Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 08:26 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~~The Thin Group # 64~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Sassy Sharon
Old 10-11-2001, 08:30 PM   #2  

Default Oh my gosh!

I didn't even realize that we had as many postings on # 63 till I did posted and than posted again to Jello. Than I see that we have 30 posts and are on page # 2 and we always start a new one at # 29 so I started # 64 and am bring my last couple of posts over to this new one while I am at it. So here is the first one and than there is one for Jello.

Hey guys,
Wow this is great we picked up a couple of new members in our club. First Kolika than cherrycoke/Mavis. This is so wonderful to have you both here. You will love this wild and crazy group. We will all lose together.

Jello-Yes I have heard of the Cyclone diet too. I saw it in my local drug store here. I think it may be just like that Hollywood Diet that comes in a bottle too. I think it may be just too good to be true. I mean you may lose weight, but I'll just bet as soon as soon as you go back to eating normally-BAM back it comes again. LOL I wouldn't try it but to each his or her own I always say. Awwww I'll just bet your new do looks great on you. You must look so cute.

Judy-Hey I am so glad you posted again and it sounds like you are getting to be the old Judy once again, even though you have been through so much this past year. Thanks for the kind words about me. I too feel that this group would not be the same either without our Judy. I always enjoy your posts and miss you when you are gone for a while. Good idea on the Healthy Choice dinners. I too have a freezer full of them, those, Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine too. They are just great for me cause there is not the chance that I will have seconds and thirds and so on when I eat them. They are pretty good arn't they? Soon you will be right headed in the right direction again. YOU GO GIRL!

Kolika-Hey wow you used to live in Indy by me? Man I love Ben Davis High, they sure have an awesome band there. My 4 kids were all in band so if I know your town it is usually cause I have seen the band perform at competitions. LOL You have been to our fair town of Columbus eh? Wow that is great. Yes Ceraland is a great place to camp as is Brown County with all those hills they have. Is your real name Kokika? That is an interesting name I think. I like your plan for losing weight too. Hang in there, you are really trying hard weight wise. All you can do is you best and if you have a not so good day just get right back on track cause one day is not going to do you in. Just remember to take things one day at a time and you will do well. You asked what program everyone is on? I am on Weight Watchers and really like the program. It sounds like you and Mavis/Cherrycoke are old buddies. Did you know each other before? I am glad she joined and you inspired her to join up with us.

cherrycoke-So glad you have joined our merry group Mavis. I know you had posted with us in the Thanksgiving Challenge and really wanted you to come on over here with the rest of us and you did. You said you were a Brit-hey we love Brits especially around here. The Brits and the Americans have been joining forces kicking Osama Bin Ladens guys butts in Afganistan eh? Now nothing to get scared about here, like CJ says we don't bite at all. LOL I know you are happy you posted with us and I for am glad too to have you with us.

CJ-My gosh you have snow there already? I am NOT ready for snow yet. LOL Sorry you didn't have a loss at you WW meeting, but I know you are glad you didn't gain though. I wish you all the best for losing those 7 more pounds for you daughters upcoming wedding. I can't wait till we see each other, I miss ya. Dick is flying to Maine? Why don't you tag along too? It might be fun. I have always wanted to go to Maine.

Kim-I am so proud of you for being able to say no to you friend. I too feel that she takes advantage of your friendship and asks you to go above and beyond what she should expect you to do. Now that you have been able to say no to her once it should get easier the next time. If she gets hurt feelings over you saying no, than maybe you can sit her down and tell her how you feel. If she is a friend she will understand and she may not even realize that some of the things she is asking is an impostiton on you and she is not being fair to you. As far as Hannah going over to her house, I would just not let Hannah go over there if that is the way you feel. Just don't ask her anymore that's all. Your daughters health and welfare have to come first. There is nothing more important than her. Good luck!

Sandi-Hey there, glad you posted and you sure are a busy busy girl arn't you? Post again and let us know more about what you have been doing.

Gail-Hey girlfriend, Miss you lots and lots and hope that you are doing well. Hope you come back soon when the time is right for you. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{GAIL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Chrissy-Hi there Sister in law. I was happy you called on my dear brother Rick's 2 yr anniversary of his death. I can't believe that is has been 2 whole years can you? I miss him so much and know you do too. He was such a good husband and a great brother to me too. I loved talking to you on Oct 5th, thanks so much for the phone call. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well with you school. You sure are doing well and will have you degree as a programmer before you know it. I am sure proud of you and love you much.

