Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 09:52 AM   #1  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Happy Hump Day!! 10-17-01

Good morning everyone!! No bosses at all today!! Yippee!!
I must get some kind of work done, though.
Belle: You hang in there!!
Kim: Thinking of you today!
Rina: If I lived anywhere near you, I'd be your favorite customer!! I love massages and I haven't even had a real one!
Tonya: Where are you going on vacation?
Just thought I'd get the thread started so I'll be back around later!
Come out and play everyone!!!
Old 10-17-2001, 10:24 AM   #2  

Angry

Good morning Stacey (and everyone else lurking!),

Hopefully you can stick around today while the bosses are gone!

I am just about done with my projects that needed to be completed before I left for vacation. Now, I just have to remember to leave a message on my voice mail at work, or people will wonder why I am not answering!!!

Stacey, I am going to Nashville, TN (myself and my family) to visit friends, and my DH and my friends DH are going on a hunting trip together in the Cumberland Mountains over the weekend. We will be down there until next Wednesday. This is the first vacation (more than a day or two) we have had since our honeymoon 5 years ago, so I am more than ready to be away from work!

Even amongst the packing, cleaning the house (can't stand leaving on vacation and not having my house spotless, couldn't stand to come home to it! ) cooking dinner and laundry, I have managed to stay OP, walk on my treadmill, and drink 70 oz. of water each day. I was going to WI tomorrowm morning before we left, but I have been blessed with TOM, so I think I will skip it this week, keep up my good work, and WI next week, I always gain 3 pounds this time of the month and don't want to see that on the scale!!

Let's see if I can remember some of the conversations from yesterday....

Kim ~ I am sorry you are going thru troubling times lately. Hang in there with bf, he needs you now, and I know things will work out...allow yourself some time to do the things you want to do. Life is too short to let things bring you down.... You always have us!!!!!

Jen ~ Glad to hear your eye is better....I hope your feeling 100% soon.

Belle ~ Job hunt every day! I know you will find some where great to work....the conditions you are working in now are not the norm! Tell em' to go to h*ll when you quit!

Rina ~ Don't worry too much about your clients. Give them a little time to calm down and they will see how much they need your treatments and will be back, I know it!

Hi to Becky, Ali, Jen2, Kierie, Kirsty (are you still alive?), Lolly, Janet, Trish (how are you feeling?), and Sarah (I know I forgot people, sorry!!)

Well, back to the grind, check in later!!
Old 10-17-2001, 10:50 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Hi All,

I am fairly sick today so I am taking the day off of school to recover. I have a stupid UTI so I am definately not happy right now and am on Macrobid for a week which has made me really tired. On top of that I have a cold.... grrrr.... I am not having a good week, plus I am pigging out (my usual thing I do when I have a cold).

Anyhoo, Belle <hugs> I am sorry you're having such a rough time at work. My best friend is in the same field as you and just got majorly screwed over as well. I hope things work out and maybe you can get the job back at the shelter.

Take Care!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 10-18-2001 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2001, 12:09 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Wow - lots of job stress going around. I like my jobs right now because they're temporary and if I get upset with where I'm working I can tell the boss people to shove it and go somewhere else. Temping is great. THe only thing I don't have are benefits and that might be nice.
Ali - feel better, colds suck.
Tonya - you sound so organized, I'm sure you'll have a great trip
Stacey - have a fun no boss day
and from last night
Rina - I'm sending you happy vibes for new clients that can be your favourites.

Have a great day all, I'll be back
Old 10-17-2001, 12:32 PM   #5  
Canadian Chick

hi girls

I am so exhausted today. I think its because of all of this stupid worrying I'm doing-it just drains me emotionally. I don't have to work today so its nice. I just have to tryo not to think about it. Of course I kept myself up until 2:30am thinking about it all. Today I'm just going to try to leave it. Last night when I was worrying though I ate extra stuff that put me over pointwise for the day. I have to stop emotionally eating. I need to find something else that provides that instant comfort. Any suggestions? Today I am going to behave myself. I'm making some yummy comforting soup for lunch that's pretty low in points and later on an angel food cake-yum! Now if I can only get in the mood to exercise. Its so gloomy here today and its really windy. Makes me want to curl up with a good book and a blanket. Maybe that can be my reward for exercising.

Tonya, Have a great vacation! I hope you really enjoy yourself.

Kim, I hope that everything goes ok tomorrow. Maybe after its all over with you bf will want to focus on someting else for a bit and then maybe you'll have an ok b-day tomorrow afterall. How are you managing with your eating through all of this stress? It must be difficult to care about it at a time like this.

Belle, how goes the job hunt? I really hope you find someting to make you happy. I'll keep my fingers crossed and my thumbs pressed for you.

KT thanks for the vibes. I really don't want to have to find a new favorite but I could use some more awesome clients. Glad to hear that someone is having a great time with their job-or in your case jobs.

Stacey, nice you can finally be in here with out your internet police. Does you new computer have any programs on it that might track you online? Hopefully not.

Ali, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. UTIs suck. Hope you are resting. Try to eat foods that are going to help you heal faster. If you lived a little closer i'd bring you some of that soup I'm making today. Remember water is your friend today. Hopefully you'll be back to normal really quick. Sorry to hear you've got a walking penis to work for. Seems to be a lot of that going around

Hi to everyone else. Come out and play

Rina
Old 10-17-2001, 12:46 PM   #6  

Default Hello!

Not a lot of time to write-I was catching up on the posts from yesterday...to all with job-stress-**hugs** and hang in there...
Kim-Happy Birthday! Sorry you had to spend it at a funeral, but BF knows you're there for him, even if he isn;t showing it yet...once he gets over his grief I';m sure he will thank you....people that are grieving tend to be self absorbed by necessity.....
Hi to everyone else-Kier-your post from the other day made me laugh out loud!
Old 10-17-2001, 01:04 PM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Just a quick post. Today is hubby's b-day and I am trying to think of something special to do tonight. But we are both so tired at night, I guess just a dinner he likes and his gift. Maybe I will put a birthday hat on the dog. That would be cute.

Kim: You are a good GF. Don't worry about comments BF makes. This is a hard time and people say many things they don't mean. happy birthday.

Sorry to all who are having job issues. Life is short, find a better job! You are all worth it!

Tonya: Have a great vacation! It sounds like fun.

Ok, I need to get back to work. Will check back later.

Trish
Old 10-17-2001, 01:32 PM   #8  

Default Another quick hi

I am so tired right now, I just want to go to bed. Maybe it is a pregnancy thing ( that is what I hear) or maybe it is just b/c there is no work to do.

I went to the voleyabll game last nght and then home to make dinner. I had leftover jambalaya and made corn muffins, yummy. Then I had ice cream and went to bed at 10:15!

Have a good trip Tonya!

Feel Better Ali!

Happy Birthday Kim!

TTYL

Sarah
Old 10-17-2001, 02:45 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Rina: Thanks I am living on soup right now, and pudding.... and ice cream... bad me. I am sure your soup is yummy though.

Trish: I applied for a job in my field (or one of them anyway, more what I studied in University, but alas, once I get my Law Clerk Diploma, I'll have plenty of jobs to choose from.

KT: Yeah hopefully I'll be fine by tomorrow or so...

Happy Birthday Kim!

Sarah: Thanks, I caught up on some homework today.... I know I should be resting, but I had stuff to do.... I get a field trip to the Supreme Court tomorrow!!!

Anyhoo, Take Care Y'all

Ali
Old 10-17-2001, 03:33 PM   #10  

Thumbs down

Well, it's about time for me to bail, and get my DD from Kindergarten and head home. It will seem weird not talking with you girls for over a week! Don't talk about too much while I am gone!

I hope everyone has a great week, and I will check in when we return.

Later!
Old 10-17-2001, 04:06 PM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ho Hum!!

I'm ready to go home! I've been bonding with a coworker. We're good friends so it's easy to keep from working
So how is everyone today? Where's Lolly? Jen are you ok?
Trish: Happy bday to your hubby! I think the dog idea is cute!!
Sarah: I don't know personally, but I've heard that the first few months of pg you're dog tired then in the middle and towards the end you have tons of energy. Is that right, Trish?
Rina: I think a book and cozy afternoon is a PERFECT reward for excercising!!! Great idea!
Lori: Good to hear from you!
Ali: Drink plenty of fluids!! Hey, at least running to the potty is getting you activity points!...right?
Tonya: Bring us something cool, ok? Tell hubby not to shoot his foot or his friend's foot for that matter.
KT: Hmm, being temp sounds pretty good but I do need benefits. I don't know what I'd do without insurance.
Hey, where's Kay? Are you doing ok?
Must get back to work...HAHA that's a joke, but I do need to get a few things done so I don't feel guilty.
Maybe I'll be back later.
Old 10-17-2001, 04:37 PM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Sarah: It is the pg. I was so tired until about 14-15 weeks. Then I felt much better. I am starting to get a little tired again. I think this has more to do with the fact that I am up all night peeing! Also, the bigger you get the harder it is to be comfortable when you sleep.

Corn bread sounds really good.
Old 10-17-2001, 05:17 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I was so tired the first trimester I would fall asleep at my desk, then get home and be sleeping by 7:00. When I was first PG but didn't know, I thought I had the flu because I was so wiped out! You will get energy the 2nd trimester... but then it leaves the third when you get bigger and just plain exausted from the whole thing. Also remember the farther you are along, the more the baby takes from you. So eat well and that will help with energy!

My eyes are almost better and my cold is almost gone. WOW, that was one heck of an illness!
Closed Thread