Old 03-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #1  
soon to be hot momma

Exclamation Girls With Goals - Spring Challenge WI#2

Good Morning Ladies
Its week two of our spring challenge! I am extremly proud of myself I stuck to it all week and made no excuses for not working out or over eating !! I drank all my water and more So for exercise I am able to say I logged 7 hrs which is way beyond my goal of 4.5 and food was good except for the weekend I didnt make healthy choices but at the very least it wasnt over abundant! I can also say that finally after putting my mind to what I am here to do I have lost four pounds this week !WOOOHOOOO So stats for this week are:

SW 204
SW FOR CHALLENGE 164
CW 160 (-4)
GW FOR CHALLENGE 156
GW 145

I have adjusted my goal weight I dont know what I was thinking when I thought I would get to 152 lbs but cmon on seriously ! So agian this week I am going to propose a no excuses week and stick to it!! I will be back later to check in on all of you I hope your results are great and if not there is always this week!!!!
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #2  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

FGNM, this is for you! Great job! I admire your dedication to no excuses week!!! Way To Go!!!! Whooo Hooo!

I am pleased as punch (crystal light punch, that is) about this week's weigh-in despite the fact that the scale isn't giving me proper credit. My scale weight is actually UP two pounds to 156 but I have lost 10 inches - 2 from my waist, 2 from my hips, 4 from my lower abdomen (WHOOO HOO!) and one from each thigh. I also can finally, comfortably wear the cutest little capri pants that I haven't been able to fit into before. I have been using my total gym so maybe the additional two pound is muscle, maybe it is water, but I don't care what it is... it isn't fat cause it isn't taking up any space!!! Hope the rest of you are doing fabulously!!!! I am not going to change my weight tracker yet in case it's water weight amd comes off.
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Congrats to you both!!! You are awesome.

My weight jumped way, way up (7lbs!) just over a week ago, due to traveling, salty junk food and TOM, and I've had to really focus to get back down to just over 234 by today's weigh-in. One thing I feel good about is some visibly increased muscle tone in my thighs and arms. I'm traveling again this week, and am committed to working out in the hotel fitness room and keeping my food diary. Maybe I can get a 'whoosh' over the next two weeks, and come closer to my goal.

Again, keep up the great work, aimin and FGNM!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies well congrats to you all. I really tried the no excuse week this week with exercise and food but I found at the end of my week- I went over my WW points and I had a excuse. Now no excuses means no excuses right well I gained back 2 which I was a little upset by . Ladies what is it gonna take I have played with the same 5 pounds for ever on one week off one week how how how how how do I change!! I feel so helpless. Well hope you all have a great week and I will stay focused.
Stacey
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #5  
soon to be hot momma

WTG Aimin!!
Sorry Judy tom and salty foods are a deadly combination!!!
Stacy if you havent bought this book yet trust me read this book Dr Phils Weight loss Solution I am not following his eating plan but I am following the mental stuff you will be amazed by how much you will identify what you are doing when you read this!!! Positive thoughts hun you can do this!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #6  

Default weigh in

hi gals, I'm down 231 this week. I would like to get to 225 by spring. wish me luch
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #7  

dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Is there room here for one more

I need somewhere to go, and I hope this is it. I have been gaining weight steadily for some time now and I need a big kick in my a**, becuase it is out of hand.
I wnat to lose a lot of weight before the summer and am willing to work out, but the food is killling me. Its my own fault and I am resposible for all the groceries and cooking but its hard to not eat the oreos .
I would love to hear from all of you and if I need honest, support. I will give it to if you need it. Am I in the right place?
Hope to hear from you all very soon.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #9  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Motivation and of the Honest Variety

Stayc, Dawn, Judy, Scrappin, everyone- This weight loss stuff is tough. If it wasn't, we wouldn't all be here on the forum posting our closely guarded secrets online and seeking support. We are just lucky we have found this place. Let's face it. It isn't easy to honestly assess and approach the question " Why am I overweight"?

It isn't any fun to be at a party and turn down the margarita cause it's laden with sugar or to pass on the cheese nips and pretzels and champagne and cookies... It makes you feel like you are missing out on life!!! But you aren't- you are passing up an immediate gratification for a very long lasting wonderful delayed gratification.

I have this co-worker that I often diet with. She is this wonderful, strong and wise woman who often utters pearls of wisdom without even realizing the impact she makes. She said to me the other day (when we were talking about my favorite subject, Mexican Food ) " you know- whenever I want something that isn't on my diet, I always tell myself - this isn't the last time I am going to have this. That restaurant will still be there. This isn't the last chance I have in life to have a nacho... " It's true!

Just because you say no to the oreo cookies this week or this month or heck- even this year- it doesn't mean that they are going to stop making them. You can do this. You can exercise and you can eat better and you can make the changes neccesary to change your life permanently for the better - Just like FGNM's fabulous tagline states!!!

You can walk taller, prouder, healthier and in much cuter clothes forever and the power to do it lies inside yourself and in your own mind. If you honestly approach the situation, you will see your roadblocks. In most cases, you were the engineer who put up those road blocks. I should know- I am the FOREMAN of that construction site!!!

But you can do it. You will do it. Just stay strong, stay focused, do what you know works and lean on this support to help you make it happen for yourselves. There is nothing more beautiful in life than loving yourself enough to live up to your fullest potential and putting yourself first. Allow yourself to play the starring role in your own life.
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #10  
soon to be hot momma

Very well said Aimin !!!!
I am a total person of instant gratification !!! Ive learned that so now I take a step back before I shove the chocolate cake in and determine wether or not its worth it ! It sucks that we have to do this but it has to be!!! HUGGGGSS ladies with the support of each other we will get there in no time at all!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #11  
yvette120

Hello ladies you all are so right what I have been telling myself in order to lose weight is it is going to be a sacarfice in order for me to get to my goal. I did okay this week. I have been writing down eveything that I eat and drink. I write down how much water that I drink, my calories even when I eat to much and how much exercise that I do. My exercise is great, my eating is okay and I am still striving to drink more water. I have loss .08 pounds. I am so grateful it may not be two pounds a week but at least it is a loss. I weigh 197.2 pounds and I am happy because I use to weigh 211.6 pounds. So lets continue to give our best.

yvette120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Yeah thanks Aimin that was great. I needed that after last night @ Mcdonalds I was sooooooo down about eating that quarter pounder and fries and then having birthday cake later cause my DD turned 3 yesterday. I wake up this morning and said Stacey if you feel so bad after you do it then why did you eat it. The bad part is when I got it I opened up the sandwich case and said to myself I should cut it in half and through the rest of it away, but I didn't WHY WHY when I thought about it. Well Yvette you said it I must be thankful I have lost any weight even if it's .5 or 5 I should just be happy, but I guess I also KNOW that I could do better and I think that is what really bothers me is I say 125% but give only 80% and then feel bad about the 80% when I could have gave 125%. Well I think I will get a copy of that book FGNM. I have the Food quide but I think I need alittle more. Thanks ladies for letting me vent. Have a great Day !!
Stacey
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #13  
soon to be hot momma

Trust me Stacy since reading that book I look at things a little differently ! You can do this and dont beat yourself up too much pick up and move on !!!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default How is everyone's day?

Kids are home sick today, and eating is not going well. My DS was sick last week, and is sick again this week with a fever.I was disappointed that I missed a spin class I wanted to try at the gym this morning, but I hope to get to it this weekend. Going grocery shopping this evening and am going to stock up on good food choices. Hope your day is going well
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote