South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #1  

Smile New to the Beach

Hi Everyone!

I know my post name is Broomy (a nickname from a buddy because I do collections & keep the trucks in line at work) but name is really Suzanne or you can call me Sue. I'll be starting South Beach tomorrow morning. I had been doing Atkins for a long time with some success, 40 pounds lost and maintained but have plateaued for the last year. So I've decided it was time to shake up the eating routine a bit since I'd recent shaken up the workout routine a bit too. Looking forward to trying this & having things like beans & eventually oatmeal (you have no idea how I love oatmeal) in Phase 2 again & getting to know all of you. I'll post as I can sometimes it's so busy at work I can't get online & even this weekend was a major catch-up for me since I just had the stomach flu for a day & a half.

Anyway gotta run to the market run for my first week supplies & then it's Oscar time

Sue

P.S. Anybody know if Carb Options BBQ sauce is OK during Phase 1? I'm cooking for one my first couple nights on the beach & I hate doing anything more comlex than 1 chicken breast & a salad.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #2  

Hi Sue!
As long as it is under 3 grams of carbs it is ok. ( The BBQ sauce)
Good Luck with SB. I only had good luck on the phase one then got board.
I am doing a kind of phase 2 and limiting my carbs.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Sue & Nora,
to the Beach!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #4  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Sue!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

K.C. Masterpeice classic only has 2 g of carbs per serving and it's really good. I've tried the carbwell and kraft bbq sauces and hated them, but this stuff is yummy. I like a tangier bbq sauce so maybe that's why. It's not advertised as lc but check the label and you'll see. I highly recommend it.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, Broomy and Nora.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  

Welcome to the Beach! One things you should be trying for is 4 1/2 cups of vegetables in both phase 1 and phase 2. Vegetables are encouraged. Take a look at the food lists in the FAQ section. Beans are allowed even in phase 1. Make sure you are working from an updated food list. Milk is encouraged in phase 1 and tomatoes are on the allowed list. The old version of the hardcover book didn't allow them.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #8  

Broomy - It's good to meet you!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to the beach! You'll love it here.

Patricia
Old 03-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #10  

Thanks for the welcomes & advice everyone.

I believe I managed to get my veggies in between: egg cups from the phase 1 breakfast ideas, a 2-3 cup salad with chicken for lunch, 1 -1 1/2 c broccoli with dinner & 2 stalks celery with 2 tsps Skippy Carb Option PB (I know it's not real natural but aside from nuts, salt & it just appears to be helthy oils & Splenda so I hope that was OK ).

As to milk, I actually flat out refuse to keep it in the house at all costs if possible. It is a trigger food for me. Whether it is nonfat or fullfat, plain or chocolate...I can drink it glass after glass til a quart is gone in a sitting and barely notice it. So, calcium for me must come from cheese, yogurt and daily supplements. Speaking of which, I need to take my calcium. The only dairy I've had all day is from my big goof...2 tsps of real 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee at work

Sue
Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #11  

Nora ans Sue!!! Come visit us on the daily thread too...!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

, Sue!

Broomy (great nickname...a friend called me this after I finished a diet in H.S. because she said I looked as tiny as a broomstick...wonder if this is what your nickname might mean before long? ), as long as you don't mind eating the same thing for a couple nights, I'd recommend putting in the time and making a Taco Bake (see recipe forum...it's to die for!) or Chicken Divan or something and just eating off that all week. All you'll have to do is reheat it, which is way easier, and you won't get as tired of it and bored as having a salad every night...or you can add a salad and make that different each night.

I think the key to success on SBD is keeping yourself from getting bored by trying new things...nora have you tried all the great recipes in the recipe forum?
Closed Thread