Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #1  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Default Ab Lounger

Ok i bought this thing and worked with it yesterday for the first time. Man i can feel muscles in my stomach i didnt know i even had. Has anyone else tried this thing before and seen results and how long before you did? I use my treadmill ALOT and i adore it and i also have an elliptical and mini trampoline but with all of these i feel my legs doing all the work and though i have lost 30lbs now i have been at 4 inches lost around my waist for a long time and it isnt budging. So i am hoping this will allow my legs a little rest and focus on my tummy!
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Default Just watched an infomercial on that...

My sister has an ab lounger and loves it. I just saw an infomercial with Christopher Knight (Peter Brady) and it really does look cool. I need to work on my abs bigtime. I, like you have been focusing mainly on upper body and lower body and all but ignoring my abs. I do crunches on my stability ball, but I have a decent layer of fat over my abs. I also have a 12 centimeter fibriod which I am having removed in May. I will be unable to do any strength training for 6 weeks post surgery. I can still walk and even use my elliptical after 2 weeks, but that's basically it. No recumbent bike and no weights for 6 long weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do. Anyway...I'll deal.

Keep us posted on your newest piece of fitness equipment. Anxious to hear more about your progress. And congrats on your weight and inches lost.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I love my Ab Lounger! I've had it for about 18 months but only started using it in earnest at the beginning of February. By "in earnest", I mean using it 3x a week. I do 3 sets of 20, but am thinking about bumping that up a bit.

So, it's only been 6 weeks or so, probably not enough to see any noticeable results, but I can definitely feel it working. I can see a little definition, a little ripple especially if I hold my stomach in, but the real abs are still hidden under other gunk.

I've done crunches on the mat, on the bench, on the ball and on a weight machine and I can honestly say, using the Ab Lounger is the only time I really "felt" my abs contracting and releasing. I'm not using my arms, my neck, my shoulders... just abs. It doesn't hurt my back or butt, either, both of which were always very uncomfortable when doing abwork on the floor or bench.

As soon as some of the gunk that's currently covering my abs has melted away, I think I'll be pleasantly surprised! At least, I hope so!

Have fun with yours!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #4  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

thanks! I agree that i can really feel it in my tummy but also still have alot on top of it too. I am hoping this will help burn some of it away, cuz if i want hubby to notice all the wieght i lost when he gets home in may then i need tummy gone too..lol
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote