South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday - time to play!!!

Helllllooooo Out There???!!!!!

Still experiencing some computer problems but thought I'd jump on quick and hope my post doesn't vanish before I hit the post button.

It's day one of TOM today and that's always a rough one. Going to do my workout and pick a bigger pair of pants out from my variety of sizes in the closet. I think I must be retaining enough water to start a new man made lake in my back yard.

Was able to do a qucik scan of yesterday's posts - Weezle - our thoughts are with you and glad you are safe and well. Everyone else....Top of The Morning To Ya!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:24 AM   #2  

Good morning Freaky!

I didn't get back yesterday to see what everyone was up to- no time! I did get home and take advantage of the fact that DH was here and went walking. It felt great!

Day one for baby DD was great- it is an older couple that is caring for her. The woman has 30 years of daycare experience and her husband is retired and is an extra set of hands for her. Very loving environment- I think it is going to be great!

Eating was perfect until about 8:30 last night. Grr... why is that such a hard habit for me to break????

Have a super day.... more later!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #3  

Weezle Just scanned yesterday's posts. I didn't even see the news yesterday, so had no idea what had happened. Thoughts and prayers headed your way......

Stephie You are too adorable! I agree with RN- you are tee-iny!!!!

Gotta hit the shower!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #4  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning Freaky and Kiko!
I just finished 2 workouts. nonot crazy I just need to get my weighloss jump started again. I was doing well last week but I think with being sick and not exercissing is doing me in. I am trying to get back into the routine.
So this is my goal this week- Not to weigh myself until next Monday. The scale is my worst enemy. I thought it was keeping me motivated but so sick of seeing the same 3-4 lbs up and down. So I know where I am at today will not weigh in again till next week. Keep my fingers crossed!
Wezzle- still in my prayers.
BB- praying for you and your family.
FC- praying for all of us that we can beat the battle of the bulge.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #5  

Mornin' all. Not much going on in my world today. Just off to work and then home to do chores and watch American Idol. Hopefully work won't be too hectic today. I've had to stay late 3 days in the past week because we're behind on a project....and it's not even my fault we're behind! Oh well, them's the breaks.

Freaky - Thanks for the . That gives me an idea of what to do when I retain that much water!

Kiko - Glad the daycare thing is working out so well. My sister kept my nephew in a home daycare setting and she just loved it.

Mama - Wow! 2 workouts? Can I count one of yours as my workout for the day!?!?

Taking leftover steak, grilled veggies & spinach casserole with me for lunch today. Yum! Gotta scoot. Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies. I am on day 4 of phase 1, and doing well. So far, no slip ups. I haven't really been craving much at all, but last time I did phase 1 I didn't crave until the end of week 2, then I screwed up bad! Hope you all have a lovely day!

Weezle- "INI" - I have heard some crazy stories about what is going on in Springfield myself. My husband actually is a member of the army guard there.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #7  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Where'd spring go?

Well, it's suddenly winter again. We spent the last couple of days in the upper 60s lower 70s and now it's 31. Had to dig out the winter coat again.

I'm on day 13 of phase 1. I thought I'd be thrilled to be this close to the end, but I'm not. This is the HARDEST time for me. Every time I think about cheating I hear that little voice saying "no big deal if you have that bowl of cereal. It's only 2 days early." GRRRRRR So I'm probably just gonna be cranky the next 2 days.

It doesn't help matters that the birth control the doc put me on is making me feel yucky. I feel like I'm gonna be sick all the time. Of course, I'm told it's normal. But still it's no fun. So I'm really hungry, but I don't want to eat anything. It's like I'm pregnant all over again.

Well, I'm just a big bowl of cheer today aren't I? Hope you guys are doing better!

Toodles for now.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Weezle ~ What a relief to hear from you! Thank God you're all OK! My prayers are with you and the people of Springfield.

Kiko ~ I'm happy to hear things went well at the new daycare yesterday, too. It's wonderful that you were able to find a loving home environment for your little one.

Yesterday's birthday party went well, the weather held so the kids could play outside, but they still tracked mud all over Cindy's rugs. That can be cleaned, though, and the important thing is that they all had fun. I stayed on plan, I just nibbled on a slice of pizza, and passed on the cake. I'm just so afraid of regaining these 3 lbs I've just lost, and that's where I got my will-power. After I got home it was too late for supper, so I just had a SB Peanut Butter Cup and a cup of tea, and that satisfied me.
Today we have a play date for after school, so that will make the afternoon go fast. I'm pondering now on what to make for supper, my mind doesn't want to go there yet!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Freaky, I have a river in my yard! All the melted snow in the meadow and up the cliff runs through my property on its way to the culvert and the creek! It even has a current. Luckily it lasts for just a day or so and then it's muddy paw time.

Kiko, I'm so glad your day care arrangements worked out well. I totally understand the 8:30 PM problem except mine happens around 5 PM.

Mamahulk, good for you on the workouts. I'm sure being sick is what screwed up your weightloss. You are right - not losing pales in comparison to the problems others are dealing with.

Jana, I love your spring avatar! I have snowdrops in bloom and crocuses (croci?) just showing first leaves. I NEED Spring!

Hi Amelie. Hang in there and beware the ides of Phase I!

I sort of just hung out with The Girls yesterday - even skipped my painting class. They came home from the kennel soaked to the skin as they spent most of their time outside in the rain - part of their cultural heritage as Portuguese Water Dogs! I lit the woodstove and they slept the rest of the day. The whole back of the house smelled of wet dog!

Candice comes to clean in about an hour so I need to do the tidying. I'll pop back later.

Whoops! Hoosier and Cottage are here too. Hang in there, Hoosier! The side effects of the BC pill will pass. Cottage, I'm glad the weather was good for the party. We had constant rain up here all day!

Gotta jet!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Good morning girls.

Weezle - I watched the news last night. Couldn't believe the number of tornados that hit us between OK and IN. I think they said 113!!! It's crazy. They showed lots of pics on CNN of Kansas, Missouri and Illinois. It sounded like Missouri got hit the worse - hard to imagine it's worse than what you and I can see!!!
Freaky and Mamhulk - great job on the early morning workouts!
Kiko - I'm so happy the sitter went good for you! I'm sure that is a huge relief for you!
Jana - Lunch sounds great!! What time should I join you??
Amelie -
Hoosiermom - I'm right there with you with this crappy weather. I wish it would just hurry up and be spring. I can't handle much more of the back and forth!

I had a great OP day yesterday and even got my walk in after work. I have to work late tonight - attending an EEO Rep training - so I will be rushed after work to try and get my walk in before the dinner/DD bath/chores grind. Since going on Phase II, I'm losing about 1 lb a week - which is less than I had hoped for - so I'm having to remind myself today that 1lb down is better than 3 lb up!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #11  

Gooooood Mooooorning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm enjoying my 3rd cupppa cawfee out on the deck this morn..watching the cardinals and woodpeckers come to the feeder.. I love the quiet in the morn .....

Weezie:
Aw darlin' My heart goes out to you and the town of Springfield .. Please keep us posted. I'm just happy you and your loved ones are safe. Just Devastating.

BB: Keeping you in my thoughts darlin'

Freaky
: Heh heh, I signed on at about 4:30 and didn't see today's thread yet.. so I waited fer ya ta start it up!!! Hope you have a good day !

Kiko:
How FAB to find good daycare fer yer wee one! Some of my fondest memories growing up involve "mommom and poppop" who babysat us, and after school care till I was 12.

Stephie: That is just an ADOOOORABULLL Avatar!

Mamahulk: WOW U GO GIRL extra exercise should help kick start ya again!

Jana: Your Crocus pic is GOHJIS!!!! Mine are just starting to come up.. I think they are crocus.. Apparently the people who use to live here planted stuff.. some of it in "odd" areas.. There were tulips coming up in the middle of the lawn.. DH was gonna rotatill them over to plant grass seed...Noooooo! I quickly transplanted them.. Now there's bulb plants coming up under the Butterfly bush..so it's gonna be a surprise as to what they are!

Hoosier: HANG IN THAR BABALOOUIE!!! Your almost there!!

Amelie: Good JOB!!!

Cottage: Good job on resisting that cake!!!

Ruth: I'm glad to hear you had a "down" day and just enjoyed yer nest and sweet dogs!

I'm off to Curves this morn... Thunderstorms are in the forecast today..so I will be doing some in door things today...Note: Fat chicks do not look good in spandex.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #12  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning everyone!

Freaky - I hear ya on the water retention, lol.

Kiko - I'm so glad to hear your daughter's first day was a good one, I'm sure that's a big relief for you.

Mama - Congrats on the 2 workouts! Yesterday I went for my walk and then I did my Bar Method Body dvd, I was pooped!

Weezle - Take care!

Hoosier - Glad the kids had fun at the party.

To everyone else, have a great OP day!

As for me, I'm still plugging along. I was too hungry at dinner last night so I didn't eat the best. I should've known better than to let myself get that hungry.

Tonight we have lacrosse practice so it will be a mad rush to get homework done beforehand. We don't eat dinner until after practice, my kids don't like running on full stomachs.

I'm planning on getting my walk in this afternoon, it's rainy right now but it's supposed to blow out of here bringing cold weather with it.

Tyra
Old 03-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #13  
Bird Nerd

Good morning everyone!
Yesterday there was a discussion about if 100% Whole Grain What Thins were OP. I am not sure but I have the ingrediants here if someone wants to take a look and fill us in.

Whole grain wheat flour, soybean oil, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, salt, high fructose corn syrup, barley malt syrup, monoglycerides, leavening, soy lecithin, artificial color.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #14  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlifebio
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday there was a discussion about if 100% Whole Grain What Thins were OP. I am not sure but I have the ingrediants here if someone wants to take a look and fill us in.

Whole grain wheat flour, soybean oil, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, salt, high fructose corn syrup, barley malt syrup???, monoglycerides, leavening, soy lecithin, artificial color.

I'm pretty sure these ingredients take away the OP-ness...
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Good day and winter is back here also.

I am irritated with this weather, although its better then tornados, right, so I won't complain to much .
I don't know how you ladies remember everyones names, there are so many , and I can barely keep track of my own names somedays .
The posts seem like everyone is having a good day so far and I am to but haven't eaten anything yet, so we'll see. Heading off for a breif hotel/indoor water park visit with my mom and my kids. Should be crazy loud, but hopefully fun. My challenge will be to eat well over next two days with my mother there, and limited healthy food choices that are OP, and my TOM started yesterday .
Good luck and good eating, see you a couple of days.
Yours in beaching,
Closed Thread