Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #1  
Finding Me

Question Strange feeling....

Anyone else get this feeling...? Whenever I get off the treadmill ...I still feel like Im moving...Kinda like when you go swimming for awhile and you get out and still feel like you're in the pool. A trainer at the gym said It might be like that for awhile...just wondering if anyone else has experianced this. Makes me feel all weird....however i still LOVE the treadmill!

Christina
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #2  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Yup. I have that happen whenever I use a treadmill. I remember sometimes I'd finish treadmilling and walk home, and even when I hit the shower I still felt like I was treadmilling!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #3  
one leg press at a time

lol- I always thought I was the only one that had that feeling. The first time I got off of a treadmill, I kinda ended up tripping or stumbling and nearly falling over b/c it was just so odd feeling..kinda like my feet & legs had not caught up with the rest of my body & brain.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #4  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Yep! Depends on how long and with how much intensity I was treadding, but that happens to me occasionally. I always assumed it was because the leg muscles were still firing and weren't bright enough to figure out that I had moved on to another activity!

In any event, maybe it means you're still burning those treadmill calories! Yay!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I usually use the "cool down" button on and that seems to help. I just have to be careful not to have the music up too loud or I miss the transitions when it slows down.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #6  

I get that feeling after a long drive. For a few hours, I feel like we are still moving. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I like to have a long cool down (10 minutes) after a treadmill session, so it doesn't happen then.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #7  
Finding Me

thanks for the responses ladies....makes me feel a whole lot better!! lol
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #8  

I have that feeling especially after the eliptical, and I look like I'm moon walking for a while!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #9  

Lol I love the feeling when I get off the treadmill/eliptical. I guess it means that you really worked your muscles... or at least that's what I tell myself!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #10  
1 day at a time

S/C/G: HW300/283/241/160

Oh wow I was just thinking about that today it always happen everytime I thought since I get on so much the feeling will go away but, it dont' Just like when I go swimming get out the water my legs feel like I am still in the water feel like I am moving in slow motion. lol
Lesa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

here i thought i was the only person who felt that way after getting off of a treadmill. it happens to me too. i don't have as much of a problem with that after the elliptical, but every time i get on the treadmill, it happens to me when i get off. i have a little trouble stopping the treadmill. it just feels weird. i don't treadmill often. i use the elliptical when there is an opportunity.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #12  

When I was younger I went to a friend's house and we jumped on her trampoline for hours. Even when I went to bed that night, my legs still felt weird, like they were still jumping. I told my friend about it, and she said that had happened to all of her family, too, when they first got the trampoline.

It might be something that you will get used to over time. Nothing to worry about!
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #13  
Fat-be-gone

I get like that after a day of riding roller coasters. I'll be in bed at night and it'll feel as if I was on a roller coaster. Too weird. But yes, I experience the same thing when I get off a treadmill. Not with the elliptical machine, though. Wonder how it feels when you get off a bike??

Rosario
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It does it to me as well, I simply take a couple of minutes at the end and take it down to a really slow walk and do that for a minute or two. Then I make sure to thoroughly STRETCH when I am done. It helps.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

I guess it would be similar to havin 'sea legs' after being on a ship for a long time...

Aphil -- LOVE your avatar and the new pic in your profile !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote