South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Wicked Wednesday - March 8th

Just a nod to Batmomm and others with the Wicked Wednesday!!!

Not a ton to say today because it's still mid week and I am still working and all that. Yesterday I went to my mother's to clean and was unable to because I was also on call and while I was thee I received 4 on call hot line reports which I had to follow up on. I aplogized to my mother and went home. When I was there though, my brother said the ususal, "what's up" to me and I replied "same ****, different day" as I usually do on Tuesday nights. Then I said, "no, check that, I think it might even be the same **** and the same day"!!!

Anyway, just a little light humor for those who's coffee has not kicked in yet.

I had a soso eating day...ate well at work but felt hungry. Then in the midst of American Idol cheated and had bad snacks.

What's that??? Oh, it's just the treadmill calling. It always calls at the most inconvenient times!!! Well, gotta run.

Catch up with you later.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 AM   #2  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Goodmorning Freaky and all you other chicks still in bed.

I have to go to a conference this morning with my boss. Yipee Yee yipee yaa. Can you tell how excited I am? NOT I think I'll bring a cheese stick and some nuts to tide me over until lunch, but I hate pulling out snacks at some place like that.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A quick "hello" to everyone! I'm off and running in a few minutes.
Yesterday was a great day, I got caught up on some yard work that I neglected in the fall, and the girls and I spent the afternoon at a park. I had bad moment when I needed to use some , but I managed to get over it, and stayed OP the entire day!
I'll try to catch up with you all later!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #4  

Mornin' everyone. Got my teeth cleaned yesterday. See? No cavities to report from the dentist yesterday. Yippee!

Freaky - I'm going to have to borrow your offshoot of the old SSDD line. lol It definitely applies to my job right now too! I watched Idol last night too. Mandissa just rocks! We'll see how the guys do tonight. Chris is my favorite out of the guys.

Kelly - Hope the meeting with your boss goes okay.

Cottage - I hear ya on the yard work. I should be doing some of that myself.

Gotta run. Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:03 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning - cold but clear here.

Freaky, my treadmill is calling me this morning too. (Funny but yesterday my doc told me I could go back to exercising on it! Um....maybe I didn't listen well last visit.)

Cottage, No yardwork as everything is still under snow....but it's melting fast. We are supposed to have a weekend of well above freezing weather so I'll be able to do some cleanup next week.

Kelly, it's hard to sneak snacks at a conference. They do break for coffee though, don't they? I hope the conference is interesting.

I am avoiding the scale this morning as my evil sister Ruthless dragged me into the Chinese buffet after my doc appointment yesterday. Water and abstemious eating are the two watchwords for today.

As I'm going to be away for four days and have friends checking my house, I need to do a wee vacuum this morning. Lucy seems to be shedding a lot of black fluff. I think there's enough on her bed to knit or crochet another dog - a puppy anyhow! This afternoon, I'll go to visit Harry and give the nursing home a copy pof my itinerary just in case. I've still not got around to buying a cell phone but someday soon ....

Gotta jet and lug the garbage out to the road. The lane is slowly de-icing - there are patches of gravel and mud in spots - but it's still pretty slippy. Thank God for Yak-Traks!

Have a great aka wicked Wednesday!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 AM   #6  

Good morning Freaky. And great job on the exercise consistency. I have the luxury of a noon cycling class today...so I slept in (NOT!). Cottage...I need that dust...good visual for me to carry around today. Have a good day Kelly.

If you haven't read the post about waning motivation...its worth it. This is the critical time for me to fail...lost 10, now have plateaued and have not been strict enough about sticking to the plan to feel good about it. I am doing TONS of self talk about my lifestyle change...no more dieting! And trying to reiterate my reasons for wanting the weight off.

Hope everyone has a great day supporting all of your goals!
Meg
Old 03-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Hi Jana. We were psoting at the same time.

I watched the last part of IDOL too last night. You are right - Mandissa is fabulous! Chris is my favourite too. I just don't get little Kevin the sex symbol though. I guess I'm too old to appreciate him except as a grandson!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Focused, I have that ten pound motivational slump too. Thanks for the reminder. How diod I miss reading that post? Hope your day is a good one.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Jana and Ruth - looks as if we should be the judges of this show since our favorites are all the same. Chris could sing to me anytime, and now that I think about it, I wouldn't kick me out of bed for eating crackers either!!! LOL

Morning the rest of you ladies!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #10  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm not entirely awake yet and don't really have much to say. I just thought I'd say a quick hello and good morning. I'll try to post again later when I can think straight.

Toodles
Old 03-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies!Geesh I can't wait for this TOM bloat to go away. It's partially my fault as I havent been drinking enough water. My fingers are like sausages. Should be gone in the next day or so. TOday my goal is to drink 12 glasses of water...2 down...10 to go. That should help I think. I've beend doing a P1 with no beans or milk, except last night, for the last week or so and haven't lost anything....infact I've gained but that's from TOM so I'm not too worried about it. I just need to drink up and it will be gone. Ok, enough babbling!!

freaky: I hear the treadmill calling too.....trouble is I just ignore it! Good job, you're a inspiration with all your exercise.

Kelly: cheese and nuts are great filling snack. Keeps me for hours. Have fun at yoyr conference !

cottage: good job on the willpower! that will power dust is a powerful thing!

jana: Have a fabulously OP day !

ruth: bad, bad, Ruthless...hopefully its her who will gain any weight and not you!

focused: I totally feel you! for the last 8 months I've been gaining and losing the same stupid 15 lbs. the only thing I can do is keep trying and not give up, that's the one thing I haven't tried in the past so hopefully in the long run it will pay off. YOu're doing great!

Hoosiermom: have some coffee then come join us! I'm on my second cup now. I love coffee!!!!!

everyone else, have a great OP day! cottage, could you send some of your willpower dust everyones way??
Old 03-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #12  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

ok I'll come back and chat later but one of the Idol singers, Elliott, lives here and is really good friends with one of mine. Small world. So is he any good? I don't watch. She told me he was good but needs to get his teeth fixed before he's anybody's Idol...
Old 03-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

I'm still waking up, just like Christine.
Yesterday I had a chocolate milkshake but it was dentist's order. I had some dental work done and was instructed to drink liquids for the next 24 hrs. Then he handed me a coupon for a free shake at Steak-n-Shake. How could I resist that offer?
I plan to get some more yard work done today and maybe a visit to the tan salon, too.
Need more
Old 03-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

So early in the morning for me! Hi to all of you! I got to bed way to late last night, finishing an online class and couldn't quit until the test was done. Got to bed at 11:30, that wouldn't be too back except I needed to get up at 0500

In the ER today with my unfavorite doctor.

Today for my lunch I am going on the treadmill in the cardiac rehab room.

Brought grill salmon, huge salad with all kinds of chunky veggies in it and sf jello. I've also discovered caffiene-free diet coke. Pretty tasty over ice!

It's about time I behave!

pearshape, TOM I don't miss his visits! You are right....drink up! go for a walk and paint your toenails.....that's my Rx for the day!

Hoosier, I'll be quiet just in case you decide to climb back into the nice warm sheets.......

focused, thanks for the reminder about reading motivational slump......I hope I've climbed out of mine.

Ruth, I'm sorry about your evil twin, I should introduce her to mine.....maybe they could scratch drag each other around so they wouldn't be loney.

Jana, hey no cavities! Way to go!

cottage, glad you found some

Kelly, good luck at the conference. Drink lots of water so you have the option of getting up and excusing yourself a lot.

freaky, hope the treadmill calling you isn't calling you dirty words.

Well, I off to read posts and get caught up here so I know what's going on with ya'll
Schatzi...........WAKE UP!!!!!! All you others left to come
Old 03-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Red face Wicked Wednesday is RIGHT!

Good morning chickies.

Yesterday I stayed OP but it was an awful day for me. I had yogurt the past 2 days - and I think it made me crash in the afternoon. Plus it's the TOM. My first one on SBD - KILLER! I had a splitting headache last night (caffeine addiction - but I drank my quota of water) and my DD was being a pill. She is 19 mo and had her first time out! GRRRR

I'm just so thankful that I have you guys for support!

My plan for today is smile and ignore TOM, eat a slice of WG bread instead of yogurt and hope for no sugar crash, finish this large diet coke and then switch to water, and chickchat as much as possible to keep the spirits up.

Last edited by ckb1432003; 03-09-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Closed Thread