Well I have been doing well in the weight loss department. I lost another 2.8 lbs this week so that .4 lb gain last week didn't hurt too bad. So now I have lost over 36 lbs and this time I am going all the way down where I want to be. So I will keep on doing my best to get there. So onward and downward.

On Saturday Ken and I are going to Fort Walton Beach, Florida to see my daughter Tracy who is in the Air Force and stationed there. She is graduating from Leadership School on this Tuesday, she got a promation to Staff Sargent and also re-enlisted for another 4 years. There will be a dinner/awards ceromony with all the big wigs there. So we will be a couple of proud parents and she is sooo happy that we will be able to be there with her that night. It will be great to see her again and maybe to take a dip in the Gulf Of Mexico again. But don't worry I just go up to my ankles I love it there and hope that the weather is good while we are there. It has been raining constantly here and has been getting colder every day here. I will post when we come back and will miss you guys much.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 10-11-2001, 08:33 PM   #3  

Default Here is my last post from # 63 to Jello/Jo!

One more thing, Jo you were talking about the Small Sucesses thread we used to have. So why don't you go and start one for us. That way we can all join in and it'll be fun too to go there and see things we can relate to and how well we are doing in overcoming problems and the small successes we achieve. So feel free and we will all join in.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 10-11-2001, 10:06 PM   #4  
CH

Hello Ladies, I tried to print the last forum, it was 30 pages! I really was going to try to catch up. My printer stopped in the middle so I cancelled it. I will just have to try something else.

I had a great week-end in Bloomington. Ate at a great place called Scholar's Inn. Highly recommend it! Great baked fish.
Came home to find out one of my favorite students was killed in a car wreck. She was 21 yr. old and an senior at UK. I taught her in the third grade and also taught with her mother for years. It was a terrible shock. For 2 days I ate badly, stress does that to me. I am on target again but haven't weighed in this week. I really don't care at the moment. Suddenly weight is not the most important thing in my life.

Welcome to the new ones. Don't worry about keeping up with everyone. I've been here 3 yrs. (I think) and I can't keep up with half of us. If you need to know anything ask CJ or Sassy. They have photogenic memories. they are also younger than me!

Am going to see my daughter in Bowling Green tomorrow. After this week-end, I just want to hug her and tell her I love her.
Love Ya all, Carolyn
Old 10-12-2001, 12:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi!!

Man, can't believe it! Two days in a row for me posting!!!

My friend and family just left, and Hannah is in bed. Chad called to say he's going to be late, taking a friend to Wal mart then home, so I finally get a few moments to myself.

This has been a strange, crazy weeks with Hannah. She has been an energetic bundle. She is climbing all over everything. She likes to climb on our kitchen chairs. These look more like office chairs, with rollers and made out of leather. Anyway, she got her head caught in one, and it took Chad and me to get her out. One to hold the chair and one to hold her. Poor thing, she was just hanging there from her neck. It was all I could do from crying with her, then throwing the chairs out. We ARE getting different chairs as soon as we can afford it!!! Ones w/out rolloers, or arm rests she can get caught in.

The next day, she was eating Lucky Charms, and got a marshmellow stuck in her nose. Luckily, it wasn't that small and I got it out.

The third day (sunday) she got into chad's meds, and took one (anti-depressant). We honestly thought we had them out of her reach. Didn't know she's discovered how to climb on top of his dresser. They are kept in his top dresser drawer for now. She can climb onto the bathroom counter, so the medicine cabinet is minus meds. That's why they were in our bedroom.

The rest of the week, it's just been constint climbing. Rolling the chairs to the counters, washer and dryer, you name it. This girl has no fear. Plus she has started biting me again when I try to get her down. I've tried everything, even biting back (which I absolutly hated doing), and she laughed at me!!!

Last night, she was playing in her room, nice and quiet. I was in the kitchen. Somehow she got past me and into our bedroom, and climbed onto the computer desk, and fell off. She broke the shelf the keyboard is on, and the keyboard (just the tabs in the back), but she is okay.

I have gone back to using the gate alot more again. She tries climbing on it too, and almost made it over today. I thought I was using it too much for awhile, so I put it away. It is definatly out again!

What am I going to do with her!!!???

Well, now that I've vented, I feel better.

Maybe the extra energy she has now will make me have to run around more and I can burn up some calories!!

Talk to you later,

Kim
Old 10-12-2001, 08:41 AM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

LOLOLOLOLOL!! Hey, Ms. Sassy! Wasn't it you who was laughing at me for not realizing I should have started a new thread last time!?!? Neener, neener, neener!! LOL! Just kidding, sweetie!

You're right. I probably should start a new Small Successes thread. However... I'M GOING AWAY ON VACATION!!!! Oh, have I mentioned that before? Since I'm leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas (Hooray!!!) I won't be posting for a while. Maybe either someone else could start it or I could do it when I get back.

Well, girls. My mini-goal of not having a gain crashed and burned. I weighed in last night because I won't have time Sat. morning. I had a 2.4 lb gain!!! I'm hoping it's partially because I weighed at night instead of first thing in the morning and also because it's just a different scale. Maybe????? Well, anyway, I won't let it deter me! I think I'm going to try to do my best in Vegas with lots of water and walking but also enjoy some good food. We'll see what happens.

Last night, we went to an open house at the local fire company. A friend of ours is the fire chief there. It was mostly for the kids about fire prevention, stop-drop-and-roll and what to do in a fire, etc. Then they wanted to show how to use fire extinguishers and needed a volunteer from the audience. I knew I should have snuck out before then! But no, there was Jo spraying foam all over a big old fire. I got the power! They have this little fake house with old furniture in it and they set it on fire and show how firemen have to go in and put it out, etc. Me, I just got to put out a little contained one. Boy, I'll tell you. I wouldn't have wanted to be in that house fire with all that black smoke, etc. Gives me all sorts of respect for fire-fighters!

Well, I think I've rambled enough. I have to spend part of my day locking files on my computer and stashing stuff into desk drawers that I can lock, etc. I'm not paranoid but I do lots of stuff for the company president and other proprietary stuff. Also, there's a girl here who thinks she's such a computer whiz and she's screwed up more machines in this company than I'd care to think about. I refuse to let her anywhere near mine while I'm here. But it's tough when I'm not around. So everything except something someone may actually really need gets locked and partitioned and hidden. Ah, the benefits of dating the company computer guy!

Hope you all have a great week next week. I'm hoping to check in from home on Friday but that doesn't always happen. Of course, if I become a millionaire next week, maybe I'll be posting from my new mansion in Hawaii.

Yeah. Right.

Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:22 PM   #7  
Mother Hen

Default GOOD MORNING

CJ. I DID go out to lunch with my friends last week! The day turned out to be sunny and warm so I had no excuse for not going. We went to Applebee's and had so much fun I'm surprised the management didn't throw us out for laughing so loud! We've made plans to go to OKC next month and spend the day shopping. They've told me to be sure to wear comfortable shoes because they plan on making me do a LOT of walking!

My first husband's sister asked me if I would teach her how to embroider. She's been coming over once a week on her day off from work. We sit here and sew and gossip and laugh and both of us really look forward to the next time she will be here. I thought at first that she was pulling my leg when she said she didn't know how to embroider, but she really didn't have the faintest idea where to start! We're going to enroll in a quilting class when the next session starts (probably in Jan.). I think I'll really enjoy that.

I have started cleaning out closets this morning. I have all Cal's clothes folded on my bed. I will have to put them in bags or boxes before I can go to sleep tonight........ Maybe I'll just sleep on the couch.................

I finally stepped on the scale a few days ago. 260 !!!!!!! This morning I weighed again and I've lost 2 lbs. this week. 258!!!! I'm going in the right direction again. I sure hope I can keep it going that way!

It has taken me all morning to get this much typed. My phone hasn't stopped ringing! It's a curse, being so popular! LOL

There is so much I need to do around the house but I just can't seem to get myself started! Housework has never been one of my favorite things. With just me here now I only have a dishwasher load maybe twice a week. I do one load of laundry a week whether I want to or not. I need to dust, vacuum and mop, but why? No-one's here but me and my critters and they don't care if the house is a mess!

Love you all! Have a good weekend.

Hugs, Judy
Old 10-12-2001, 07:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default testing...

Hi friends,

Just a quick test to see if I can post. Had some probs today with the computer, and just got done doing the system recovery disks, and trying to get to my e-mail. If I really knew what I was doing, it probably would help alot more

Going to go. Got a messy house to clean, and don't want to spend the weekend doing it.

