The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #1  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Default Australia's Biggest Loser

First off, STOP CRYING! I know they've probably been told to, but GOD is it annoying.

Secondly, I don't think the mums who are doing it for their kids will keep it off. It has to be for them.

Thirdly, can't STAND Cat. It all seemed so rehersed.

I adored Fiona. She reminds me so much of me (even though I can't imange letting a guy string me along for that long. I hoped she kicked his arse after that)

Guys didn't really make an impression on me.

Ajay Rochester bugs the **** out of me. Hon? Blonde hair so dosen't suit you. Plus, she is the walking advertisment for weight training while losing weight.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #2  
Central Coast Chick

I'm with you on all points.

The crying, oh man, it's only the first night!

I really like Fiona too, and the 44yr woman (can't think of her name right now). I didn't mind the bald guy either. (as you can see, I didn't quite get all of their names. lol)

I'm glad i know about Cat, that's all I'm saying. lol
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 AM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Well - pretty interesting i must say. For those of you interested below is the link to the Aust TBL site. Looks really good.

The Bigggest Loser Australia

I really felt for all of the contestants. if it were me up there i bet i would have been crying too. the moment when harry talked about his son wanting him to park around the corner of his school to drop him off, so his friends wouldn't see him brought me to tears.

it must be a huge reality shock for all of them. it is one thing to know that you are overweight, but to be put in a position where it is flaunted in front of you and the nation, must be overwhelming.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:09 AM   #4  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

oh forgot to add that jillian and bob looked hot!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:23 AM   #5  
Bringing Sexy Back!

Actully that story about the kid, pissed me off. What kind of kid DOES that to their dad? I grew up with a big dad, and I would have died a thousand deaths before I did that to him. Sure, my dad embarrasses the **** out of me at times, but that? Is COLD.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:34 AM   #6  

Default Tbl

oh you're all being so harsh and it was only the first night!
loving it already! Actually i say that as i sit here eating rice pudding... he he!

PS. anyone know a good program for changing video files into .avi?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #7  
Bringing Sexy Back!

Wish I could help, hopefully someone else can help.

I'm such a *****, this is only the start
Old 02-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #8  
Central Coast Chick

Cool

I feel for them too, I really do, I just don't think the shows producers need to show them crying all the time. I bet there were times when they shared things about themselve that were full of emotion, with no tears, that they could have shown. But instead they inundate us with the tears. I'm having a go at the producers, not the contestants.

About the kid. Kids are mean, they do that to parents whether the parents are fat or not. Ya just gotta hope that they grow out of it. Either that or just try to embarass them more.

I'm looking forward to seeing who Bob (who's so hot ) and Jillian pick.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:16 AM   #9  
Bringing Sexy Back!

Awww, Fiona! *hugs* She's so me! The asthma attack when exercising, the "OMG! HE DOSEN'T REALLY WANT ME!" look when she was the last one picked. I really think they should have discussed out of those two who they wanted, so they could have made it more, 'you're the last one picked!'

Also, why is Gretel Killen hosting this show?

Last edited by Renny Sue; 02-14-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:59 AM   #10  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Its not Gretel, it is AJ Rochester, and honestly that outfit last night did not suit her, she looks like she should be joining in, and lifting some weights for those arms. I know I'm mean.

I found out tonite, that a friend of my sisters is the Medic for the show and is living in the mansion. Lucky bugger, but he has had to sneak any junk food into the mansion, or its gone. My sister said that Fiona is the favourite, everybody loves girl and Artie the kitchen assistant, is gay. But I picked that up straight away. Unfortunately she couldn't give me any more gossip. Evidently both Bob and Jillian are pushing them hard, but Jillian is respected and loved more.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:06 AM   #11  
Bringing Sexy Back!

I know its AJ Rochester, that was my point. She looks, acts, and sounds like Gretel.

Fiona is the only one I can stand at this point. Muscly dude is a douchebag, "Its what you can expect from a woman"
Old 02-14-2006, 04:18 AM   #12  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

lol, sorry, tired brain, didn't see your sarcasm, yes I think she is trying to be who she isn't. What do yo think of AJ
Old 02-14-2006, 05:07 AM   #13  
Bringing Sexy Back!

Cannot STAND her. I've read both her books, and she is a sanctimonious cow. She had a lot of issues, going from aneroxic to obese within a decade. So for her, everyone who is fat, stuffs themselves with **** food ALL the time. Medical issues? Don't exisit. Part of the reason I'm overweight is because I have PCOS (and I think Fiona might have it too, we have very simillar body shapes), the other part because I didn't exercise and ate ****. But I didn't overeat at meals. (when she went to Maccas, she'd eat three Big Macs, PLUS other things. I do NOT do that. My defenition of overeating is a large meal)

Plus, she's SOOOOO wooden.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:14 AM   #14  
Central Coast Chick

Yeah, she is a Gretal wanna-be. I don't know who she is beyond this show but she is annoying me anyway. lol.

Big Wal is annoying me already too. And why can't they just show the challenge without having anyone tell us what they were doing through out it? You knew by the way they were talking after the second round who was going to win. Let the tension mount people! lol. I'm think i might start taping it so i can FF the bits that annoy.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:32 AM   #15  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

OK, officially jealous here! I want to see this show too! Wonder if it will ever be aired in the US?