Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 08:27 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ****WEEK OF OCTOBER 7th******

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!
It is such a great day that I think I will wake up everyone(except for SD#2 since she gets up at 6) and go on a picnic and hike. If U carry a 30# child most of the way, is it more excercise points???? I am soo proud of her lately, she has started talking and last month making sentances...Life is getting easier!!!!!!!I have gotten back into the excercise regime, but have to not get too compulsive like I did 2 yrs ago..My gyn says U can excercise up until delivery if U did it before pregnancy..She just says no running after the 6th month but said my body would tell me when that was!!!Hmmmmmmmm.....cant wait to see if that is true!!!

Tech-The honeymoon and wedding sounded wonderful!!!Can't wait to see pics!!!I have always wanted to go to that part of the US but never made it yet...I will one day!!!!Glad to see U back.The Belgium and Swiss chocolate and the croissants in France helped me get home with about 8 extra pounds..I wouldn't trade it for anything though!!!!Tooo much fun!!Good luck on the job market and the move!!!!!

I better go check on the child..Yesterday when she was quiet, she was putting makeup on my white cat who was letting her...
Poor thing was relaxing in the bathroom sink with blush on her face and missing hair from being "shaved" with the electric razor..I think the cat is nuts too!!!My cats who have never been around kids have really adjusted well!!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
BFB--RU ok?????
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 10-07-2001 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:35 AM   #2  
A princess in the making!

Default Morning

Tech- My birthday is the 20th. We can celebrate together. Really you will have to for the both of us. I am having dental surgery on your b-day. So I won't be enjoying mine.

Okay guys remember me going on that blind date in June. Well we are now dating. He is really nice and good to us. Better than the last 2 I picked.

Tech-Congrads on your wedding.

Vicki-Do not be excerising to much when you are pregnant. My friend who is a good athelitc was told by her doctor some is fine. But she was still doing to much and for some reason very athletic women end up making there birth canal narrower, because of all the built up muscle.

OKay of to get some stuff down and then we have to go to his house for the Packer game.

B
Old 10-07-2001, 09:40 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Pryia- I'm exstatic to hear about the new man!! I remember that date, and I remember your being worried about whether or not you would hear from him!! I'm soo glad things are going well with him!!

RR- Glad to hear SD#2 is talking in almost sentences, that's great progress!! Hope you had fun today!

BFB- Hope everything's OK with you?!

I had a fairly busy day today. Went to the store early this afternoon, ended up stopping at 3 open houses before I got there!! Thankfully DH was not with me!! They were three completely different houses too. One was a log cabin, a real dump that needed a lot of work and the price was waaay too high for what needed to be done! One was a newer CH Colonial, perfect in almost every way, but waaay out of the range of what we'd be able to afford. The last was a small ranch (called rambler in other parts of the country). 3 BR, 1 BA, but small. Completely renovated though. It was fun to see them and see what's out there though.

When I got home, DH had all the apples peeled and cut up, so I proceeded to make crusts. Ended up making 2 apple pies...4 crusts...don't want to see a crust for at least another week!! I have a whole milk (sometimes called cheese) pumpkin that I bought this week though, so that's probably gonna get me at least 3-4 pies. Will probably cook it all, then freeze most of it. I'll just make one pie. Pumpkin's my favorite.

Looking forward to getting back to Gilad tomorrow. Have to remember to get my clothes out before bed so I don't forget!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 10-08-2001, 12:58 PM   #4  

HELLO ALL! I AM BACK.

I got home last night and hope to stay put for awhile. This past month has been a busy one.

Pryia - glad to hear you have not been layed off. Lots of people are having that problem. What type of dental surgery are you having? Too bad you can't put it off until after your birthday!? Glad the bf situation is going well. FYI - I am at 674.936 miles.

RR - I bought some little suckers to eat so I don't do too much tasting! Your picnic and hike sound fun. It was cold cold in Chicago this weekend. Funny about the cat with makeup!

Lauren - don't shoot! I did better after I wrote in - became much more aware of what I was putting in my mouth. Hope you like being a redhead again! Pies sound good!

Tech - Congratulations!! So happy to hear everything went smoothly and you enjoyed the honeymoon. I'd like to go to Bar Harbor sometime - sounds great in some articles I've read. Good luck on the job hunt and the moving!!

Better run - time to make my salad for lunch!

RABBIT
Old 10-08-2001, 05:16 PM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

The hike went great except for "mommy hold me", "I'm tired", "how much longer", "slow down"etc etc--hmmmmmm things I enjoy seem so different now!!!!!

Lauren-Ms Homemaker!!!!I am impressed with all the Martha Stewart activities!!!!!

Rabbit-Little suckers is a good idea!!!Yeah on the miles!!!

