Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Goal 130

Default Cellulite - YUK!

Does anyone have any tips on cellulite. I walk, do squats, & leg lifts (kicks) still no help. It is so gross!
cindy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #2  
with my mind on my monkey

Default Cellulite is the Devil!

If you find out, let me know! I'm sure you've already heard it's a genetic thing, which I'm inclined to believe. At my lowest weight (130 @ 5'7") I still had cellulite on my thighs. Now I'm at a comfortable 140, but my body is disproportionate. My top half looks emaciated (yucky description, I know) and my bottom half looks shapely and muscular, but still the cellulite on the thighs! In clothes I look fantastic, but I don't know that I'll ever be fully comfortable in a bathing suit - but who is?

I eat a balanced diet and avoid added sugars. I exercise regularly and lift weights. It seems I'm doing all the right things - but the cellulite hasn't gotten the memo! I wonder if increasing my water intake and decreasing caffeine (coffee & Diet Coke) might help - but I'm a junkie!!

Ideas anyone?
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
it's always something

MrsJim write a great post on cellulite a while back, and you will probably find it helpful

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...11&postcount=2
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #4  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryMonkey
If you find out, let me know! I'm sure you've already heard it's a genetic thing, which I'm inclined to believe. At my lowest weight (130 @ 5'7") I still had cellulite on my thighs.
I had cellulite when I was 16 years old and weighed 116 pounds. I also believe it's genetic.

They discussed cellulite on one of the nighttime news shows, I think it was 20/20, and they showed photos of a lot of famous thin celebrities that had cellulite and it was eye-opening! It may sound silly, but I've been much less self conscious about it since then.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Goal 130

Are you my twin Hungry Monkey? I am 5'9 and at my lowest weight of 120 I still had it also. Top half looks great, bottom is cottage cheese gross out! I have been doing everything thing just like you, and it does not disappear. My mom or sister neither one have cellulite and they are over weight, so I don't know where this stuff comes from. Thank goodness, neither one of my daughters have it. I hate it, its been there every since I was 13.

Wished I would have seen the 20/20 special, it might make me feel better.

We fish alot in the summer, at the lake all the time - I look good in a bathing suit as long as I am sitting down, but Lord when I stand up!

I am going to check out what Mrs. Jim says, she is pretty buff!

Thanks All!
cindy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/146/150

I come from a long line of cellulite-prone women and have had it since I was a teenager (and NOT overweight!). That is until Fat Flush. I am now happy to state that my cellulite has disappeared (insert happy dance here ).

Cellulite (if you read MrsJim's post) is
Quote:
...a non-medical term to describe when superficial fatty deposits collect and are pressed up against or are constricted by the bands of connective tissue which run from the muscle to the undermost area of the skin. Cellulite can be made worse by the superficial layer of fat being pushed tightly up against the skin by the deeper fat layer when you gain weight or a formation of more tightly crossed connective tissue bands or scar tissue formation after liposuction. However, excess deep layer fat need not be an issue for cellulite to appear. Many skinny people have it as well.
The following helped me win the cellulite battle:
1) eating the Fat Flush way which includes lots of water (nothing contributes more to cellulite than a sluggish lymphatic system!) and eliminating most dairy,
2) unsweetened cranberry juice (8oz mixed with 56 oz water - daily) helps strengthen connective tissue so that there's less 'pooching' while at the same time helps reduce cellular bloating so that the fat cells aren't so....fat.
3) dry skin brushing. Cells can be overloaded with toxins - and it's your lymphatic system as the body's garbage collector which is supposed to pick up and transport these toxins to the organs which process and expell them. Since the lymphatic system has no central pump (the respiratory system has the lungs and the cardio system has the heart), it relies on YOU moving. Dry skin brushing helps move the lymphatic system while at the same time stimulating the skin (and turning it silky smooth!) which keeps it shrinking along with the rest of you.
4) Rebounding. A great low-impact cardio workout (what's not to like about jumping on a mini-trampoline? ) which also stimulates the lymph system.
5) Pilates. A wonderful toning exercise that builds long lean muscles. I do a daily pilates mat routine.

RESULT: No more cellulite
csoar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote