Old 03-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  
PurpleSunshine

Thumbs up Biggest Noticeable Change since LAWL??

Okay chickies - I was thinking of doing a fun post....

What is the most noticeable change since starting LAWL?

Control? Motivation? Food habits? Execise? Energy? Anything......SV or NSV

I think my biggest accomplishment is that I don't have my afternoon cravings anymore like I used to. Before LAWL - I would eat lunch and less than 30 minutes I would want something sweet - just crave chocolate or anything even if I was stuffed. Now I noticed that my body has really learned it's comfort zone and doesn't really on the sweet fix after a meal to feel complete!! That is a great victory for me because I feel as if - I overcome a major obstacle in my weightloss journey......

Can't wait to hear any others.....I know we are all busy, but I thought this would be fun!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Understanding BALANCE, thats the key with this program AND being smaller than I ever have been in my adult life.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #3  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

My biggest accomplishment is start eating new vegetables an feel that I have more ENERGY than before. Before, I was allways tired, and just for talking on the phone I feel without breath. I just hated to feel that way,and even when I commit my sins once in a while I don't want to go back to feel that way again. I want to look like this not like this anymore! So thanks LAWL for give me back my energy.!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #4  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Looking & feeling better. Learning to eat healthier.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Making sensible choices in my food. And hopefully one day soon it will be smaller clothes!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

My biggest change is the lack of starch cravings. I felt like you did Heather, like I NEEDED something sweet. On my way to work last summer I would stop for coffee every morning. I would buy 2 crispy creme doughnuts, and scarf one before I got to work so that my staff would not know that I was eating 2. I would always buy a candy bar when I bought gas or groceries. I would always order dessert in a restaurant. When I went to McDonalds, I would order a meal AND a chicken sandwich off the dollar menu, and scarf down the chicken on the way home so that DH did not know that I ate that much. Now I don't even have the urge to eat like that. I used to leave restaurants with my blood sugar sky high, feeling like crap. That never happens now. I used to cook with no regard to fat, sodium, or carbs. Never again. I guess the other biggest change for me is that I my fibromyalgia is so much better. I used to have these painful massages to work all of the trapped lymph (toxins) out of my sore body, since I have lost weight and started exercising, my body has started moving it's own lymph. I sleep better, feel better, and of course, look better. Now when a man says hello in a store, or catches my eye and smiles, I know it is because I look good, and that makes me feel awesome. The WL has also done good things for DH in the bedroom. I have also made so many great friends here on 3FC, you ladies really enrich my life. My life has been changed in many ways, this has certainly been an exciting journey so far! Thanks Heather, what a great thread.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #7  

I use my fruit servings and my bars as my sweet fix instead of candy (I love candy!). I also love feeling energized after a meal, not feeling like I need to take a nap.
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #8  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

KATIE:
That is so sweet what you said about the site at the end of your post! You are a sweetheart!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #9  
Princess Heather

I think for me the biggest change for me is I don't feel tired all the time. Like you Katie, I was a "secret eater". I would buy 2 donuts, and extra food and eat it before anyone else would know. Now I don't do that. I used to come home from work and have to take a 2 hour nap...but now I don't. Before joining LAWL I could not have kept up with my DFSs and now I am able to take care of them and to have fun with them too! I hope down the road to be able to add a bunch of other things this weight loss has done to make my life better!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #10  
Katie

Good for you Heather. Wonder what the "secret eating" is all about. Well, I guess for me it was shame, embarrassment, etc. Emotional eating. I think that I am finally learning to love myself enough to say no to hurting my body. Whew, I'll get off of the therapists couch now!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:18 PM   #11  
Katie

Yeah, it is. And you will be POP, and the cereal incident will be forgotten.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #12  

Great Post Heather! Very motivational...

I think the biggest thing to me - that I never thought would be a side effect- after being sort of a career dieter..,trying lots of different diets (yet not sticking with anything) is that...I now realize the great amount of energy and self-abuse I put into beating myself up for making what I KNEW were terrible food choices! I would do the "secret eating" thing, and then...the rest of the day I hated myself for it! And the constant..."Well, I'll start TOMORROW on the such and such diet"... which, of course, tomorrow never came, until I joined LAWL.

Now I can be proud every day (even if that's difficult sometimes) that I am honoring my body with the right fuel, and looking better each day!

Hugs to all,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #13  
Losing the Weight!

My biggest change, besides the one on the scale is that I'm down a whole size already! YEAH.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #14  
PurpleSunshine

I'm so glad that some of you have really enjoyed this post and hopefully (like me) it made you aware of actually how many big changes that have happened - especially NSV!! I could list several....I'm just happy that I found this board with the support - it has been a life changer for me - I don't feel deprived anymore when someone eats something around me that is not OP - I just feel like I'm making better choices.......

You chickies are great and ditto to Katie's last part of her post!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #15  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Wow--it seems many of us have the same views. I was a closet eater because if no one saw me eat it, then it didn't count. If people saw me eat junk then they could say I deserved my weight problem, this was they could wonder why on earth I was heavy. I now know I was (probably still a little bit) of a carb addict--I felt a real high when I ate carbs. Until LAWL I rarely ate anything before 2:00 pm, but then didn't stop until bedtime. I never went to bed without Rolaids. My body must have been miserable. So yes, now I have less cravings, sleep much better, and even with only a 21 pound loss my self esteem is much better.

One thing I have noticed with everyone here is the guilt factor, the new ways we reward ourselves, and what we consider "treat" foods. I used to could eat a whole basket of chips and salsa with 2 margaritas before dinner even arrived and didn't feel the amount of guilt 5 chips give me now. I reward myself with massages and pedicures (and Myrtle Beach!) instead of a Snickers or Krispy Kreme. And now my treat foods are grapes with yogurt or my Lite! I can make a stick of string cheese last half an hour and enjoy every nibble!

Thanks to everyone for being here, supporting one another, listening to rants and whines, and mostly for sharing your wisdom and success.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote