Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/133/124

Height: 5'3"

Red face please take a look at my fit day

i had posted recently about no weight loss, so i began a fit day account and would like some constructive criticisms. everything on there is accurate. i did not omit or embellish anything. i am vegetarian also. there are a couple of things i just guessed on, since i could not find any nutrition info on them, for instance, the grilled cheese from in n out. i tried to overestimate, rather than under. i am most interested in my protien, carbs, and fats intake. are they too high or low? what is a good amount of protien to have in my diet? carbs? i think fats should be around 35 or so, which i have been over on a couple of days i know...

thank you

meagan

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJourn...?Owner=meeegun
meeegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

The one thing I would say is you need more protein. I understand it's harder being a vegetarian but you need to find ways to add more protein and less carbs/fat. It looks like you eat dairy correct? Definitely add more cheese, milk yogurt, etc. Beans and nuts are also good. Finally if you have trouble you may want to look into getting some protein powder or meal replacement powder. Easy meal or snack.

Good luck!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #3  

ya, i know. the prob with nuts is they are very high fat...i just bought a big container of yogurt and realized that it has 11g protien per serving. i will definitely be eating more yogurt. i hate regular milk, always have. i am considering a protien powder because it is very difficult for me to get enough. thanks for your input. =)

meagan
Old 03-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

i agree! Your carbs make up a LOT of your daily intake. Maybe try substituting the cola with one of those light yogurt smoothie type drinks. Still quite a few carbs but some protien too! I even get a type of sprouted wheat bread that has a bit of protien in it. You can find it in unexpected places. Yogurt and apples are a good prot snack, or peanut butter and celery, or a string cheese, or a glass of milk. etc.

good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:37 PM   #5  

oops scratch the glass of milk then.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

what about cottage cheese? That's got some protein too, and not as much fat.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #7  

okay and to add... sorry last time i promise... my smoothie recipe (very good and better than the smoothies sold in the store imo.)

nf vanilla yog (1 cup)
1/4 c apple sauce (no sugar added if possible)
1/2 cup frozen fruit (mixed berry or mangoes are my fav)

can add prot powder if you like and a bit of nf milk if its too thick.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 AM   #8  

i think that pie chart is off, i tried to set it for 1200 calories but for some reason it shows like 2200 or something. how many carbs should i be eating per day? i thought it was somewhere around 300. i definitely do need to add more protien. cottage cheese would be great, if i would eat it...something about the texture. i admit i am very picky. but i did find this textured veggie protien, it looks like ground beef and has no fat and 9g protien. i will be adding more of this to my diet also...i am almost tempted to stray from my veggie diet until i lose some weight. i am tempted to eat fish, high protien, low fat, lots of omegas...i`m considering it.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

You change it in the Goals section I think...

suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:12 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

regarding nuts--yes, they are high in fat, but they are high in GOOD fat. Your body NEEDS fat in order to absorb a lot of nutrients, plus fat helps to keep you feeling full for longer than carbs. Just limit your intake of saturated and trans fats--unsaturated fats are GOOD for you! Of course, I'm not saying you should have 90% of your calories from fat or anything, but good fats are NOT the enemy here
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I'm in with the protein powder. I use soy and whey.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 139/124/115

Soda is empty. Think about it like this. 1 soda about every 20 days=3500 calories. 3500=1 pound. its an easy thing to cut out because of all the alternatives (flavored water, diet soda, herbal iced tea with splenda). If you need the caffience try plain old iced tea. Diet sodas with splenda are a lot better tasting then those with aspartme. Just takes a bit of getting used to

Your saturated fat yesterday looks pretty high, but I'm assuming that is from the candy?
Looks like you are on the right track, just need some tweaking. Carbs, fiber, etc. is important and you can lose with a veggie diet. It just takes some work and focus on the veggies. I'm switching back to veggie, actually because it keeps me away from a lot of junk food! We all have our weaknesses (for me, pizza).
Light soymilk is a good source of protein. If you don't dig the texture, mix it with ice, cocoa (or vanilla, or coffee, or all three!), and splenda (or sugar) in a blender for a nice little treat. If you do eat meat, be careful. i was a very strict vegetarian when I was younger, and my doctor told me to start eating animal products and meat again. Your stomach stops producing an anzyme, so it will hurt for a couple days until you start producing it again!
anyothername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
regarding nuts--yes, they are high in fat, but they are high in GOOD fat.
I was just going to post the same thing

Nuts are high in monounsaturates, which are good for your heart. So girl, if you've got the calorie room, eat 'em!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

The fit day journal links are still not working? Anybody else having this problem?

suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

All of the other Fitday links seem to be working but yours. Maybe try copying and pasting the link again--it may have gotten messed up somehow
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote