Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #1  

Default ******* Fat Loss Patch--ever hear of it?

I just got an email from a friend saying she is selling these things. Has anyone ever heard of them? It's a scam, right?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #2  
it's always something

Generally speaking, weight loss patches are known as one of the biggest weight loss scams out there. They always contain the same types of products which are not necessarily proven to help weight loss, and probably aren't even absorbed through the skin anyway. The makers are not legally required to prove their claims for this type of product, so they can say anything they want about them. Personally, I'd save my money.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #3  

Thanks, Suzanne. You verified what I was thinking! This friend wanted my husband and me to go to a meeting to "get more information" about selling these things. Nothing said about how they WORK, just how much money everybody was making. I did a general search on the internet and couldn't find anything negative about them and was a little intrigued that they are called "Fat Loss" patches instead of "weight loss" patches. The company apparenty sells other herbal stuff too. I figured this forum was the place to find out whatever info might be out there! This lady that wrote me is fairly intelligent, so it surprised me that she would do this!

Last edited by MelissaHH; 03-13-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #4  
it's always something

Sometimes the lure of a "business opportunity" can cloud our thinking. The reps that recruited your friends are expert marketers that would have convinced them of the value of the product, which of course would have 'guaranteed' the sale of the product, or at least a downline.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Heard of it, tried it - UGH! It didn't do a thing but make me itch! Waste of money, waste of time, waste of soap and water trying to get the sticky stuff off!

If you decide to try this product, don't expect much.

Sorry.
Liz
Closed Thread