Love,

Kim
Old 10-14-2001, 01:07 AM   #9  
MK

Hi everyone. It is me again. The tournament is finally OVER. After 11 weekends that is enought. I sorta feel lost now. I don;t have to be at work at 6am Sunday (today it is 1 am now). I will work at 4:30 pm instead. Next year we are supposed to have tournaments from April until Oct. This will be every weekend. For those of you who don't know, I work at a bowling center. I don't know if I can make ;it through it all. People just don't understand what it is like. We work, myself and another lady, 10 hours a day. We get no breaks. 99% of the time we don't eat all day. I do get to go to the restroom once or twice. The snack bar is the only place that stays busy the whole time. By the end of the tournament we are so craby dealing with the people. Most of the people are realy nice, but it takes all kinds I guess. It is over for the next few months anyway.

Judy: Sorry to hear about Cal. Your quilting class seems like it would be fun. Will you be making your own or working on one quilt with every one esle?

Jo: Hope your trip to Vegas goes well.

KIM: Your Hannah is a typical I think you said 2 year old. They sure keep you jumping. It sounds like you are doing a great job teaching her. Great job on telling your friend you didn't want any company. Did she understand?

Well, I think I had the longest B-day in history. Since last weekend was the last of the tournament, the lady I work with decided that we would celebrate her bday and mine on Sat. the 6th. Hers was on the 4 and mine would be coming up on the 10th. There was a big deal which I won't get into. We ended ;up with 2 bday cakes. lots of presents. I am not complaing, but one cake would have been enough for the both of us to share. Anyway, it took us all day to open the presents because we were working. We didn't get to the cakes until after we finished work on Sunday. Then my husband who NEVER buys me a cake because no one else likes story bought cakes, gets me one. He picked it up on Tuesday. He didn't just get alittle on, he got a 1/4 of a sheet cake. I finally had my bday on Wed. I was so happy to get it over with. I don't need a birthday for the next 5 years. LOL

Well, this is saying something about message length so I guess I better go will be back soon. Mary Kay
Old 10-14-2001, 10:30 AM   #10  
Mother Hen

Default GOOD MORNING

I went to the movies last night with my friend from across the street. (Her husband died about a year ago.) We saw "Corky Romano", funnnnny, filled up on popcorn and soda and had a real good time! We plan on doing it again real soon.

Just finished embroidering a set of "days of the week" tea towels for my sister's Christmas present. She loves things like that. Today I think I'll make a hot pad to go with the set and make a pillow out of a latch-hook piece that my grandaughter did a few months ago. See how exciting my life is! Anything to keep from doing housework! HaHa

Mary Kay, I think I will be making my own quilt. At least I hope so. I'm going to start looking at patterns and materials and kind of plan ahead for when the classes start. I want to be prepared!

Kim, I understand what you mean about your Hannah being a handfull! My grandaughter Kaitlyn is ten months old already, and walking, no, RUNNING everywhere. She is a climber too, can't leave her in a crib or playpen, she climbs up and falls out! She sure keeps her mom and dad and Allura busy trying to keep up with her. The latest thing she has learned is how to take off her diaper and run around naked. She's a wild child!

OH, and for a small success.....I started my food journal in the DietWatch program again! I don't know why I stopped using that program, it is so much easier for me when I keep eveything I consume right before my eyes! Sometimes a shock too!

Jo, hope you're having tons of fun now that you finally got to go on vacation. Win lots of money, enjoy yourself, but hurry home 'cause we miss you!

Everybody seems to be doing so well on their weight loss. I'm starting over again, one more time! Sure hope I can stay with it this time!

Gotta go. My son is on Instant Messenger wanting to talk.

Hugs, Judy
Old 10-14-2001, 01:51 PM   #11  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Bringing Mavis's post from #63 ....

Saw Cherrycoke's (Mavis) post on #63 so thought I would bring it over to the present thread. I'll be back later to post myself...

Love, CJ

Cherrycoke's post from #63:

Well here I am, and thank you to all for the welcome. I feel I know you all already as I have been loitering on the outside for so long.
About me, I am 54 married with one daughter (tried it once didn't like it) and have battled with my weight forever!!! This time I have been dieting since 30 April and have lost approx 42pounds. I weigh in at my doctors once a month. I was taking Xenical but at my last doctors visit we decided that as I am eating a very low fat diet I don't really need to take it anymore and as the doc has me popping so many pills for various things I was glad to agree. I weighed myself yeaterday morning and I had lost another pound so I can do it without the tabs.

"Onwards & Downwards"
Old 10-14-2001, 03:17 PM   #12  
CH

Thumbs down

Happy Sunday Everyone, the sun is out, the sun is out!!! It has been raining here for 3 days. I was about ready to start building an ark! But I am better today because the sun is out.

