Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #1  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

Smile New to 3FC and veggie too!

I there, I joined 3FC a couple of days ago and I really think that this forum will be a great help in my weight loss!

I've introduced myself on the UK chicks and the 20 somethings so I thut tha seeing as I'm a veggie I'd introduce myself here too.

For as long as I can remember I 've struggled with my weight and I've been yo-yo-ing up and down (more up than down ) for the last 6 years but I've decided that its now or never. I've promised myself that I'll lose weight and keep it off for good this time!!

BTW - I've been veggie for nearly nine years now!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

to 3fc Sassy-Sarah! The veggie-chicks forum tends to be a bit quiet sometimes so I’m glad to meet another veggie to get acquainted with.

Just out of curiosity what type of veg diet do you follow? I’m lacto-ovo but gradually cutting back dairy and eggs. Someday I aspire to be vegan but I’m just not quite there yet.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #3  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

Well I do eat dairy and fish ( I know a lot of people don't believe thats a real vegetarian), but I only eat free range stuff.

What are your reasons for being veggie?

Do you find it hard to stick to a diet beng vegetarian?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Personally, I found that sticking to a healthier way of eating turned me veggie! I don't "diet" as such, but I found myself eating more vegetables and beans, and less meat (particularly red and processed meat), to the point where I was eating maybe one chicken breast a week, which I've now decided to cut out.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #5  
Red Sox Nation! :)

S/C/G: 280/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I'm a 20something veggie too.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I've been vegetarian for almost 17 years now. I'm currently ovo-lacto, but went through a mostly vegan phase for a few years too. That ended in the second trimester of my first pregnancy, when my dh's cheese and mushroom omlette suddenly looked irresistable and I ended up eating half of it.

I find it hard to stick to a diet, but I don't think being vegetarian has anything to do with it. I think it's easier to stick to a healthy, cheap diet while being vegetarian, as long as you don't rely too much on processed "meat" products. It's usually the junk food/sweets/rich foods that do me in. Chocolate bars and chips are vegetarian. Even homemade cookies with wheat germ, raisins and walnuts have lots of calories! And my favourite homemade vegetable samosas are fried.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #7