South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #1  

Default Oh, What a Day!

OK, I'm in my first outside sales job, and one of the things I have to do is attend functions from the local chambers of commerce. Nice folks, but not a one of them does South Beach!
Chamber breakfast was first, at least they had a buffet. I took a scoop of scrambled eggs and a couple small pieces of ham, some coffee and that was it.
Then a ribbon cutting for a new business. THey had food out there, I didn't eat anything. I get real thirsty talking to people so I took a small cup of what was labelled unsweet tea. It tasted sweet to me - good Lord Himself only knows if it had sugar in it or not.
Then there was the economic development council luncheon. Salad, OK even though it was very small. I'm on P2 so the carrot shreds were fine. Italian dressing was served on the side, I only had a smidge. But the main course was spaghetti with meat sauce! They passed around these huge plates of white flour spaghetti - must have been at least 3 cups of white flour pasta on that plate. I ate the meat sauce off the top and left the pasta, passe don dessert. May well have been some sugar in the sauce but I don't seem to have any cravings so far. Didn't take any rolls either. After I left I had my piece of South Beach bean cake I had packed for myself.
I do so much walking in canvassing the local businesses that I think I should be OK. I'm slightly physically hungry, but it's approaching supper time anyway. I'm more thirsty and tired than anything else, though.
The lady sitting next to me at the luncheon kept glancing at my plate. She didn't mention anything to me, but I'm sure she was noticing my dietary habits. Of course, SHE was thin as a rail!
Oh well. I need to learn not to care what other people think of me anyway!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Garybearsgirl! I have to admire you for your will power! I think you deserve the "SUPER CHICK AWARD"for the day!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #3  

Wow you should be really proud of yourself!! I'm not in sales but I go to social things with DH & Kiwanis stuff all the time so I know what it is not to be in control of your menu at all times. It really is much easier at times it seems to just eat whatever you're given for the sake of cordialness but, doggone it since when can't be healthy & cordial too I guess it is just boils down to a lot of the caterers mentalities...if they have to do it cheaply, it is just more cost effective to feed you a plate of pasta or some other starch.

Good job sticking to your plan!!

Sue
Old 03-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #4  
Bird Nerd

Good job! I know it can be so hard when you aren't in control of the food you are served but you rocked it girl!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Thumbs up Kudos Kudos Kudos

Wonderful job garybearsgirl!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Sounds like you did the best you could with what you had garybearsgirl. Good for you!

When I have situations like that I try to take my lunch and snacks with me then I don't have to eat whatever they are serving. You might think about what you could take with you when you have days like this that you could eat instead of whatever they are serving.

Good luck with your new job!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:34 AM   #7  

I've got another Chamber event tomorrow, but it's at a restaurant. I can call the restaurant today and ask what's going to be served and let them know what I'm following. They may be willing to accomodate me.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #8  

Good Thinking!!!!
Closed Thread