Old 03-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #1  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Default newbie from Illinois

Hi there, I have been watching you guys for a couple of weeks now and I am finally ready to jump on. I have been doing LAWL since Oct 2005. I lost an initial 20 pounds (my goal is 38) right away. Since the new year things have stalled out. I keep loosing and gaining back the same 2 pounds. I became really fustrated, I was doing everything they told me to do and staying on plan. In mid Feb. we went on vacation and I took a break from the plan. I only gained 2 pounds! Since then my whole attitude has gone down hill. I can not stop cheating. I am good for a few days and then I have to cheat, I figure why not, nothing is happening anyways.
I have also become comfortable with the 20 pound weight loss, and keep reasoning with myself that this is good enough.
But I want to finish what I started, I need to accomplish this, it is the one thing in my life that I have never been able to do. This is the longest I have stayed on a diet and the most I have ever lost.
Please help me get that fire back. I went to WI today and asked them to start kicking my butt! They said first off I need to start going in 3 days a week. I dropped to 1 day a week because I was getting so depressed weighing in and not seeing results.
Anyways this has probably gone on too long. Any advice would be appreciated
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome!! Come on over to the Losers and Friends thread and say hello. I promise you will find a lot of motivation around here!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

welcome fellow illinis-ian!! It must be an Illinois thing with not being able to lose weight. I blame the cold weather!! All joking aside katie is right we are a great bunch of people. And we will help motivate you whenever needed. Just ask and you shall recieve!! Keep up with the diet. Have you thought about doing TO *take off* again? Maybe that will kickstart things. As for cheats, maybe thats part of the reason you keep staying within those 2 lbs. Try TO and try not to cheat. Its so hard. And we all do it but you gotta get your body in motion. Dont give in to the temptations. As one of the chickies once told me. Every cheat is a derailment to your goal and its just makes it that much longer until you reach goal.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #4  

Hi ljackson...Welcome to the board.

I agree with the counselor that told you to come in three times a week. That is what helps me stay on track the most. When I only had to weigh-in once a week on other diets, it was easy to convince myself that I could cheat 2 to 3 days out of the week.

Since I started LAWL, I have been going in every Mon, Wed, and Fri. Now, when I am tempted to cheat, I usually don't because I'm only a day away from weighing in again. Of course, when I have been off-plan, it is very hard to go get on the scale.
buttercup160 is offline   Reply With Quote