South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 05:11 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Spring Chicken Chat

UP UP UP and Ad'em Chicks!!!!!! It's still pitch black out here in loverly Nerth Caroliner..and Brrrrr it's C O L D !!!! Time to perk some cawfee and turn the heat up a bit and shake the cobwebs out!!!!!

I'll be back in a bit to chat
Old 03-23-2006, 05:45 AM   #2  
Pirate

I don't know what was with me but I barely slept a wink last night. I feel so tired right now! I didn't do so well for dinner last night since I had to eat at school and I left my salad at work (I'm very forgetful.. ). I think that may be what kept me up, probably a sugar rush. I won't let it get me down though, instead of using this as an excuse to get off Phase I like I normaly would, I'll just keep going. I don't know if one off-plan meal will throw my body back into its old way of processing sugars but I'll just keep going. This is day 5 for me and I really don't want to start over . If I keep going on Phase I and off Phase I I'll probably hardly lose anything!

Anyway, I am off to work. Sorry to rant for a bit, I am just trying to amp myself up so I don't quit...again. hehe.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schatzi, you are just too darned enthusiastic early in the morning! Remind me not to share a room with you at the next MOD meet!

Geek, sorry you are pooped! Just keep on going on Phase I and eat more protein for energy.

My Doggage barked before 5 this morning so I got up. I didn't go to bed until nearly midnight so it was a tad difficult to get going although certainly fixes me up. It was pitch black when they went out for potty and they set up a terrible noise when they got out there. We had some deer in the meadow. I hope the neighbours appreciated the warning.

Today the temperature is going to go ABOVE freezing! Imagine that! I am pretty sore from my physio but intend to walk Lucy down for the mail this morning. Doing the PT exercises three times a day plus doing 20 minutes on the treadmill is certainly going to cut into my online time but it has to be done to get the knee fully functioning again.

Time to lug the recycle out to the road. See y'all later.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

For cryin out loud, early birds, err, chicks. Morning. I'm about to get ready to dry my hair and go to work. Just thought I'd make a fly by.

Tried on the bridesmaid dress after it got altered and it looks fabulous!!!! Apparently both Megan and I said that it looks like a totally different dress now. It looks really good. I can't believe it!

Also, I'm down another pound today. (Maybe because I ran two miles last night?) I'm in dire need of new running shoes.... my left hip is killing me today. I don't even know what kind is good for running long distances. Any thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great, OP day today. I'm going to work, teach piano, come home and eat, change clothes, and go out to the club to help set up for the rehearsal dinner tomorrow. Thank God I took tomorrow off from work!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Old 03-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm going to need Schatzi's early morning enthusism, the next few weeks ahead.
She makes me laugh , when reading her posts.

Have to make this short as we're leaving for our daily hospital visits,for the treatments. I 'm going to be the desinated driver and there are a few rotaries[round abouts] that I have to cross over,which is scary to me.

My weight's going down these past couple of days,due to nervousness & not exercising.Now its going up 2 lbs. Hope I will be able to hold on to what my ticker reads at 149, for a while longer before going back to a gain of 152. Any suggestions?????????

Will post later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 03-23-2006 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks. Just a quick flyby for me today. Hope everyone has a fabulous day.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OK, Schatzi, you woke us up, now where are you? I was up early getting some laundry done before I went to Curves. I tried to post earlier, but my computer was acting up and that post is floating around somewhere in cyberspace right now.
This week is flying by! The girls and I have had fun activites to keep us busy, so that has made my days go fast. I do hope I've made this a fun Spring Break for them, they sure seem to be enjoying it! Mommy is finally taking some time off to spend with them tomorrow. They're going to the NJ Adventure Aquarium for the day, and I get the day off. I have Monday off, too, so it's a rare 4-day weekend for me!! I'm taking the high-speed train to my DD's tomorrow afternoon, and we're going to a concert tomorrow night, and I'll be babysitting Saturday, then coming back here with them on Sunday after church. So I'm looking forward to it. It's just going to be really hard to stay OP while I'm there, but I have my Weigh & Measure at Curves on Tuesday, so I'm hoping that will be enough to motivate me.

Geekchick ~ Stay with Phase 1, you seem to being doing pretty good! Just follow Ruth's advice and get more protein and veggies in there.

Ruth ~ How's your knee coming along? Try not to overdo it on the physio and treadmill, you don't want to re-injure it.

Well, I need to get some housework done, so I'm outta here for now.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Weezle, I bet that bridemaid's gown looks smashing on you, with all the weight you've been losing! You are definitely going to reach your goal by 5/15!

Beachbum ~ Have a safe trip to the hospital. Tell your DH that we're all sending up prayers for him. You are both in our thoughts.

Pearsy ~ Good Morning!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chickies

Not much going on around here today. I'm trying to catch up at work where it seems the paper is never-ending. I'm soooo looking forward to the weekend when I can just kick back with the littles and relax!

Schatzi - You were up waaayyy too early this morning!
Geek - I think you have a good attitude about just keeping on with Phase I. The thing I love most about this WOE is that it does have wiggle room in it so you can have an off meal here or there and just pick up and keep going.
Ruth - Hear 'ya on the doggies barking so early. Mine loves to tell us when the neighbor is getting home at 3am.
Weezle - Yeah!!! on the dress and the pound!
Beach - and try to take care of yourself during this time.
Pear & Cottage - Hope you both have a great day.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Good morning chickies.

I've been MIA the past few days but now I'm back from the dead. I've been home "sick" for the past two days. I would have sworn that I had an ear infection and strep. DD has a double ear infection we found on on Tuesday. I went to the Dr yesterday and found out that I have a torn neck muscle. That was making my ear and throat hurt. Dr gave me some good drugs and I feel sooooo much better now. I somehow managed to stay OP while sick - and I'm down another 2 lbs!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO

I've missed everyone - and now need to read and catch up!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Good Morning Beachies!

Yesterday was such a good day. Went to the gym and discovered I'm down another pound!! So now I'm only up two pounds from my horrendous eating last weekend. Not bad. Maybe my goal of getting down to 180 before the waterpark trip isn't too much of a stretch?

I tried on some swimming suits last night....NOT PRETTY!! I may be wearing shorts and a t-shirt over the suit....

Oh well.

Schatzi - Wow, posting at 4 in the morning...sheesh. I can't even imagine being up that early - willingly anyhow!

Geek - Good for you for not quitting!!

Ruth - Deer in the medow huh? We have a tree line right outside our front door and we let our puppy out one night last fall and there was a 10point buck standing about 2 feet from the puppy!! That was a scare. We hauled the puppy back in (I don't think his feet hit the ground once). You just never know what's going through bucks' heads during mating season...

Weezle - You're down another pound! Congrats! My fav kind of running shoes are the Nike Shox - any style really. They're expensive, but man they are so worth it. I just bought a pair about a month ago and it made a huge difference in my workout, I didn't tire out nearly as fast!

Beach Bum - driving, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Pearsy, Cottage and Kelly - Good Morning Ladies!

CKB - on your 2lb loss!! Sorry to hear that you and DD have been so sick. There sure is some nasty stuff going around - I'm still trying to get over this cold (it's been here for 2 weeks now!)

Nicole
Old 03-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #12  
chick on the beach

S/C/G: 215/208/150

goodmorning
im new to south beach but so far im likeing it this morning ive walked my 2 miles and ive got to clean house but i gess thats it i go back to work next week so im enjoying being home hope you ladies have a good day
Old 03-23-2006, 10:45 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life!

Good morning! We're actually having a spring-like day. I'm going to start getting out the spring decorations to liven things up around here.

I had a great eating day yesterday and plan to continue that today.

Hi Lindy!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #14  

I'm baaaack my darlin chickadooos!

Geekchic:
Never Give UP Never Surrender!!!! (it's a classic line from Galaxy Quest..I really funny movie..)

Ruth! Ah, you would love to have me as a roomie!! I would fetch you Red Rose tea and hide your teeth... he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Weezie!!!
! Must post pic of Pretty In Pink Weezlette.. on yer pound loss!!! U R doing GARRRREEAT!!

BB: Oh No!!!!! Round-a-bouts!!! Rotaries!!! Circles!!!! oh lawd, you and I would be giggling going around and around

Cottage: I took my cawfee into bed with me where I watched all the show that I just can't stay up fer Thank the electronic gods fer TIVO!!!! Then went to Curves!!! It was busy there this morn!

KellyJ: Nah, we're all just takin turns started up the morn thread tilll our Freaky gets her puter fixed... Freaky is the EARLY Bird!!!!

CKB: I feel yer pain darlin' I have terrible ears!!!
Wantitibad: 2 miles!!!! EXCELLENTOOOO!

to my pearsydew,and dare
toooo..

Can you sprain a boob or 2??? My ears have been botherin me lately, so I used a warm water/peroxide mix and syringed my ears and of course water got stuck..so I hopped up and down on one foot --WITHOUT A BRAaaaaaa!!!! My FlabFlap Breastesis Flung up Slammed DOWN IIIIEEEEEEEEEE Not only did it make that hideous FOWOOOOOP sound but man, it near brought me to my knees...I think they got stretched out tooo... oh the pain the pain!!!

Must go and do somethin..... later taters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

OH SCHATZI....... I'm laughing so hard and it hurts...I'm near tears!! I kept wondering how I could tear a muscle in my neck....did my husband punch me in my sleep???....You've solved it for me...one of my boobs punched me in my sleep!!!!
Closed Thread