Old 03-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200

Talking Newbie Here.

Hi Everyone, I'm Traci,single mom of 3 I haven't really started any diets yet, it's really hard for me, but I have made the first step by joining this group, and maybe I can figure out what diet will be best for me. I like many other got pregnant and gained weight which I haven't been able to loose for like 10yrs. thats how old my youngest is, I really hate feeling like this, I would love to be happy with myself again and feel atractive. I'm around 200lbs I haven't got on a scale for a while. I would like to join like Jenny craig or something but money is tight so I'm trying to figure out how I can get motivated and start doing something. I can't wait to get to know everyone and get going on something to help myself out. Thanks
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!

There are so many plans-I think the best thing for you to do right now, is to consider what you can stick with, and what will best serve your needs. A successful weight loss plan is one that you can stick to for life. All weight loss plans can and do work-but only if you stick with them, so that is why there is literally a different plan for everyone.
First-consider money. Plans like Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem require that you buy their food every week and supplement their entrees with fruits/yogurt, etc. from your regular store. It works and teh food is already portion controlled, but can you afford to buy their food every week?

Weight Watchers has meetings in almost every area, but their meetings are considerably less than a contract with JC, etc. and you can eat your own food-which makes more sense for someone on a budget, and you can prepare one meal for you and your family.

If you don't feel that you need weekly meetings, etc. and want to weigh in and do it on your own-there are many different plans where you can buy a book and follow it instead. Some plans have foods that are not allowed-like Atkins, South Beach, etc.-but Atkins is much, much more restrictive than South Beach. I am someone who will obsess over something if I am told that I cannot have it-so Atkins is not a good choice for me-while South Beach would be more feasable.

I am a calorie counter, and an avid exerciser-I do it all on my own,making healthy choices and staying active. That is what works for me.

There are a lot of different plans around here-browse around, read the information on them, and also check out the Support and Exercise sections! You will learn a lot, and maybe learn which of the plans seems the best fit for you personally.

Good luck to you!
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote