South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #1  

Question Frustrated-new to SB

Hi Everyone! This is my first post....I am a little frustrated with SB. I initially started 2 1/2 weeks ago on Atkins and lost 3 lbs the first week. (not bad) Then after one week on Atkins I switched over to SB and lost only 1.5 lbs. for a total of 4 1/2. I will be on SB for two weeks on Saturday. I had not exercised much the first 2 weeks...but still thought I should lose more than a measely 4.5 lbs. I do want to lose 25 ish more pounds and am frustrated when I read how everyone is losing so much weight the first two weeks and I don't have the same results. I have been HONESTLY doing it without cheating..not one sweet, bread, etc. The only thing I did on week 1 of SB was have 2 servings of Beets before I realized it was off limits.

Will someone please help me...I am wondering if this is all worth it.
Thank You Tons!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #2  

Scooby, you are loosing at a healthy rate. Most of the "big" drops you see or hear about initially is water weight. Here are some things to consider

- post your menus here and our chicks can help determine if there is something you can improve upon.

- Run all that passes your lips thru www.fitday.com --You'll be able to determine what percent of your foods are fat/protein/carb.. and find the percent of each that works for you...more importantly you can determine how many calories you are consuming and burning. It's possible that while adopting a healthier eating style, you might need to work on portion control. It pretty much comes down to calories in and calories out....

- Weigh yourself the same time each week. Weight can fluxate as much as 4 pounds in a day.. and it's easy to get hooked on the highs and lows that being scale obsessed brings.

-Patience... It probably took some time to gain the 25 you want to loose.. It will take a while to loose it too. Aim for 1 - 2 pound loss per week.

What ever healthy program you adopt - it will be worth it -cuz you are worth it !
Old 03-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #3  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

I think you deserve a pat on the back for losing 4.5 pounds. That's GREAT!
You're one step closer to your goal!

Read this thread below. I'm cheering for you!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56931
Old 03-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #4  

Thank you very much for your reply. I really liked the attached link...I feel much better about the situation now. Hopefully with the add'l exercise that I am doing..things will start to happen. I am very impressed with the positive responses!
Thank you Again...
Old 03-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Scooby,

Exercise is key. I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but exercise is what keeps me stable and losing even when I slip up. Just do an extra hard workout and it kind of balances itself out. You will continue to lose, I guaruntee it!
Closed Thread