Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #1  
Gonna win the battle!!

S/C/G: 226/213/130

Default Heart rate @ curves ?

I have been doing curves for almost 2 weeks now. I have lost 2 pds. I really like it. But my question is about there heart rate chart. How important is it to stay in the green? I am usually in the blue sometimes the purple. I kept it in the blue last time but I felt like I wasn't working as hard as I could. I really want to get the most out of this. And I want to go more than 3 times a week, Is that ok? And should I go ahead and do it now or wait a few months? Sorry so many questions. Thanks everyone!
ladybugfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #2  
DIVA

That is awesome! I love Curves too!

Heart Rate: You want to stay within the 80-85% range for your age because that is when you are burning the most calories within that heart range and it is safe for you.
I have learned to push the machines harder that I push on the squares and you will notice that you are breathing fast and hard if you work those machine to your fullest potential.

You can workout more than 3x per week you just need to push it hard 3x and relax and do more cardio the other times.

Good Luck!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #3  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

Well, dont ask me about the heartrate because I am never there being I have tachycardia. So I wont be able to help ya there.
Otherwise....just like stated above....you can go more then 3 times, just remember 3 hard days the rest should be easy days.
Also the WORK ure hardest on the Equitment then REALX at the stations really works for me, to were I FEEL the workout.

Good luck!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #4  
Gonna win the battle!!

S/C/G: 226/213/130

Wink Thanks

Thanks ladys! I am so glad I joined curves!

Curves4life what part of mo are you from? I am near K.C.
I am also having a birthday soon, the 15th. But I will be turning 31.
It's nice to meet you. Oh and we are close to the same weight too. Besides curves what are you doing to help you lose the pds? It looks like you are doing well. Good luck!
ladybugfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 322/316/185

Height: 6' 1"

Cool Curves Gals In Mo!

I too live in Missouri, near-ish KC. I go to Curves at P. Hill.
One lady who works there was telling another lady that if you are finding your heart rate in a higher range than the GREEN all the time, you should take your resting heart rate. IT MAY BE the case, that you have a higher heart rate than the "average" person.

I go 4-6 times a week. I was going 6 times, but my schedule has changed where I have to Occasionally miss a day or two.

I LOVE IT!! The first Month, I lost 11 inches and 6 pounds!!
I haven't got weighed and measured yet this month. But I am EXCITED!!

WELCOME TO CURVES!! AND YOU GO GIRL!!!
liljoesmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #6  

I wear a heart rate monitor at curves and I tend to stay around 100-110 which is a bit lower then the chart recommends for me. I have a hard time keeping my heart rate high there. I work as hard as I can on the machines and run on the recovery pads.

Good luck at curves!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #7  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

gained another lb OH well....... lost .5% bodyfat! grrrrrrrrr

Iam on celecrex, and toprol......BOTH have weight gain AND waterGain listed GRRRRR......NO wonder....!!!!

Iam getting off the celebrex thats it ,,,, gonna trie harder and watch my Carbs a littleMORE !!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote