Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 09:20 PM   #1  

Thumbs down I walk and need motivation to keep me going

Hi........I started walking in Feb. of this year. Have lost 25 pounds.....but.......for the past 2 months I have not walked any. A lot of stressful things has happened to me in the past 2 months and I have lost my desire. I am not focused now and I can't seem to get it back. I need help and motivation to get me back on track. Anyone got any advise.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:35 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

Do you want it bluntley or softly?
I've been walking since April 2001. There are lots of days, when I just don't feel like walking..right now is a good example. I will do anything to get out of going outside and putting one foot in front of the other. I've lost over 50pounds, I don't want to gain it back. Your motivation has to be from you, and only you!!!
My motivation right for me this moment...get off your fat (ok less fat) a** and move!!! or it will become a fat a** once again.
Walking is good for you..body and soul. Look at it as a time, when you can think....I find it very relaxing..and sometimes the hour I walk, is just tooooo short..mind you, not for my legs, or feet, but for me. I love the time alone...I plan my day, and think about what I'm going to do tomorrow. Good Luck
You've already seen the benefits of walking...do you want all your effort to go to waste???
Old 10-09-2001, 08:16 AM   #3  

Default Re: I walk and need motivation to keep me going

Quote:
Originally posted by skinnyminnie
Hi........I started walking in Feb. of this year. Have lost 25 pounds.....but.......for the past 2 months I have not walked any. A lot of stressful things has happened to me in the past 2 months and I have lost my desire. I am not focused now and I can't seem to get it back. I need help and motivation to get me back on track. Anyone got any advise.

Skinnyminnie... My motivation and advice to you is, walking isn't the only exercise we can do... I to get tired of walking,(depressed) so I switch... Any fitness expert and WW leaders will suggest we all change, so that we don't become bored or dis-satisfied with our routines of exercise... I will walk some months out of the year, then do in home exercises... It's about keeping it real and fun... Exercise can be fun... No, I am not one of those people who loves to exercise, but I have found tapes that help me continue... Try Leslie Sansones indoor walking tapes, there are tons of them... I have the 20 min tae bo, Susan Pewter, you name it... It's ok to change, infact it's best and good that we do... Yes, the motivation can be you have already lost some weight, but you don't want to lose out to weight gain...

Again, it's good to change up once in a while... That is from the experts as well... Keep on pushing for your goal.. .

Don't forget... Change is Good...

Denise...
Old 10-10-2001, 09:43 PM   #4  

I love to walk myself.. I have not for a little while since I have feet injury and am trying to figure out what is going on and what to do. Luckly I mentioned this to my doc, and he is getting new foot inserts and told me to get rid of my current shoes. I umm dont have the best shoes... anyways...

I find it most exciting to walk after lunch for 1/2 hour with my husband. I find that the talking we can do is needed and enjoyable, and I use my interactive map program to find new exciting routes.
Challenge yourself, find someone to challenge you. That also works for me at times.

PUt it in your plan.. when I did not have enough time, and my feet hurt.. I thought I could do it after work. YA... RIGHT!!!! hahaha.. anyways...

Lynock has the right answer about motivation.. it comes from within.. find within, what tends to motivate you...
I know for me it's being challenged.. writing down a goal on a group and then going out and showing them I CAN do it!!!

WEll.. got to get back to work.. but It's great to be able to talk to people online again, been out of it WAY toooo long!!!

Steffi
Old 11-22-2001, 08:37 AM   #5  

Default leslie sansone

was happy to hear someone mention the leslie sansone tapes. i am really looking for a support group who uses the leslie tapes. i bought mine a month ago and REALLY enjoy doing them. i come home from work looking forward to doing leslie. i use the walk away the pounds series. 3 tapes. one is 1 mile, the second is 2, and you guessed it the third is 3. the one mile is easy, but i do it when time or motivation is limited. i mostly alternate from 2-3 miles. really would like to find another fan of leslie's......
Old 11-24-2001, 01:47 AM   #6  

Hi Mary!

I received my walk away the pounds tapes by Leslie Sansone a few months ago and have been meaning to start doing them for a long while now. It seems like a great all around program with the weighted balls and all, I just need the motivation to get up and get with the program. Need to loose about 55 pounds and get into better cardiovascular shape and am hoping these tapes will help me to do that! Help, I need motivation!

Lisa
Old 11-24-2001, 08:43 AM   #7  

Default leslie tapes

leslie tapes are motivating in it of themselves. you start out very slow and work up to intensity and then just when you are soaking wet with sweat from 4 very simple leg moves, she's ready for a cool down. as i said, i look forward to leslie everyday!!! can't say as i have ever looked forward to working out. i noticed toning in just a week. my legs are stronger, more tone, my butt has shrunk a lot. i have lost 52 lbs w/weight watchers and have saggy baggy skin that needs toning, i have seen results!! i still have another 65 lbs to lose. i know that leslie will help me finish that off. the great thing is that i can do leslie anytime i want, i can't walk outside anymore (l live in vt) and i have a 3 year old who's not partial to going for walks at 9:00 at night when i feel like going. leslie is awesome, try her. i really hope for a walking partner. could you, would you?
Old 11-24-2001, 09:17 AM   #8  
deleted2

Default Treadmills

I have a treadmill at home and my hsband and I both use it. It's great--it's right there, don't have to worry about the weather or making it to the gym, etc.
We have ours set up in the bedroom in front of a TV and we watch while we walk. I always say that way I can watch any trashy thing I want and not be embarrassed as long as I'm walking.
It's a great investment---if something happened to my beloved treadmill I'd be out today buying another one! Mine is a Pro-form [from Sears], they have a good selection and wide price ranges. Over 5 years old and still going strong. It's just so nice to have it at home so you have no excuses not to walk! I can always fit in 20 min. here and there. Yesterday I walked thru an entire movie--6 1/2 miles!!!

Old 11-24-2001, 12:00 PM   #9  

Default treadmill

6 1/2 miles!!!! congrats girl!!.

treadmills are also a great get up and go motivator. i had one, before i was ready, collected dust and dried laundry on it. i sold it last fall and then was ready for it. paid like $450 from sears for it and sold it for like $250. stupid move, mary. wish i had it now. i used to watch guiding light while on the treadmill and would speed up during the commercials and back to normal during the walk. i had the treadmill for 4 years and used it like 1 of those 4 years.

keep up the awesome work. was going to suggest a challenge to do 12 miles for the week, but sounds like you're already marathon material.

thanks for joining in.

297/243/180
Closed Thread