South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #1  

Default Finally Fridaaaaaayyyyy!

Friday's finally here! Can't believe that I'm on before Freaky. Freaky, are you sleeping in this morning?

Not much going on in my world this weekend. No plans, except to just relax. At work, we're having a team lunch out today at Pizzeria Uno. It's been a while since I've been there, so I need to find their website and see if they have an online menu.

What's up with everyone else today/this weekend?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:53 AM   #2  

Talking http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78508

Where is everyone this morning? Well hopefully everyone is taking it easy, looking at yesterday posts it looks like everyone needed it.
I finally got to sleep last night. I wish my cold was better but I guess we can't have everything.
DH is off today and Sunday. I am so excited. HE is never off on a weekend. We are going to take the kids to the movies and visit our best friend about an hour away. DH is off next weekend too, what am I going to do?
WEll busy day at work today,w ould love to call in and go to doc't and get an antiobitc but my boss would straggle me for sure.
Time to get my day started. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Schatzi; 03-10-2006 at 07:09 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 03-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #3  

Morning Chickies!

We had two threads for friday..so I merged your post Mama with Jana's start up.. Now I gotta go fix some boo boos I did when I moved the post. Be back in a bit ladies!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning! I decided to stay up this morning after the boys went to school.
I don't work until Sunday afternoon now so I"m glad about that.
A really sweet lady from work had the gastric bypass surgery on MOnday or Tuesday. As of last night, she wasn't doing so well. Her blood pressure shoots up every time she moves. I am not sure how serious this is but it wasn't sounding good last night. This woman is my age (40). Pray for her if so inclined. I might get to see her this afternoon. Actuallly, go to the hospital w/2 girls that I work with. I don't know if we'll actually see her or not. I am worried about her recovery.
It is still grey and rainy here in INdy. I'm still dreaming about court rooms.

I did order a special jacket for my sons b-day. It will have our last name embroidered across the back. It is the school colors and lots of the kids have them. I know he will love it and he will be so surprised!! His b-day is Monday.

Jana: Good LUck at PIzzeria Uno! Sounds fun.
Mamahulk: I hope your cold gets better soon. Glad your hubby gets to be around.
Schatzi: Good Morning!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Today will be a busy one, come to think of it, am I ever not busy??? Anyway! My TOM weight is starting to melt off finally and I'm feeling better now. My bf gets here tomorrow, can't wait. We haven't been getting along very well lately so hopefully this will be a chance to reconnect and put all that stuff behind us....and a chance for him to make up his disastrous v-day fiasco to me.

For the last few days I've been having this horrible internet debate about animal testing. I don't like it or that is even exists but as a scientist I know that it is necessary. And I also know that it is NOT the way most people make it out to be. There are strict regulations and procedures done according to ethical standards that all labs must abide by, at least those receiving goverment funding. I even had to take a seminar on animal ethics before grad school...and my research does not even use animals. People take the worst of the worst and then use some sad emotional PR campaign to make the public think it is the norm when it most certainly is not. And "people like me" are not all cruel animal abusing monsters. That was a direct quote.....and I don't, and never said I do, even test on animals in the first place. Some people just won't open their eyes and they live in ignorance thinking people who do that type of work are horrible barbarians who live to make animals suffer. They don't realize that most of the conveninces and necessities they enjoy in their everyday lives are direct results of such work. They have no qualms about seeking the best medical care for their pets or providing them (or themselves) with the highest quality nutrition available all the while looking down their nose at the very people and methods that allow them to have such things available to them. It's hypocrisy in its worst form IMO. The fact that I own rats makes it worse for me knowing how special these little guys are but when my Wallace was wheezing and gasping for air as a 6 week old baby I was sure glad that the technology was there to help him out. Ignorance and emotions can really screw up someones perspectives on things! Sheesh! Sorry, I just had to vent. I'm not used to being made out to be a horrible person. It upsets me even if it is just from people on the internet I don't even know.

So, anyway, I hope you gals have a fabulous day!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girlies...

Thank the good lord WE made it, It is Friday, 6 hrs from now I can put this Dreadfull weak behind me,,,, Math this Morning, 34 and a college student,, Why do I pay for this stress......................... Take Care All,, and Good Friday~
Old 03-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks so much for your well wishes & prayers I really appreciate them.Sorry I haven't posted, but Wed & Thurs I was on the phone all day with family and friend trying to keep them updated on my Dear Hubbys condition.

The waiting period it the hardest. They started with the test last night and I will know the results today. This morning hes going for another test. I'm leaving for Boston Tomorrow morning as I could only find hotel resevations for the weekend and Monday.The hotel is right in the center of two hospitals [Childrens & Brigham&Womans.]Its for family & friends of Patients in the surrounding hospitals.

Depending of what the test reveal I'm planning to going back to that hotel on Wed-Mon of next week. I want to be with him on St.Patricks Day.

I will up date this post.

Hugs & thanks for your prayers

BB
Old 03-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

pearshape: HUGS.... Sorry about that.... We know you love and take care of animals!!! I hope you have a better day.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:24 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning Chickies!!!

I'm am sooooo glad it's Friday. I think we're going to have another fairly relaxing weekend again I'm hoping to get some more cleaning and organizing done around the house and do some cooking ahead of time again. That worked out really well this past week.

BeachBum - I'm thinking of you & DH

Hope all you chickies have a great Friday!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Man I have so been looking forward to this day! A whole weekend off and we're going camping! Trees get ready to be hugged!

So I had a personal post for everyone but wasn't logged on and now I'm running off for my first session with my trainer.

Have a great day and weekend ladies!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Smile

Good morning chickies. I'm so happy it's Friday. The weather is beautiful here, I snuck a peek on the scales and it's a beautiful day!

This weekend DH and I are going to the Drag Races. Everyone is bringing coolers of food and there will be no where to "cook" - I'm thinking about what to take - as I will be there for 2 meals! I know I'm going to take nuts, cheese, cold grilled chicken, veggies ..... Any other ideas?

I hope everyone has a good day. pearshape and beachbum and all other chickies. Have a great Friday!!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #12  

TGIF EveryBuddy!!!!

Jana: I'm sure you can find a nice chef salad Good luck and here's some dust to help ya

Mamahulk: Enjoy having Family time with DH home on the weekend! My DH has the strangest hours.. Fridays he goes in at 2 PM and get's in around 2 Am .. Then Saturdays he goes in for 9am..works till he is done.. Whatever time that is!

Debbie: What a great gift idea for DS! I do hope that poor dear stabilizes! Surgery of any kind has its risks --scary!

Pearsydew: I'm sure you and DBF will reconnect and find the qualities that initially attracted you to him again.. All relationships have their ups and downs
I'm sorry you went thru such a crappy debate about animal testing.. hopefully you were able to educate at least one person!

Crock:
here's to acing that Math exam!!

BB: oh doll! We're pulling for DH ..Please keep us informed on how it goes.. and come to us when you need a hug or support

KellyJ: WEST AND WEWAX! WONDERFUL IDEA FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!

Sarah: Give a tree a hug for me! ME and DH love to camp! We're looking forward to exploring our new home state NC this summer.. and will definitely be going camping

Ckb: that sounds like Fun and loud how about a nice 3 bean salad.. Very filling and delish.. and pearsy posted an awesome granola recipe that is a delish snack !!!!

I'm finishin up my Cawfee and then heading out to check out Curves... I really need to do SOMETHING!! I have fell off the exercise wagon and need some structure.. seems like the gals on 3fc love it.. so I'm gonna go check it out...

Later Taters!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #13  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Good Morning

Happy Friday everyone! A big hug to all of you who need one.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm just teetering on the edge of having lost 10 pounds. : I really want to go ahead and change my tracker, but I'm going to wait until it's more definite.

Today's the day! Happy anniversary to hubby and me! Five years ago today we said our vows. We're going to dinner and a movie tonight. Let's hope I can stay OP. It'd sure be nice to cross that 10 pound mark. Plus I'm almost done with phase one. I'd sure hate to blow it now.

Well, I've got to get to work. There's a pile of dishes in the kitchen that I've been avoiding.

Toodles!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:05 AM   #14  

Good morning....

Freaky?? It was awfully starnge to l;og on this morning and not see your start- up post. Hope all is well.

Beach I have no great words of wisdom as I have no idea how you must be feeling. Know that we are all thinking of you and praying for your DH.

Weez How did the interview go?????

Jana Pizzeria Uno?? Hopefully they will have some good salad for you.

Mama Enjoy your family time! I hear you on DH working weekends. Mine does as well- he did have last Sunday off as well as this one. Our youngest is being baptized on Sunday.

Sipping on coffee trying to wake up. I wound up totally stress eating last night and feel like crap this morning. I did fabulously with my eating all day and blew it once DD went to bed. Today is a new day. :flow:

I take DD for her 9 month appt this morning. OF course there will be shots, but other than those I love to go to these appts to see where they are and what they should be doing. I am so much more relaxed with my 2nd child- with my first I was constantly checking several different sources to see if I was doing everything "correctly" and to make sure she was hitting all of her developmental milestones. I wish I would have just stopped and enjoyed it all more.

Sounds like lots of fun plans for the weekend! Sarah This would be the perfect time to go camping in Texas. The weather has really been pretty nice this week and the nights are nice and cool. That is something DH and want to get into. Once you purchase the equipment it is such a fun, affordable activity. I love the fact that it is pure, quality time.

Alright- I didn't hit my behavior goal of exercising yesterday- so need to pop in an exercise tape.

Adios mi amigas!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #15  

Hoosier Happy Anniversary!

Schatzi My mom checked out Curves and said it was really fun. She is waiting to join, but thought it was a blast.

Okay- I am procrastinating......
Closed Thread