Old 02-27-2006, 08:37 AM   #16  

Good Morning Ladies
Can't believe its Monday again and I am back in this place Did either
of you guys happen to see the Womans World issue this week about
Kristie Allie? WW gave you the cheap way of doing the Nutra System plan.
I went straight to the grocery store and bought the pre-packaged foods
for myself, my DH, and sons James and Sean to give it a whirl. I eat
300 calories for breakfast 1/2 cup all bran, 1/3 cup bran buds 8 oz. skim
milk for the cereal and 2 eggs whites. For lunch I have tuna, raw veggies
and tomatoe juice. My snacks are yoghart in the afternoon, a grapefruit
in the morning, I will eat a frozen dinner for supper and I am still able to
have a snack of my choice (even a hostess cupcake if I feel like one) and
the grand total of calories is as best as I can do the math 1400-1500 calories
spread throughout the day. What do you think? Sounds like its worth a try.
She looks like a million bucks and shes in her 50's so she must have all the
hormonal problems slowing down her metabolism too. To me this sounds like
a great idea.
How are you both doing? Nikki, sounds like your weather is great. Our is still
pretty darn cool at the moment.
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:58 AM   #17  

Anne,
That sounds like a great plan. Kirsty Allie has always been so gorgeous. Just a real knock out. I think she is funny too, although her show, Fat Actress wasn't for me and I didn't find much humor in it. She does look great, but I think most Hollywood people make regular visits to their plastic surgeons to help them keep looking like they are 25. I would too if I had the money. Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #18  

Hi everyone,
We got our income taxes done this morning. We'll be getting a refund and I am thinking possibly a new kitchen sink is in order. We wanted to change it when we moved in here, but never seemed to get around to it. I keep cleaning it with bleach, but the yellow stains just don't seem to come out very well.

It's a nice sunny day, but a bit on the cool side. It's supposed to warm up as the week goes on, being in the 80's by Thurs./Fri.,

Anne, that plan really sounds great, and Kirstie Allie really looks fabulous. I'll have to check out Women's World this week. Went into Amazon to listen to Unchained Melody on that Barry Manalow CD. It's really great. I have to buy that CD. I'll be going shopping during the week when my GF arrives tomorrow so I'll get it then. Thank you for telling us about it. How much snow did you get on Sat.?

Nikki, went to Walmart this morning but didn't find any PN organic oranges or lemons. But, I did buy a bag of PN organic baby carrots. They also had some organic grapefruit, but they weren't PN. Why don't you make some of SS egg crepes with some of the eggs, they freeze very well. They make a fantastic lasagna and you can cut them up and use them as noodles in soup. Do you have her Fast & Easy cookbook? The recipe for the egg crepe lasagna is in there.

Gotta go finish cleaning the house, as my girlfriend is arriving tomorrow. I vacuumed a few days ago, but I just want to run the vacuum over the carpet & floor one more time.

Enjoy your day.
Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #19  

Morning Gals,
Ali, I hope you get a really nice sink. What do you have in mind? Crystals bathtub is procelain and we have bleached it several times, scrubbed it with comet and let it set on there over night, I can't remember what else. We can't get it white. I bought some rust remover spray and she is going to try that. I don't know if it will help any. I'm thinking she will have to have that tub resurfaced eventually. It's her guest bath though, so not as important as her master bath.
I am dreaming of a day when I can get a new sink too. I would like to have a really nice faucet this time, no more Walmart specials. It will be a few years for that however. I also informed Marty that I want granite counter tops. My counter tops are so tiny, it would not cost that much and it would really make the kitchen pop. He ususally lets me take care of the details, he just figures out the big designs.
Ali, have you tried any of those organic carrots yet and if so, do you think they taste any different? The oranges are absolutely different. They aren't uniform, the skin is full of orange oil and it gets on my fingers (I like it though), the peel reminds me of what peels use to be, rather than peeling off easily in one piece, they are more like a real orange. They do tastes different, but I can't describe how.
I'm taking Sugar in to get spayed today. I hope that will settle her down some. If not, then I am going to introduce her to Tony gradually and let her be an outdoor cat. She would enjoy it much more anyway, as she loves to chase, hunt and stalk things.
TTYL, Nikki
Old 02-28-2006, 07:15 AM   #20  

OOPS, forgot to say, thanks for the suggestion about the egg crepes. I do have that book. I have never had success with making them. I think, it's because my stove is electric and it's harder to control the heat.
I will probably make some biscuits and fill them with eggs and sausage, then freeze. They are great for instant breakfasts as they only take 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave to heat up. It's something the old man can do when he gets home from work and is hungry. It has saved us a lot of money too, not running to McD's for the same thing.
I might try this batch with turkey sausage, eggs whites with only a few yolks and see how they turn out.
TTYL, Nikki
Old 02-28-2006, 07:49 AM   #21  

Good morning

I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and will have breakfast shortly as I feel like I'm getting hungry.

Nikki, my egg crepes don't come out all that great either, but I figure they're going to get mooshed up anyway in the lasagna. One afternoon I caught an episode of Everyday Italain on the Food Network and she was making egg crepes. I printed out her recipe on how to do it. Your biscuits, eggs, & sausage sound delicious. I haven't had the carrots yet, but I will let you know how they taste. I got them for a snack for DH & I to eat on the way to the airport to pick up my GF. Her plane doesn't come in until 6:30 and we don't know when we'll get a chance to eat supper. We will eat at the airport after her plane lands. The sink I'm thinking of getting is made from some sort of accrylic (sp?) and it's white, it also comes in black. I saw the sink I wanted in Lowes. I would love to get a new counter top at the same time. The one we have now stains very easily. I'm always putting Soft Scrub on the stains and rubbing it with a little brush. I think Sugar will calm down a little once she's spayed, Pepper, our cat did a little, but it was more noticeable when she got older. Good luck to Sugar today.

Anne, hope you have a good day at work today.

TTYL,
Ali
Old 03-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #22  

HI!
Ali, did you eat the carrots and were they any different? Bet your having a great time with you GF being there. Have fun!

It's not getting as warm as they said it would today and it's cloudy, so that will keep it down some too. I guess I'll stay inside. I have too many other things going on anyway. I am letting Sugar stay at the vets until this afternoon. They always tell you to keep the kitty's calm and not to let them jump. Like that is a possiblity. I figure if she is in a small cage over there, it will help. I know that the big cats are really enjoying this time without her, they are acting like their oldselves again. When she gets home, I'm going to keep her in her room for a few days to try to keep her calmer and also, there isn't anything to jump on in there.

Anne, hope things are going ok with you. I got your cute poem this morning about the flu, thanks for sending it.

I started to exercise again this morning. Marty is trying to get back on track too, so that helps. It's hard to be positive when your old man is being negative. It's always better to be on the same page.

TTYL, Nikki
Old 03-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #23  

Hi!
Just got back from shopping. Both of us are rather tired. Last night we stayed up until 12:30 am gabbing and we were on the road this morning around 9:00.

Nikki, I did eat some of the carrots and they were good. They tasted the same as non-organic carrots, but it was nice knowing they didn't have any pesticides or anything on them. Sorry that it didn't get warm like they said it would. Will it get warmer towards the end of the week? It got to around 80° here today. I guess by now you've picked Sugar up from the Vet. How is she doing? That's great your DH is on track with you, it really helps having someone else dieting along with you.

Anne, I too got your cute poem. Thank you for sending it. How was work yesterday for you? Hope you're having a good day today.

Take care,
Ali
Old 03-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #24  

Hi Guys:
Would you beleive after getting that nasty email from it turns out
we didn't post anything incorrectly I have be toying with the
idea of complaining to H.R.
We did not even get so much as an apology from The problem with
complaining is this. First of all it inflames already tense working conditions
with this woman. Secondly so many people have complained over these
last three years and nothing is done. This organization stands behind its
managment no matter what. Sometimes I think it takes more out of you
than its worth. This woman won't change and thats for sure.
Nikki, hope Sugar is feeling ok. Krammer is going on Monday for his little
nip nip and tuck. My mom and sister are hoping like you that this settles
him down abit. I haven't had Toby done yet because his behaviour is fine
so far. My husband hates the idea of that surgery. He seems to take it
so personally
Aleka, glad to hear you and your GF are having a good time.
Did either of you guys watch Larry King last night? It was a tribute to
Don Knotts. They had Andy G. on and Ron Howard.
Talk to you later.
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #25  

Morning Guys,
Sugar is doing fine. I don't really know if it helps females much or not. I do know with males, it does as it decreases their desire to want to mate or run away and find a female. Less hormones raging and they pay attention better too. I think they are easier to train, because their minds aren't on one thing. It probably will help Kramer alot. My husband was the same way, Anne, when we had the male cats done. Afterward, he realized how much better cats they were though, so even if he's not for it, he understands it.
I took Sugar to a different vet. She discovered that Sugar has 2 other kinds of bacterial over growths. So she sold me a couple of antibiotics and hopefully, she will be healthy from now on.
That's amazing about . That's true about management defending them. Laura has had a bad experience at Walmart because she complained about some people that she had to cover for when they took their breaks (they would take 1/2 hour breaks instead of 15 minutes). Not that she cared how long they took a break for, but she had to cover their area and hers too. Well, that started a long battle between them and now, the woman that hates her the most is going to be her supervisor. Fortunately, she just got a job working at the snack bar, so she is more than happy to be moving out of that department. It's fewer hours, but she can get off at 9pm instead of working until 11pm.
Speaking of good news, her husband got a good job at 3M. He starts on the 13th. We are all so relieved. They have really struggled the past couple of years since the companies they worked for downsized and let them go. No more traveling out of town to work for either of them.
I hardly ever watch Larry King. I think it's because he's on so late and I'm usually half asleep by then. That must have been a touching show to watch though. I really liked Don Knotts.
TTYL, Nikki