Judy, glad to see you posting. It sounds like you are doing some new things, that's great. I always promised myself when I retired I would learn to quilt. And if I ever really retire I will. I have some beautiful ones my grandmother did for me and I have collected books to learn how to quilt but time seems to be a problem. Good luck to you, let me know which you are going to start on.

Jo I hope you are having a ball. Knowing you- it's probably a sure thing. That town won't know what hit it. E-mail me from your mansion in Hawaii.

Kim- Sounds like your daughter is going to make sure you get some exercise. Two and three year olds are very good at that. Someday you will laugh at all these things Hannah has done. (It's great memories to tell future boy-friends. I love telling on my Sarah.)

I am back on track with WW this week. The beginning of the week wasn't great but this week-end has been easier on me.

Everyone have a great week and I will check in later.
Carolyn
Old 10-15-2001, 12:49 AM   #13  

Default Hello, hello, hello

Hello everyone

First up – Judy it is so nice to hear (well read) you sounding like your old self. I cannot imagine what have been through, but you have obviously come through with your spirit intact and brightening everyday. I also cannot believe Kaitlyn is ten months now! Wow!

Jello – a couple of pounds, whatever. Your progress this last year has been really inspiring, don’t let this bother you, next week weigh-in will be much better I’m sure

Kim - my gosh girl, all that running around after your little one must be exhausting!

Okay well must be short and sweet – I’m back at work. 3rd week back, I’m working 4 days a week. My bf is at home with Charlotte at the moment, but he goes back to work next week and then she goes 2 days to his Mum, 2 days to a friend and Wednesday with me. I’m missing her a lot, but I like working. Sue me What I don’t like is expressing 3 times a day – urgh! But I’m very pro-breastfeeding, so I’ll keep it up (plus I think it’s finally starting to help with the weight loss, yay).

I’m walking to and from the carpark each day – almost 15 minutes each way. On Wednesdays we walk for about 30-40 minutes and on the weekend I deliver leaflets so that is about 2.5 hours walking, which I split into 2 days.

So the weight should be falling off, but I eat like 3000 calories a day or something. I’m such a pig!! LOL. Anyways, it is slowly going down, but more importantly, I’m not all flab – you can see a little it of muscle there, just a little.

Charlotte is 6 months today, can you believe it? At the moment we are planning a naming day for next month. Any ideas? I’d love to hear them!
Sam
176 (9 months pg)/148/132
Old 10-15-2001, 04:31 PM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone! I arrived back from the Middle East on Friday evening and it feels wonderful to be home. I haven't quite caught up on everyone's news, but it looks like you were all very busy - I missed one whole thread. I will catch up tonight and then know what is happening with everyone.

I weighed in this morning and lost 3.75 pounds while I was away. I think I lost more than that in Qatar (I was starving cause I couldn't find anything that I wanted to eat), but made up for it in London. Thank goodness I packed some meal on the go bars. Even hubby was in to those. He worked from 7am til 3:00 pm without breaks, so was glad to have something to snack on.

We celebrated our 31st anniversary in London last week by seeing Cats and eating at Planet Hollywood, of course. I had a great time site seeing in London, while he was working. So much to see and do, and not enough time to do it in. I haven't been to London (other than to fly through Heathrow) since high school, so it was good to see things again.

I will write more when I get a moment. Hi to everyone and welcome to all the new people. Take care.
Old 10-15-2001, 11:27 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Congratulations to all the losers!!! Keep it up ladies!!! Welcome to all the newbies, you will love it here!!!!

Nice to see you posting again Judy!!! I'm sorry to ear about your daughter ... I agree with everyone ... it was her decision and iti's something she is going to have to live with.

It's been a while since my last post...and what a month it has been!!! My mother in law had a large stroke/brain hemmorrage on October 1st and is paralysed on the left side. My husband is an only child so I have become the "daughter" she never had and is expected to attend to her. I'm beyond stressed out and am having anxiety attacks again. I even forgot my 2nd wedding anniversary the other day, women never forget anniversaries!!! My wonderful husband had 14 long stem red roses and 8 red balloons delivered to me at work that day so that brightened my day. I'll stop ranting, it's depressing me just to think of all of it. One day at a time!!!

Well ladies, I will try to post soon ( I won't promise anything)
A big hello to all of you ... sorry for not addressing each of you individually.

Lots of love-

Sylvia
Closed Thread