South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Freaky Friday

Sorry Ladies, I just cound not resist the whole Freaky Friday bit. Anyhoo, TGIF and All that Jazz!!!

Has anyone seen that movie witht the dogs "8 Below" I think it is called? I was curious how it was. Hurray, my son is with me this weekend and I am planning to have a great Mommy/Son weekend. I especially love Saturday mornings when we snuggle on the couch before getting motivted for the day. I am desperately in need of a grocery shopping trip and a cooking session so that will most likely take place on Sunday. No other plans for the weekend so far.

Well, I have done better this last couple days with my food choices but I'm still not doing a perfect phase 1. I would like to tighten that up a bit today and for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a Freaky Friday and I'll be catchin up with all of you on the weekend.

Last edited by freaky; 03-03-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Freaky Friday! Somehow, I was expecting that from you! Sounds like a great weekend is ahead for you, Freaky. Enjoy the time together with your son.

I'm back on track, the scale is showing I'm down 1 lb! I even managed to get in a whopping 72 oz. of water yesterday! So now I'm off to Curves to get in a "power workout".

See you all later!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chicks!

Freaky - thanks for the smile this morning Hope you have a great weekend with your son.

Cottage - wow! 72 oz of water - that is great!

I'm down the 2 lbs I gained from falling off the wagon track last week so today is starting out okay. The snow missed us yesterday so that puts me in a better mood too.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it was bound to happen eventually! Freaky Friday indeed!
I've not seen "8 Below" but the Girls really like the preview ads. I'm sure your son will love it. Your weekend plans sound great. Enjoy!

Cottage, isn't it great to see that darn scale move? So motivating! Did you get dumped on by that big storm? :snow:

Big at Kelly! I'm glad you missed the snow and even happier about the two pounds.

Never got back in here to post much yesterday although I was in off and on to answer questions and do other stuff. I had a really busy day but got lots of home stuff done. Some days I feel like I'm just goofing off or running around in circles.

Today is dawning clear, bright and cold. Lucy must be preggers because she's still asleep. On the other hand, she could be partially cooked because I sure had that stove raring when I went to bed.

What's happening on your part of the snowy or sandy Beach? HAve a great day.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:51 AM   #5  

Mornin' everyone.

Freaky - Have a great time with your son this weekend! I haven't seen 8 Below yet, but I have heard good things about it.

Cottage and Kelly - Keep workin' that scale, baby!

Ruth - Enjoy your weekend!

I probably won't get a chance to post tomorrow. I'm off to "the belly of the beast" for me food-wise - my parent's house. My Mom always has a ton of food around for everyone, and despite my repeatedly explaining to her what kinds of food I should have, it's always starch, starch, and more starch. (Heavy sigh.) I've got a few things to take with me, so I'll be able to eat what I take. Oh well, it's my Dad's 81st birthday tomorrow, so it will be good to have some family time.

Off to Curves. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:57 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies.

Cold this morning with just a scift of snow, I am eating my Oatmeal with cinnamon and drinking my coffee.... Today is Math Mid terms, I am slowly getting stressed about it.. but it is first thing this morning so It will be over by noon.. Then I have a week to stress my results..ugh... I ate all day yesterday,, stayed OP just ate a lot.. "Aunt Margaret" is coming for her monthly visist.. Glad there were no sweet cravings..

Take Care All
Old 03-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #7  

Talking Good Morning everyone

Sounds like everyone is ready to face the day today. Me too.
Remeber yesterday and previous days with all my whining that I am not loosing. Welllll I went to the doctors yesterday. Since Jan 6th I have lost 17lbs!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled. My doctor almost did a cartwheel. HE said if I keep up this good work he will be able to eliminate my medicine for ever.
This is the man that said 6 months ago if I kept going the way I was I was looking at a heart transplant in less then 5 years and I am only 33.
My blood pressure was great yesterday and my eco results said my heart is finally in a normal range_ I am so excited. I finally feel like I am taking steps to ensure I can watch my babies grow up.
Now what I have to say to all of you. I can't thank everyone here enough for all your support. I know coming here everyday is really helping me. I have a long way to go but with all of you I know I can do this. Thank so much everyone. Have a great day.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Mamahulk -

"I told you so"

Old 03-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Holy cow I'm making it on today. Just a quick fly by. I've been just swamped, and this weekend is the weekend I have to host/prepare food for/decorate for/clean up after a reception for 2 of the teachers. I'm preparing food for 300 people. Yeesh! That starts tomorrow.

Stayed in instead of kick boxing last night. I had mounds of laundry that needed done, and we were out of clean dishes, so I stayed home and did house work that couldn't be put off any longer. I'm hoping to get some exercise in this evening since I don't have piano.

Hope you all are doing fine!