I did 5 yesterday hiking and then 6 today on the treadmill..It is amazing how harder the road and the hike is than the treadmill!!!
Well off to do my weekly brownies for the dear husband!!!!!!
Vicki
Old 10-08-2001, 08:08 PM   #6  

I'm back from our "Wonderful - Wonderful" show in St Louis. It was our best show of the year last year.....and this year too!!!
This is our favorite show its in an expensive neighborhood and the families let all the artists stay with them. We were with the same family as last year - it was nice to get to know them better this time. The neighborhood throws a huge party on Saturday night. This year it was the best italian...I ate way too much this weekend and had way to much wine. I'm going to be really sad in the morning when I step on the scales......I'll keep you posted.
- jul
(who has to do bookkeeping chores now)
Old 10-09-2001, 08:17 AM   #7  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

Well yesterday was a holiday here (our Thanksgiving) so I had the day off, which was nice. Weighed myself this morning and managed to lose half a pound. I was thrilled given the week I had.

My husband is still counting points with me and he's down a total of 16 pounds which is so great. I've lost 10 pounds since I started going to the gym (6 of which is since my husband started with me a few weeks ago). So the progress isn't super fast but it's good enough for me since I don't really feel like I'm "dieting". At least I don't feel like I'm suffering everyday. I know this is so much better since it hopefully means that I know how to make better choices and that I'll be able to stick with it in the long run.

Lauren and Vicki - I don't know how you bake and not eat it all. Those are weaknesses of mine. Anything baked. I made a low fat cobbler on Saturday with some fruit I had in the freezer and it was probably fairly low point but I still had to work hard not to eat it all.

Vicki - isn't it true that it's so much easier to run on the treadmill than the road?? It's always a shock to the system when you actually go out and hit the road.

Hope everyone weighed in okay.

BFB - where are you??

Elisa
Old 10-09-2001, 09:31 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Elisa- Happy Belated Thanksgiving!! I like apple pie, but it doesn't affect me like something chocolate! I can have 1 pc. of pie a night and be fine. And it's just the crust and apples w/ about 4 T. brown sugar and cinnamon, so it's pretty low point! I haven't actually figured it out, but I think I've been counting it as 4 pts./slice. And DH made the cinnamon icecream. I love icecream, but I won't go nuts unless it's chocolate! I can have just a small scoop with the pie and be fine. Isn't that weird?! Congrats on yours & DH's progress!!

Jul- Sounds like you had a great time, that's cool that you actually stay with people.

RR- Weekly brownies?! LOL...talk about Martha!! Who woulda thought, between the two of us?!

Rabbit- Glad to hear you got back on track!!

Have a good day all...I'm tired today...
Old 10-09-2001, 10:18 AM   #9  

Hi all

Well I'm back from my walk. It was a great experience. I'm still a little sore & I've got some minor tendonitis in my left foot, but getting better quickly. We had a mixture of weather...rain, cold, hot, but we walked through it all. A lot of rain Friday night & a lot of people's tents got flooded, but I was lucky, stayed dry, thanks in part to my camping experience I think but also just plain luck that I wasn't in one of the "low" spots. Overall I raised a little over $2800 and the total raised for the Atlanta walk was $4.4 million for breast cancer research & treatment.

The bad news is....according to my home scale I gained 10# since last Wed morning. I don't really think that's possible considering I walked 60 miles. I think I'm probably bloated or holding water. A pair of shorts that fit fine last week were a bit snug on my legs yesterday, so I'm hoping it's just water retention or something! I already had about 10# I needed to lose again anyway!

Either way...I'm getting back on track today. I'm journaling & counting points. Can't do any exercise involving my legs for a few days, want to give them time to totally recover, but I'll do some crunches & stuff & some arm exercises on the weight machine. Hopefully there will be a major drop in weight in the next couple of days as my body recovers.

Pryia - congrats on the new guy & on not getting laid off!

Tech - glad the wedding & honeymoon went well! welcome to married life!

Guess that's all for now. I've got a mountain of e-mail to sort through so won't try to totally catch up, but will try to keep up from now on.

LE
Old 10-09-2001, 11:02 AM   #10  

Scale Report: It said 177 which really suprised me - I'd expected a big gain.

LE: 10# in one week really sounds out of wack. It might be a combination of water retention and new muscle! Have you been measuring your thighs and calfs??

O.K. I've got to get some schoolwork done with Weston this morning. Its hard to get the routine down every day when we're only home 3-4 days a week!!

