South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Start or Restart - Week of March 19

Please use this thread to post your menus and questions and give and get support.
Before you ask a question, please be sure you have thoroughly checked the stickies in this section and in the FAQ.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #2  
Pirate

Hmm.. am I first?! Woah, that's never happened to me before.

Anyway, I started Phase I today.. again, and ti went really well. I woke up a bit late and went to the gym and did cardio and arms. Then, I had two eggs (fried in a little "I can't believe it's not butter" to stop them from sticking) and some tomato. Then I had a cheese stick for a snack and a broiled piece of chicken (99% fat free, and such) with Brus. sprouts and Broc. I need to get used to vegetables, I'm not a huge greens fan.. Unless it's in a dish, like noodles/sushi, etc. But, ah well. Rice is killing me.. I love rice so much, haha. Maybe on Phase II I can look to some whole grain.

That was my OP day. I was psyched. I cut up the chicken left over and put it in a salad for lunch tomorrow with some Carb Well Ranch Dressing. Breakfast might be tough because I have so little time to get ready but I will see what I can do.

I hope everyone else had a great day!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, fellow P1er's! After a bad week being very off plan I'm going to be good again starting today. B'fast will be some mock oatmeal. I"m going to look in the lc forum, they have some good p1 acceptable recipes there. I found one with TVP a while ago so hopefully I can find it and try it this morning.

Here's to a good OP P1, girls!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Default New to 3chicks and South Beach

Good Morning, I'm new here and new to SB. 3 years ago I went on atkins and lost 25lbs. I kept it off until I quit smoking last year, since then my weight is an all time high. I am very glad to find this site. I think I need the accountability and support.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Grannyt! Glad to have you here!

I too am restarting P1 today. The DB's birthday was this past weekend, and I don't think one of my meals was OP. So, I will be scared when I step on the scale at the gym tonight!

Ladies and let's have a great first OP day!!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #6  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I'm restarting South Beach tomorrow (didn't make it to the store over the weekend). I did Phase I in July and loved it but at the time we had just sold our house and I was changing jobs so it wasn't the best time to try to stick with a diet. This time around DH is going to try it with me. I'm not sure how well he'll do though because he doesn't have much time to make breakfast or lunch. I'm hoping to be able to stick with it until I reach my goal weight this time!
Old 03-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #7  
Pirate

Today was tough for me. I had so many cravings but I stayed OP. My coworkers went to Panera Bread for lunch, if you've never heard of the place it's a little cafe chain that sells these amazing sanwhiches and soups. Their breads are so good.. Oh, man, I want to eat an entire loaf right now! But! I stuck with my salad and diet coke and I thought how miserable I would feel about once again quitting South Beach. This time I really want to make it. Even 10 pounds before graduation would make happier... but 20 would make me overjoyed, .

I hope my fellow Phase-I'ers had a great day!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:35 AM   #8  
Swivel Queen Wannabe

S/C/G: 229/206/120

Height: 5'1

Default Back on the Beach

I already posted this in another thread before I realized there was one for this week. But, I'm going to post it again hear since we're all in week one together

Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I started back on the beach last Saturday. Last time I did SB I got through the first 2 weeks, lost 8 pounds, but then started to gain once I entered phase 2. This time I'll add back in new food items more slowly. This way of eating really works for me as long as I stick to the plan. I've already lost 3 pounds. I know that's mostly water and I shouldn't weigh more than once a week, but if feels so good to see the number go down

Here's what I've been eating:

B: Breakfast scramble - Saute green & red bell peppers and onions. Add 1 spicy black bean burger patty (pre-cooked for 1 minute in the microwave and then crumbled in the pan), 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/4 cup low fat cheese, salsa & hot sauce. This is very fillling and keeps me going all morning.

L: Saturday and Sunday I got the grilled chicken ceasar salad from McDonalds. Used 1/2 of the dressing and threw out the croutons. We've (I have a 15 year old son) been in the habit of grabbing lunch on the way out to ski practice so I need to get more organized and pack our lunch instead. Yesterday I made a wonderful chef salad at home with lean turkey, ham, swiss cheese and a hard boiled egg. Dressing was light blue cheese dressing that I thinned out with a little FF half & half.

D: Saturday - Country style ribs cooked in the crock-pot, cauliflower mash, steamed cabbage, green beans. Sunday - got home late after the ski show so had a SB frozen dinner.
Monday - I eat dinner out every Monday on my way to chorus rehearsal. Last night we went to Cracker Barrell and I had a pork chop, green beans and pinto beans.

