South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday's Mumbo Jumbo

Well it's Monday again and I cannot pretend that this is a good thing. The weekend was wonderfull but as I always say, never long enough. I sat at my sister's house in her kitchen and realized that I had been sitting there for an hour doing absolutely nothing. It was such a great feeling to relax for the sake of relaxing.

My son and I never made it to the movie but I took him to rent one. He picked Power Rangers - bummer for me. I sat on the couch and suffered through the Power Ranger Movie as best I could without complaint. Man, that stuff is terrible!!!! Royce loved the movie...of course.

I have two nieces and had one of them sleep over at my house each night which was fun and we also went out to eat, the family, all twelve of us to a local Italian Restaurant for my sister's 39th birthday. For a weekend where I thought I had no plans...it ended up action packed. But it was fun and I will look forward to the next one.

What I wouldn't give for a rich husband - lol (but seriously folks...I'm here all evening - did ya here the one about...)

Well. thats enough of my Mumbo Jumbo for the morning - sombody stop me!!! What's up in your neck of the woods?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:05 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Morning Freaky.....I wish I could go back to bed. I stayed up last night doing my taxes & they are still wrong! Darn Turbo tax.....grrr!
My sister has conned me into making her 4 tier wedding cake (which I have NEVER made a wedding cake before!) I went to Borders yesterday reading up on it - holy smokes.....lots involved. I'm slowly gathering materials and I'll do a test cake in May when I'm home visiting! Oh and I'm doing scrapbooks for her reception and I'm in charge of the bridal shower (what the.....) AND my sister nominated my fiancee to video tape her wedding. I asked her if she had a video camera....of course not. So it looks like he will be using my dvd recorded....sounds like I don't have to go shopping for a wedding present, but I do need to learn the word "NO!"
I'm off to work this morning & I have a AVON meeting tonight (maybe I'll leave work early?)
What's going happening on your beach towel today?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Freaky! I'll pass you a steaming mug in a few minutes. It sounds like you had a great weekend.

We had lots of dog company over the weekend. My neighbour Moel split me some more wood and his wee Yorkie, Kirby, came in to play with the Girls. Too funny as he runs right under their legs. Another neighbour, Vivian, came in with her 10 week old Shar-Pei. That's not my favourite breed but it sure was a cute puppy. Lucy must have her mothering instincts perked up because she kept licking the little guy.

I did manage to get some sewing finished and my assigned painting nearly done. I have my class this afternoon and had nothing to show for critique.

This morning I'll do a bit more painting and also vacuum downstairs. Lucy seems to be losing a lot of fur so we have Portie dust bunnies.

Woofing has begun. I guess they know it's a sardines and broccoli breakfast today as I forgot to thaw their food! Yick!

Back later.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Soon - Wow - your sister sounds like she is very lucky that your her sister.

Morning Ruth!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks,

Soon - Your sister asound like she's turned into bridezilla...or has she always been that demanding?

Freaky - glad you had a relaxing weekend. We did the same here and it was heaven.

Ruth - Have a great day!

We had a really quiet weekend here which was so refreshing. Both DH and I stayed OP for the weekend and he helped me cook up a bunch of stuff yesterday so at least the first few nights of the week dinner is pretty much taken care of. I just need to pick up some salad stuff at the store today and we'll be set.

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Freaky ~ Weekends always fly by too fast. Glad you had a ood one.

Soon ~ What a good sister you are, willing to do all that! Will she be willing to help you out when it's your turn?

Ruth ~ I'm hoping you are going to post some examples of your paintings for us, pretty please?

Kelly ~ Your DH sounds like a wonderful guy, helping you cook! Mine only knows how to use the microwave!

I'm off to Curves, then have a few errands to run before work, so I'll be in and out at least for this morning. I'm hoping Cindy can take the girls to their swim lessons this evening - that will mean I get to come home early!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Cottage - NO way will my sister help me......I'm more of a Martha Stewart she more of a Jessica Simpson (you know is this chicken or tuna....I know it's tuna but it says chicken of the sea...)
In my research though, I have my cake & my groom's cake already designed/planned out.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #8  

Default Hi Everyone

I can't even say Good Morning. My son is still sick and I have had it with this stuff. HE has asmatha and he is on 3 daily medications. HE has taken an antonibic, a steriod and cough medicine for the last month and still very sick. I am calling out today, just going in to do my time card and beeper stuff then pick up my middle child from preschool then take my oldest to the doctors and sit there until he does something. I have had it. HE is a great doctor but does he know what my son is going through. SO on top of that I haven't lost in a month. SO as stubburn as I am hoping I could follow my own diet it is not working. I found some sample diets online so I am starting on today! I can't go this slow forever so I am starting a new one. Wish me luck!!!!
WEll have to get the day started, I will pop back in later and let you all know how BRady is doing. My goal for today is to take time for me. After I take Keegan to school, get my work doen I should have about 1 hour. I am going to nap (safely) in the tanning booth!!!! Hip hip horray. I can't wait.
Have a gret OP day everyone!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! Well, Yesterday I weighed in and had put on 4 lbs since right before TOM started. I'm almost done and this morning I lost one of the pounds. I usually drop most of my water weight within a day or two of it being over so I'm not too worried. This month has just been a really bad swollen bloated one, more so than normal. Anyway!!

Last night I had pesto pork chops, the center cut tenderloin ones. Really good, I just followed the recipe (if you can call it that its so easy) in the yellow cookbook but used pork instead of chicken. It's better with chicken but it was still ok. NOt sure what to have for b'fast but it needs to be quick since I'm running late this morning.

Sorry no time to respond to everyone but have a fabulous day, my fellow beachies!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #10  

Good morning chicks! I just wanted to post a quick 'hi' before I run out the door. I've got a meeting at 9:30. After which, I plan on coming home and either running on the treadmill or doing Tae Bo. Then we've got laundry to start, grocery shopping to do, and brownies to make. I have another meeting at 6:30 and everybody has to bring a dessert. I dread it, not because of the temptation but because I'm so sick of sweets. It was mine and my husband's birthdays on Thursday and Friday and I am so sick of cake. I didn't eat that much but I guess I'm just not used to so much sugar. It made me feel jittery and sick to my stomach. I think I'll stick to water and almonds tonight.
Well, I'm off. I'll check back later.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks!!

Mama You should so frustrated- rightfully so. I hope you get some answers and that your son get some relief at the doctor's today.

Ruth I would love to see some of your artwork as well!!

Cottage Is Cindy your daughter? She is so lucky to have you! I don't know what I would do without my mom close. She is such a help to me with my daughters. They have a great relationship with her, which I just adore.

Soon My word- you are going to be busy!! I think that you can not only nix the wedding gift, but birthdays and Christmas for the next few years!

Pear, Freaky, Kelly, and US Good morning!!

Slept in until 7:15 this morning. It felt great! I am a bit tired though- DH and I watched the Oscars and then stayed up to watch a movie. We actually watched Crash- it won Best Picture.

Lots of cleaning needs to occur today! DD is having one of her little friends for a sleepover. The girl's parents left this morning for a cruise, so I offered to help by keeping her tonight. It should be fun as the two get along really well.

DH is home again today- yesterday turned out to be a great day. Very relaxing and just time together. We took the girls to the park and I walked 2 miles- that felt awesome!!

More caw-fee for this chick is needed...... back later!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/135/255

Default Happy Monday??

Good Morning Ladies!

Mama- Hope your son is doing better, I am sorry to hear about all that is going on with him.

Glad to see that most everyone had a decent weekend. On Saturday I wrote my last 2 papers for my online class, and now I am done. I just have to wait to get my final grades. What a huge relief. I am going back to school but, I am taking it extremely slow, because I have never been a school person. I babysat for my three cousins on Saturday night and cheated bad. They ordered breadsticks and salad from a pizza place, and I went crazy eating a ton of breadsticks. I am pretty mad at myself for giving in so easily. Hopefully it is just the fact that my "friend" is visiting whether it be MARGARET OR TOM. I am bloated and lost most of my motivation. After a lazy weekend , I feel better now that it's Monday and I back on schedule, but hopefully I can get back in the swing of things. Hope everyone has a great and stress free day.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #13  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning everyone! Sorry I've been awol this weekend but I never had a chance to get online one time. My weekend was filled with Girl Scout activities. On Saturday we had a cookie booth sale here at my work and it was cold and very windy but we sold 82 boxes so it was worth it! Then about an hour after I got home from the cookie sale we went to dinner at a friend's house where I was completely off plan for dinner but we had a good time. Sunday we had Sunday School then it was off to World Thinking Day for the Girl Scouts. I didn't get home until almost 5pm. It was a long afternoon but Abby had a good time.

So today I'm back at work and I'm starting to feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I think I'm just tired though. Whenever I let myself get too tired I start with flu like symptoms.

Freaky - Glad you had a good weekend with your son and your family.

soon2Bfab - Wow, wedding cakes are a big undertaking! Good luck!

Ruth - When will you know for sure if your dog is pregnant?

Kelly - My husband does not cook anything unless it's frozen pizza or hot dogs on the grill!

Mama - Sorry to hear about your son. It is very frustrating when nothing is working and your child just isn't getting any better. Hope you get some new answers today.

Cottage,Pear,umschoney - Have a great day!

Well, I guess I'd better get to work. My in-laws are leaving on Wednesday for Florida and I want our bills done before then.

Tyra
Old 03-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #14  

Those chicks whose husband's don't cook- don't feel too bad! My husband is a chef, culinary arts school and all, and doesn't cook a thing at home! He complains that it is all he does all day, so doesn't want to come home and do it. Sounds like a lame excuse to me!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #15  

Aaahh...weekends are pointless for me lately. They aren't restful, I eat HORRIBLY, and drink practically no water. I might as well be at work, where I'm vaguely disciplined.

Normally, the weekends just see me eating far less than I do on a typical weekday. This weekend, I discovered two new SB-friendly dessert treats -- Blue Bunny fruity creme pops and fudge pops. Both are sugar-free and fat-free and have 70 calories apiece. What do I do? Eat too many of them! Far beyond my sweets allowances. But they were so good!

I still lost weight on my weigh-in this morning, down about 2.5 pounds. It probably won't stick, though.

Hope everyone's doing great. I'll be WICKED(!) busy today at work, so no time to linger!...................
Closed Thread