- jul
Old 10-09-2001, 12:02 PM   #11  
Pink Thingy

Default mmm.....where shall I start

They say it never rains, but it pours. I did mean to start the thread, but things have just gotten the better of me recently. I have a job "situation" which has been going on for about a year and I have unfortunately allowed all the weight I lost, to catch up with me. To make matters worse, I think I mentioned something last week about family members blaming everyone else around them, but not actually looking in the mirror and recognizing the problem is them. I have just come back from spending the weekend(!) with my mum. Suffice to say she is very unhappy at the moment, my sister has got herself involved with a "gentleman" and I can say is she has turned into a real Jekyll and Hyde character. She has gone from being the most responsible and trustworthy member of the family to someone who you just cannot trust. That's not to say the rest of us aren't trustworthy! My sister and I were due to be executors for my parents' wills and at the last minute she decided she didn't want to sign, so we had to draw up the papers again. So now I and my hubby are executors (deemed responsible enough to make sure everything is split equally). My mum has also transferred a substantial amount of money into my name and reduced what was in her and my sister's name, because the "gentleman" my sister has become infatuated is only after her money. By the third day of knowing him, he was trying to persuade her not to sell her flat (which had been on the market for six months) and rent it to him and my the 5th night he had asked her to marry him. He is totally disrespectful to his parents and has been rude to my mum. Also since getting involved with him, she has turned into the most mean spirited person I have ever had to have the misfortune of knowing. She does not miss a single opportunity to belittle me and I for one have had enough. Sorry to rant and rave, but I just gotta let it flow. We all have problems/difficulties in our lives and there is so much horror in this world right now, there really is no need to be bitter towards people. The situation is so sad, that I just have to laugh otherwise I will be crying and I refuse to do that.

Anyway or a slightly brighter note, nice to have you back Tech - hope to see some pictures soon.

I am gonna buy a mini trampline/rebounder(?) tomorrow and get the weight part of my life back on track - wish me luck. Have any of you tried what I think is called "urban rebounding"?

Hope everyone else is doing far better than I am

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 10-09-2001 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2001, 01:29 PM   #12  

HI ALL!! 1 DAY OP!!

I am counting again now that I am home and am sure hoping I didn't do too much damage - although I'm afraid I did. Sure hate to have to lose the same weight AGAIN - but such is life. . .

RR - glad the hike went well. Nice that you make brownies for dh weekly!

Jul - what neighborhood in St. Louis? glad show went so well for you and that you did not have a big gain.

Elisa - congrats on the loss! How do you celebrate Thanksgiving? I'm with you on the baked goods in the house - my trick is to make cookies for ds at school. Then I get to eat a couple and I mail the rest.

Legal - glad your walk went well. Hope that 10 # is not accurate - don't see how it could be. Nice to have you hanging out again!

BFB - I'm so sorry about all of the family problems!! Hopefully your sis will snap out of it? Hang in there!! I've never heard of urban rebounding.

bye all - off to make my salad!

RABBIT
Old 10-10-2001, 10:13 AM   #13  

Morning

Well, scale only said 144# this morning...down 4# overnight? We'll see.

Not much new here. Stayed mostly OP yesterday except for the Bit O'honey binge...at least they're gone now! No exercise, but didn't get home until 8:30 so just didn't have time.

BFB - hope your sister comes to her senses soon...I know you can't ignore family problems, but don't forget yourself in the process!

Rabbit - sounds like you've been doing pretty good lately! Keep it up!

Guess that's all for the moment. Take care all!

LE
Old 10-10-2001, 11:12 AM   #14  

HI ALL.

Cannot say - day 2 op - as I got into jalapeno chips yesterday. They were good - but I should have known better than to even bring them into the house.

Legal - glad 4 of the pounds were gone this morning. I think you were right about the causes. I've been doing better lately, but not so good at my sister's. I really want to get to that goal!

My sister is talking about having a "safe room" in your house incase of further attacks (biological or chemical) and that we should have water, nonperishable food, flashlights, battery radios and duck tape to seal off windows and doors. Has anyone else heard this or done this??

have a good day.

RABBIT
Old 10-10-2001, 11:12 AM   #15  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Morning.....

LE - glad your scale went down at least 4 pounds in one day. I have a feeling if you watch what you eat and drink lots of water you'll see some more loss in the next few days. Like me, you should probably also be taking your measurements (I don't do it but I wish I did). Then you could see if the difference is really inches or not.

BFB - I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't have exactly the same scenario but I have one close to that with a brother and his girlfriend who has been around for YEARS! She's probably not as bad as the guy you describe but it's so similar the way it effects the whole familly and there's really not much you can do.

Rabbit - glad you're back OP!! My family doesn't make a huge deal out of Thanksgiving. Sometimes we do the turkey thing but not always - it's just not one of our big family holidays. Not like I think goes on there! I was happy to have the day off from work.

LBH - You're lucky if you can control yourself with pie. While I have to admit that nothing gets me like chocolate I like anything homemade and baked. And I know I would be eating it every night, but if it's really only 4 points, that's so great. How did you get a crust so low in points??

I'm trying to be really good this week and thanks to my husband I'm OP almost every day (ALMOST). I'm trying to be so organized. I find it helps so much if, on the weekend, I plan the dinners for that week. This way I not only know what I'm eating but I can shop specifically for those dinners and not wander around the grocery store aimlessly guessing what ingredients I should get. I don't know how long it will last but for now I feel so organized.

back to work...

Elisa
Closed Thread