General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #1  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Default stupid child slapper

I need to vent guys. i was at the mall and saw this mom slap her little girl (about age 4 or 5) on the face 4 times!!! She had stuffed this kid in a way too small stroller and the girl's feet were on the ground. She was whimpering to get out and her mom kept slapping her. I called 911 and got mall security but they didn't do s&%*t! What kind of mother slaps on the face for something so minor? And in public? I'm so frustrated. The next time I see something like this happen I'm going to tell the lady it's really hard to smack a kid in the face with a broken hand! Thanks for listening, chickies!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

What's really worrisome is, if she's willing to slap her child out in public, what does she do behind closed doors?

I'm glad you called 911 and alerted mall security. It's a shame they couldn't have done anything. Do you know if they even showed up to talk to her?

I get so irate when I hear stories like this. That poor child.

((edit: Was just thinking... I'd imagine this thread could get edited out. The spanking vs non-spanking debate may be too much or inappropriate and way OT for 3FC.))
Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #3  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

My mom and I hung around the mall security guard for 30 minutes and gave her my number and name. The police called liek an hour and half later, when I was on my way home. (I was told it'd be best if I wasn't there when the real cops showed up). I work with special ed. kids and so does my mom. she once worked with a boy who was blind because his mom hit him so hard his retinas detached!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #4  
No description available.

Oh Lena, I don't think anyone could defend slapping a child repeatedly on the face, even the pro-spankers...I think you are fine.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:31 PM   #5  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy

That's awful! It almost makes you want to go jerk the woman up by the collar and ask her what the heck her problem is! I always think in hindsite what I should have done - sometimes we're so shocked we don't know what to do at the moment. You did the right thing, but I hate that they didn't do anything about it. I almost never spank my children (like maybe once a year) and if I ever do, it is on their bottom, and I don't even hit hard enough to hurt - it is so rare for them for me to do such a thing that the mere shock that I would actually do something like that is usaully enough. I couldn't even imagine hitting those tiny innocent faces. I feel so sad for that little girl!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #6  
goy

it surely is sickning isnt it....

this has nothing to do with the spanking or not spanking....

if you or the mall security saw one guy hit the other in the face 4 times..... you know the police would be in that faster than heck knows what, and some action should be taken, therefore with this sam situation this lady hit the defenceless child in the face 4 times, you did the right thing, and i surely hope the police did what they had to do.....
Old 03-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #7  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend and I were at the mall and saw a mother dragging her little son (about 3-5 years old) very forcefuly by the arm. I heard her say something about spanking him, but I wasn't too sure because I often just block out the noise and other people's conversations in places like a shopping centre. Later my boyfriend told me what that woman actually said to the kid: "If you tell daddy I bought something today, I'm going to give you a big spanking."

No comment...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:36 AM   #8  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Goy - excellent point! We protect other adults more than we protect children!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

Slapping children across the face is terrible! It is child abuse. That woman needs to get a better stroller for her 4-5 year old. This reminds me of the Madeline Togood case. Her name should be Madeline Toobad. The woman should be arrested for child abuse, too bad the security didn't do anything, by the time the
police get there it is susually too late, the offender has already gone. The Mom threatening to spank her child if he told the father what she bought is wrong, she does something wrong and tries to get her child to hush up about it. I'm glad I don't have kids, for one thing I am not married. I agree it can be hard to get 2-year olds to behave in public, you have to worry about their safety, like getting hit by a car.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #10  

This just makes me shake my head in disgust! It's so sad to see that people have no coping mechinisms with their children! I work with children with severe behavioural issues, and there is always a way to get through to them, other than resorting to physical violence. It also makes me so mad because there are so many people in this world that would love to have children and can't, and then there are people who have children and don't deserve them and hit them. Grrrrrrr... lol... that is my 2 sense.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #11  

I'm so sad for that poor child, I had to say a prayer.

Hopefully, if the b!tch does this type of crap in public maybe other people notice and one day she will get hers.

That's all I'm gonna say about that.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:16 AM   #12  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
The child dragging lady- she shouldn't have threatened the boy like that. Having said that, I HAVE probably dragged my child across parking lots before when I didn't have a buggy and he was trying to force me not to leave. Sometimes you just have too much in your hands to carry them. Inside a store I will pretend to walk away and he will quickly follow. I can't let go of him in a busy parking lot. He will literallyjust lie in the street if he doesn't want to leave. Sometimes my concern for safety outweighs my desire for other people to think I'm a perfect mommy. Two year olds can find a way to put you on the spot.
Oh, it was not the dragging that annoyed me. It was the "if you tell daddy I bought something today, you'll get a big spanking" part.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

I have to say I am generally a very laid back person, but I have issues with child abuse. I have to say I have more than once said something to a stranger I felt was crossing a line. I figure if they actually hit me I can press the charges that the child can't and when the story would come out as to why this stranger hit me.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #14  

Hearing these stories makes me feel so sad. If people are going to treat their children this way, why in the world do they bother having them? It just breaks my heart that these poor kids aren't able to defend themselves and just live with this abuse. Some people just should not have kids...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:57 PM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Penguin
"If you tell daddy I bought something today, I'm going to give you a big spanking."

No comment...

Wow, that's just BAD parenting. Threatening the child just to cover her lies, how does that teach the child? Even when I was 5 I knew what BS really was.
Closed Thread