Lisa
Old 03-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

That is very good news Mamahulk,,, I am happy for you..
Old 03-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Morning!
Mama - Thanks fantastic news....so happy for you!
Freaky - your weekend sounds lovely!
Ruthie - Your furbabies watch TV too huh? My little kitten likes to watch too!
Crockett - Me too with the visit...err. Oh well....
Jana - Enjoy visiting your parents!
Kelly - great job with the 2 lbs
Cottage - I START CURVES TODAY!! I have my appt at 10...very excited!
Well I'm off from work....I have my Curves appt, put my AVON order in, a little laundry & then I'm going to be a lazy bum & do some scrapbooking!
Have a great day!!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Heyya Weezle..we posted at the same time!!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #13  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning everyone!

Mama - Congrats on your weight loss and the good news from your doctor! Keep up the good work!

Weezle - Good luck with the reception planning, sounds like an awful lot.

soon2Bfab - Hope you enjoy Curves, I went there for awhile and really liked it. I don't know why I haven't gone back though.

Crock - My "Aunt Margaret" just left, I hate when she visits!

Freaky - Enjoy your weekend with your son. My son wants to see that movie too.

As for me, I am doing pretty good. I'm officially in Phase 2 now so this morning I had the Sunrise Parfait for breakfast. It was pretty good, such a change from what I've been eating though.

I finally dug out my scale so I could weigh myself. I hid my scale because my oldest daughter was getting on it constantly and I didn't think that was healthy so I hid the scale and had a long discussion with her. This was last year. So, I decided that I needed to practice what I preach and I stopped getting on the scale so much myself. The last time I weighed myself I was around 201 or so but that was well before the holidays. I did not weigh myself before starting SB, call it denial but I just didn't want to focus so much on what the scale says. All I know is that my jeans were tight, my shirts weren't fitting so nicely across my belly and now everything fits great. This morning I weighed in at 200 even, I was hoping for a lower number but I guess I weighed more than I thought before I started SB. I plan on weighing once a week though, I just can't weigh myself daily, I let the numbers rule me too much. What that scale says can ruin my day so easily.

Well, the kids don't have school today and I'm not sure what we're going to do. I'd like to cook some but I also need to get the girl's some lacrosse gloves for practice tomorrow. It's going to be cold so they need gloves.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Tyra
Old 03-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #14  

Mama - Inspiring to see what a positive difference you have made for your health and life!!
Freaky - I am seeing a movie with my 13 yr old daughter later today...love that she still wants to go with her MOM!
Ruthie - Keep us posted on the puppy pregnancy....
Crockett - Margaret is a FINE name...hope the visit goes okay.
Jana - Have a great weekend.
Kelly - fabulous loss
Lisa Take some time for YOU after its all over! Maybe get in an extra weekend workout.
Cottage - weight training does help....hard to fit it in with cardio (cylcing in my case) filling my schedule so full. Congrats on your curves success!
Soon - good luck at curves! Let us know how you like it.
Tyra - I am in my own special "denial zone" right now. I can feel that I have gained and don't want to know if its more than a couple of pounds. My scale is banished for a week.
Barb loved your tip about reading about diabetes...it is motivating!

My deal....I do perfectly well until 4 pm and then I want to eat everything and sight. I did return to spinning yesterday and did a one hour interval class. Back at it today at noon. Now if I can just transfer the discipline to my eating! I did a veggie inventory in my fridge so I am off to the store to stock up on weekend necessities.
Have a great one all!
Meg
Old 03-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mamahulk ~ See, we told you that all your hard work would eventually pay off! I'm really happy for you!

Ruth ~ We only got a dusting of snow, ice was the big problem around here, but it wasn't nearly as bad as they predicted.

Soon ~ Hurray for joining Curves! I hope you love it as much as I do. It really depends on your club and how it's managed. Our managers keep on top of things and make it a lot of fun.

Kelly ~ Congratulations on your 2 lb loss!

JanaJ ~ My Curves buddy, have a great workout! Be careful eating at your Mom's. My mother is always trying to feed me, too, when I visit. She's "old country" Italian, and it's just in her blood. It's always "mangia, mangia" at her house.

3DM ~ Have a great day with your kids!

MsCrockett ~ Hope you do well on your Math exam today - !

Weezle ~ Oh my, sounds like you're going to be busy with your cooking fest! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Focused ~ Good morning, have fun in the veggie department, I just came from the store and stocked up on fresh veggies, too!

I'm free until 11 today. Housework is done, so I can just goof off for a while. I was thinking of going to my daughter's for the weekend, but I haven't talked to her and told her of my plans, so maybe I'd better call her first. They may be coming here, instead.

Barb, thanks for answering my question. If I do make the Indian Chicken again, I'm going to add some peppers and chili paste to it, and stir in some yogurt before serving. Tonight we're having Shrimp Alfredo with spagetti squash. I had to buy more mushrooms, the ones I was going to use yesterday were unsalvageable. I hate to have to throw out food, especially vegetables. . But it inspired me to finally get around to cleaning the refrigerator, which is a job I had been puttting off way too long. So that's another thing I got accomplished yesterday.
Closed Thread