Snacks - 30 pistaschios, Celery with laughing cow cheese, "peanut butter cup", SF jello w/cool whip free.

Tonight for dinner I'm making a hamburger patty with lots of sauteed onions and mushrooms, steamed yellow squash and broccoli.

Thanks for letting me share!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:50 AM   #9  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Day 4 here for me...
My menu looks like this today
Breakfast- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon and 6 oz skim milk
snack- 15 turkey pepperonis
Lunch- homeade chili with 1 oz lowfat cheddar
Supper- taco bake and siz oz skim milk
snacks- sf popsicle, and sf fudgesicle and sf gum

Last edited by Christian; 03-21-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #10  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Good morning ladies!
I'm starting over today! I was bad this weekend! Amazingly I weighed myself this morning and I weigh less than last time I weighed in and TOM started Sunday! Not sure how that happened! Well, good luck ...I know I'll need all of it I can get with the terrible cravings that I'm having! I could eat the house down!
Old 03-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #11  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

OK, so this is what I've had today so far:
Breakfast: Coffee/2 egg omelet w/ spinach,mozzerella cheese,turkey bacon(2)and salsa.
Lunch: A Small piece of chicken breast with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.

I don't think I had quite enough cause I'm still a little hungry. I'm thinking about grabbing a sf fudgsicle. Have a great afternoon girls!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #12  

Smile

Hi everyone! I just started SB yesterday. I'm like most folks...many "diets" over the years, always with the same results; no results or yo-yo like crazy! I'm old enough now that I know better and I believe that SB will help me learn a new and much healthier way of eating. I must say, I've already learned alot just by perusing many of the threads and posts!

Anyway...Monday was day 1. I never thought I'd say this, but I was so full I could barely eat dinner! Here's what my menu looked like...did I do something wrong?

Bfast - 2 scrambled eggs with onion and tomato. 11 oz V8 (I have since learned I should only have about 6-8 oz!) 2 pieces bacon
Snack - 2 celery stalks
Lunch - 2 frozen chicken tenders - about 4 oz total, baked with garlic salt. 2 cups broccoli with about 1 tbsp margarine (I can't believe it's not butter)
Snack - 20 walnut halves
Dinner - Baked pork loin with garlic salt. Veggie mix of soy beans, mushrooms and onion.
Desert - 1 Laughing Cow piece of cheese

Today I'm actually a little hungry (it's about 4pm) so today's menu didn't hold me over as long.

Bfast - same as 1st day
Snack - 2 celery stalks with natural Pnut Butter (about 1.5 TBsp)
Lunch - salad with 4 oz chicken breast and FF ranch dressing and a dill pickle
Snack - about 4 bites of chili and beans (using mccormick chili spices, lean ground beef, onion, kidney beans and diced tomatos).

That's as far as I've gotten today.

What do you think? Am I on the right track?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #13  
Determined Loser!

Hey everyone, i just started SB on monday as well. My mother lost over 30 lbs and enjoyed every minute of the diet, so I thought i'd give it a try. I dont have that much to lose this time though, thank god

Since monday, I started counting my calories too, just to keep in a healthy range. But, I've noticed that I am always ending up below 1,000 usually around 700...which worries me a little bit. Any suggestions on how to bump up that number?

Lore1- Your menue sounds great! It doesn't seem like you are eating too much based on what you have written up. Is it possible that you're just not used to being FULL on a diet? Heh, it is definitly a nice change. I think if you feel like you are eating too much though, then just decrease the portion size a smidge.

Good luck everybody!
We're all in this together!

Jazz
Old 03-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #14  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Day 5 menu-

B- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon
S- baked turkey pepperonis
L- baked fish and whole can of green beans
s- sf fudgesicle
S- steak, broccoli with lowfat cheese and peas
s- another sf fudgesicle and maybe a few more pepperonis

Lore1- your menu looks fine, but be sure the bacon at breakfast is turkey bacon, otherwise your doing just awsome! I know you will love this way of eating, I know I do

Jazz- maybe an extra snack would help maybe a few celery sticks with hummus or natural peanut butter? you dont want to get tooo low on calories, especially since this plan lets you eat until your satisfied.

Well I am off to start some spring cleaning today Hope everyone has a great OP day
Old 03-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Christian and some other chickies, where is your dairy? Remember you can have up to 2 cups and that includes yogurt. We chicks need or calcium to avoid osteoporosis later in life.
Closed Thread