South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday's Therapy March 9th

Morning,

It's finally Friday!!! What's that??? It's only Thursday??? Say it ain't so.

This truly feels like a long week. I feel hungy and more tired then usual. I realize that TOM will be visiting in a few days but I don't normally notice this much of difference from that. I have had beeper all week and there have been quite a few annoying problems to deal with there so I suppose that adds to it. Today was the closest I cam in a while to saying - nope - not getting up - just gonna reset that alarm and go back to sleep. I think the only thing that saved me was that once again, it's not treadmill day on the schedule.

I did read quickly through the posts and am trying to tell myself that many of you have problems worse than mine right now and I should be greatful...but right now I am just tired and crabby.

Hugs to all that need one and sleep to all that need that. Me...I'll take some extra sleep and add a day or two to the weekend if ya can so I can get everything that I want to get into the weekend.

TTYL
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
Freaky, I feel a lot like you do this morning. It took a lot of willpower to get me out of bed, and I'm still dragging. It didn't help matters that I couldn't resist stepping on the scale and see that I keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs.! I'm doing everything right, drinking plenty of water and eating tons of veggies, but there's a culprit in there somewhere. I'm so fustrated right now, why isn't this weight coming off?!!!
Well, I'm hauling myself off to Curves, be back in a little while.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:35 AM   #3  

Freaky, sounds like you just need a break! Being on-call and getting paged repeatedly just sucks the life right out of you. (I'm on-call all the time, and I just dread those times when things go wrong - because when it rains, it pours.) Hopefully you'll get a chance to recharge the batteries this weekend.

I'm anxious to get the week over myself. I've been feeling pretty draggy and have been struggling to stick with my goals, so I'm trying to get to the weekend so that I can regroup. I need to get that post on motivation and tatoo it to my forearm!!!

Well, gotta get ready for work. Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:37 AM   #4  

Mornin' Cottage, we were posting at the same time. Have a good workout! Our Curves only opens at 6:00 on MWF, so I won't be going in this morning. Wish they opened early 5 days a week, because if I don't go before work I don't get in there!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I wish I could take you all with me because today is sort of my Friday.

I am taking the Girls to 4PawsInn around eight and then taking off. First on the itinerary is a haircut in Brockville, then a drive to Kingston, a check in at my hotel, a passport photo, some shopping, a cab to my sister's place and out to dinner. Tomorrow I take the train to Toronto to meet my friend Nora. We'll take in Canada Blooms, have dinner with another friend and just talk and talk. Saturday morning I go to Burlington to see another friend and then to Oakville for my kid brother's 60th birthday party. He has no clue that I'm coming! I'll stay there overnight, take the train back to Kingston and then drive home. The Girls won't get "sprung" from the kennel until Monday morning. I'm really looking forward to this mini-vacance just before I plunge into Spring gardening, sewing and accounting!

So be good Chickies while I'm gone and don't give Schatzi and Beachgal a hard time, OK?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #6  

Default GOod Morning

I think we are all on the same page. I am exhausted also. My boys slept better and I am hoping this cough is coming to the end. I could not sleep. They got up a few times but when they went back to bed I could not sleep. I cat napped. Hate those nights because the next day I will suffer, ugh. I am going back to work today and I have to drive 30 minutes 2 times and back. Not a good day to be sleep deprived. I exercised today. Not a great workout but I got moving again. I felt guilty becuase I usally exercise 6 days a week and this week it will be 4 or 5.
Cottage I hear ya baout the same 2 lbs. I keep doing that and I feel I am doing better then last week and the weeks before. I have stepped it up with diet and exercise and water. We just have to keep going, if we stop we know what willhappen if we keep going and we start loosing we will forever be grateful.
Good Morning to everyone, Have to run. HAve a great day!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/135/255

Good Morning all,

Freaky, I could not agree more with you, from start to finish. I could not get up this morning myself and I cannot believe that I am going to have to do this again tomorrow. I stayed up and watched the finale of Project Runway, only to be disappointed in the end. Therefore, when my alarm went off this morning at 5:20 I didn't get out of bed for another 15 minutes. It's very rainy and somewhat cold here too, so that also added to my lack of motivation this morning. Also, I understand the feeling tired and hungry. Last week I felt like I was going to completely fall off the healthy wagon. I don't think I have been that hungry in a long time, on top of that I was tired, which made me an emotional reck. But TOM is gone and I am feeling a lot better this week. I have been eating better and have worked out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far. A vast improvement from last week. The healthy work birthday party was awesome on Tuesday, and the leftovers would just as good yesterday. I hope everyone has a great day, and stays motivated, think thin.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:19 AM   #8  

Red face My sweet love is 9 months old today!!

Good morning....

Gloomy and overcast here in the Dallas area today. Kind of fits many of our moods, eh?

Freaky The great thing about you is that even if you don't feel motivated, you still get up to exercise! I roll back over and get comfy under the covers!

Cottage Don't worry about the 2 pounds- you are doing everything you are supposed to do- permanent results are coming!!

Jana Morning!!

Ruth What a fun weekend for you! That sounds like a blast- I hope you enjoy it thoroughly!

Mama Be careful today! Driving when you are so tired is scary.

Bella Have a great day!

Me- Okay this morning. I am so sick of worrying about money!! I got up to pay bills this morning only to find that DHs paycheck wasn't what I had budgeted for. CRAP!! I need for summer to get here so that we can breathe for a few months from the financial strain of two kids in daycare. It is so expensive! Add to that we are moving our 9 month old to a different daycare after spring break which will be much better care, and also more expensive. I bargain shop on EVERYTHING, but their care is not something you can do that with. I am just so frustrated about money- I feel like it is on my mind constantly............

Later gators...
Old 03-09-2006, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Smile

Good morning chickies.

I had a wonderful OP day yesterday. Removing the yogurt was the trick. I talked my DH into measuring me so that I can track inches and lbs. He didn't want to do it - but did it for me anyway. Of course he had to measure his thigh and comment (while laughing) "My leg is 5 inches smaller than yours." He says he was making fun of his skinniness - but it hurt nonetheless. Oh well, I will stick to SB and he wont be able to say that for long!

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #10  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks

Freaky & Jana - this has been one long week. I hope you can catch some downtime this weekend and relax.
Cottage - I've been there and it's so frustrating. I know you'll break through and lose those 2 pounds for good soon.
Ruth - have a great time on your trip!
Mama - Hope the boys are getting over this rough patch and you don't catch their cold too bad. How you get up and exercise on so little sleep amazes me. Way to go!
Nicci - WTG on exercising 3 days in a row! What kinds of foods did they have at the party? Any new recipes to share?
Kiko - Ouch on the paycheck! I've got 2 in daycare right now also and it's killing us. We pay more for daycare then we do for our mortgage.
CKB - have a great day!

As for me, I'm so glad the week is winding down. My DD is in major need of Mommy time and we should be able to get lots of that in. I took a yoga class last night for the first time and I loved it. It was so nice to be able to turn off my mind (kind of ) for an hour, concentrate just on me, and relax. I did embarass myself completely though. It was the end of the class and the teacher had everyone lie down on their mats, close their eyes and focus on relaxing. Well I did good for the first few minutes then I got one of those coughing fits where you've got a tickle in your throat and there is nothing you can do about it. I got up as quietly as I could and left the room to cough my lung up, but I think I still ruined a lot of people's bliss.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning Everyone. I have to go to the OB today and the ONLY good thing is that I should be down 10 lbs. from last time they weighed me.

I need to hurry to get ready and leave here on time. I am always running late.....
I haven't begun to exercise and the scale isn't budging. I had a bad day of eating Tuesday because of jury duty but I did good yesterday. I made a pork roast and saurkraut for dinner.... My kids love mashed potatoes with that so I made it for them and I didn't miss them!
I still need to "BACK AWAY FROM THE NUTS".
Old 03-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #12  

Morning everyone!

Oh I so know what you are all talking about when you say your patooties are dragging. I woke up with TOM this morning which always messes up my energy level. Didn't want to get out of bed either & fell asleep really early last night leaving a big pile of dishes in the sink so I really should contend with those after I get done here. Perhaps we're all so tired because it's the end of the week and so many of us multitask? Sure would be nice if there was energy dust, huh?? I'm really hoping to have enough energy for Curves after work today. And I have to hit the market too seeing as I am all out of salad greens and I want to make taco bake from the recipes pages because I know DH will really like that too and it's first night back from a 4 day business trip.

Well better dress for work and tackle the dishes. I hope the rain stays away til I arrive at work; any time this morning we're supposed to get the beginning of a big 3 day storm.

Have a great day girls!! Good energy to us all!!

Sue
Old 03-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

Sorry everybody is dragging today. The mornings are actually the best time for me, I've always been a morning person. It's all the crap through the day that drags me down,

I'm down another pound this morning, but my actual weigh in is on Sat's, but I just can't help it, I am a scale junkie. I'm feeling a bit better today, sorry I was such a downer yesterday.

I think I've decided to go back to school!!!! I have an appt for Tues to meet w/ the admissions and see what my options are. I can't believe it I'm 35 yrs old and going back to school. And to top it off my DH is thinking about it as well....he's a bit slower to make up his mind so he may talk about it for months before actually doing anything about it. He's always talked about nursing school and he works 3RD shift so he's now thinking he can go to school during the day and work all night? I hope he would able to do it, but I don't know?

Anyhoo.....gotta get back to work, ya'll have a great day and take care
Old 03-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #14  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Good mornin' ya'll!

Ruth: Whenever you talk about places in Canada it makes me want to come and visit. I am a HUGE fan of the "Anne of Green Gables" series. I can see myself living on Prince Edward Island & marrying Gilbert Blythe. Sigh!

My knee feels better but looks worse. It's nice and black & blue. I think I'll hit the gym tonight.

I wish an OP day on everyone!

XOXOXOX
Old 03-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #15  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't here yesterday but my oldest daughter, Ally, sprained her ankle at lacrosse practice on Tuesday night so I spent the better part of yesterday at the doctor's and radiology department. Thankfully, it's not broken but it's a pretty bad sprain. The doctor wanted me to keep her home today as well and she's not allowed to run or anything until next week. She's not real happy since lacrosse just started but she needs to take care of it so she can get better faster.

I'm having my computer at home worked on so I wasn't able to get online once I was home.

Feeling frustrated this morning. I got on the scale and I've lost half a pound. Granted I did eat 2 meals last week that weren't on plan so I can't say I've been OP 100% of the time but I'm on plan more than I'm off plan. I hate that I can let the scale ruin my day, I've been feeling so good too, my clothes are all fitting better, my stomach isn't so big, I'm not bloated. Then I get on the scale and see that and I start to feel bad about myself. I'm going to put the scale back in the closet. I know I'm at a weight right now that I have a hard time moving past, I don't know why but I have to work extra hard to get past my current weight.

My in-laws are in Florida so I'm running the office by myself today which means I really need to get the payroll done. I'll be back later.

Tyra
Closed Thread