Old 03-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #1  
Mom of 3 little boys

Height: 5'6"

Default Another Newbie

Hello all,

I'm procrastinating on my homework and while surfing I found this site! It's great because I joined LAWL Tuesday last week and I could really use some support. LOTS of support.

I kept seeing the commercials and pretty much made up my mind to join even before I visited the center to find out about the program. When I started Tuesday all I knew was that I was on an Atkins-type diet for the first two days and I hoped that the entire program wasn't going to be like that. Now I'm on some sort of plan, but they didn't mention that there are different colored plans. I'm supposed to eat 2 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 2 starches, 1 dairy, 1 fat, and 2 LA Lites. Can anyone tell me what color I'm on?

I had 3 baby boys in 3 1/2 years - the youngest is 2 now. Prior to getting pregnant with my first I weighed around 140, which is a good weight for me. I gained around 45 pounds with him and lost about 30 after having him. Then I got pregnant with #2 and gained around 40 pounds. I lost all of that fairly quickly after giving birth, mainly because my husband was deployed and, with a 2 year old and a newborn, who had time to eat? (I did not, however, lost the 15 pounds from #1.) I topped out at 204 with my third pregnancy and only managed to get down to around 160.

I started law school last fall and now I have a really good excuse for not exercising or eating right. My weight has been creeping up since August, and last week I decided enough was enough, so I went to LAWL.

My main problem right now is that I haven't told my husband about it! Three reasons: I want to surprise him by getting back to cute, I don't want to hear "What diet is it THIS time?", and mainly, "You spent HOW much???" Hopefully he won't look at the bank account online until next month!

I haven't been in for the 3rd appointment yet because I had to reschedule due to Little Leage opening day (ugh) so I haven't gotten the big LA Lite sales pitch. I think I'm going to buy them, though, because the ones I've eaten from the sample pack made me very happy. They're yummy!

I'm a big reward-driven person. I reward myself for getting all three to take a nap at the same time. I reward myself for not losing patience while they're on their way to naps. I reward myself for studying. I reward myself for just about anything! Usually that reward consists of a donut or a Twinkie or other such junk. I know that I have to change my reward system, and I think I started today. After I got done crying about the grades I got on my last papers, instead of looking for junk food I treated myself to a sparkling flavored water instead of regular water. (Okay, so I signed up here so that I could get people to pat me on the back for that.)

Wow, if I put as much energy into my assignment as I put into this post I probably wouldn't cry the next time I got my grade!

Well, thanks to everyone who managed to get to the end of my post. I'll be shorter next time.

Congratulations to all you folks who have lost so much weight!
ChristineS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #2  
Princess Heather

Christine!
Welcome! You will find some great support and lots of advice here! Join us on the monthly thread and jump right on in!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:03 PM   #3  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hi Christine:

You came to the right place. Everybody are super nice and very supportive. I believe that you are on the purple because is very similar to mines. Well, I hope to see you around and good luck in your assignment and in the plan.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hi Christine, thats my name too and I have three boys as well, with the littlest to be 3 in September. LAWL is great, you can do it!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #5  
Mom of 3 little boys

Wow, thanks for the replies. I think I am on the purple plan because there's a lot of purple on all my stuff.

Deetsmom, I think you and I are the same person. My baby will be 3 in November. I can only hope to be past my goal like you are! Great job!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #6  
banned

I started just a few pounds less than you - funny, I didnt see that the first time! It will happen before you know it
Old 03-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #7  

Welcome Christine!!!

Wow-you have alot going on-busy girl!

Think of all the energy you'll have when you reach goal. It's not easy all of the time to be perfectly on plan, but when you do get dedicated to it, you feel soooo much better, both mentally and physically!

We're glad to have you - speak up any time!!

Hugs to all,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:20 AM   #8  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Christine--welcome and good luck--there are a lot of experienced gals around here so you've definitely come to the right place for support and answers. We'll pat your back or kick your butt--whichever you need at any given time! I am surprised you are on purple with lites (love them too!) since you started (and still are) lighter than me. I am on Gold with lites and everything is the same except gold is one less vegetable. You've got a lot to keep you busy--use it to your advantage!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #9  

Hi Christine! Welcome! Congratulations for doing something good for yourself! You deserve it! I have been on the plan (and this site) for about two weeks. You will love it - everyone is very helpful and supportive.
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Christine!!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:12 PM   #11  
banned

Im also confused by your plan color...when I started at your weight, I was on Gold with Lites.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #12  
PurpleSunshine

Christine - you will love all the chickies here - it is a great support system!!! Sounds like you are definitely headed in the right direction. I'm here as well trying to shed the rest of my baby weight as well!! I have one that turned 2 on March 10th!!! Come join us over on the friends thread
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #13  
Mom of 3 little boys

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be sure to ask my COD (center of doom?) what plan I'm on and why. I'd be happy to delete a fruit and add a vegetable, but I'm sure that would be unbalanced.

I got on my $8 bathroom scale, which I'm sure is horribly inaccurate, and it appeared that I have lost about 5 pounds. Happy days! That makes it all worth it!!

Christine
Old 03-21-2006, 06:53 AM   #14  

Welcome and congradulations on your weightloss !
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote