Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile March Alternachick chat

Glad you are feeling good today Tani! (see end of February chat thread)

Today is nice and sunny but pretty cold (-20 with the wind) - not sure if I will going out for a walk today or not.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #2  

Well this evening bites big time! I had tickets to go see a concert and it got cancelled at the last minute But at least we can get a refund.

We went out to dinner instead and saw Ultraviolet - it was pretty good. I was expecting a nonsense plot, lots of fight scenes, a lot of fancy camera work and Mila Jovovich kicking butt while managing to look stylish the whole time - and that's what we got
Old 03-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'6

Well... Today was busy.. I cut 22 ppls heads. UGH... But I made okay money. My bf made me mad cause he wanted to start playing d&d twice a week instead of the one night I allow him to play.. He is just makin me soo mad.. Cause he cant see what the big deal is.. I fiannlly got saturdays off after 4 years and he has to be at his D&D game at 6pm and likes to go earlyer and he stays out till 2 in the morning sooo.. I dont want to have to deal with that 2 days a week. Cuase i cant sleep till he comes home cause I worry (I am a huge worry wart) about him gettting hit by a car or somthin...Ugh And my house is dirty cause I am tired of cooking and cleaning...
Old 03-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Chlorform, tell you're bf that my husband says he should be overjoyed that he gets to play once a week We both play, but about twice a month.

We have to take my poor kitty into the vet this morning. I'm really worried. What I thought was just a random kitty stomach thing obviously isn't, she's not able to keep any food or water down. Spare some warm fuzzies for my fuzzy if you will.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #5  
Urianna - the Unknown

S/C/G: 270/240/150

Default kitty fuzzies galore...

I've recently lost a beloved furbaby - and I hope that yours will recover soon. I miss mine badly and I wish that I could curse each and every speeding car that goes down my road . I hope the vet's visit will cure whatever ailment your lil furry one is having.

Hannah
Old 03-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

chlor - I swear that statement could have been made by me. I wonder if they play in the same game. it's so annoying. every friday night he leaves at 6:30 and doesn't come come til 1 or 2 am, and like you i have to stay up til he comes home.
i so don't get the whole D&D thing, though I did enjoy the PS2 games we played based on them. I try to be tolerant but i find it really hard when he goes almost every week. if he started going more than once a week i'd have to start administering some beatings. *L*

i get in that same mood too, nobody cares if i clean so @#^% it. and then i can't stand it anymore and i clean and am even more angry because nobody helps me. it's hard to get out of that mindset.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'6

Yeh.. He played saterday also.. He didnt get home to about 3 or 4 and didnt come to bed till around five.. Which is soo sucky becuase I wake up when he comes in and I have to get up at like 8 to go to work.. blah... I wish he would play somthing more active.. I would play but I dont want to have a commentment every fri and sat night what if one of my friends wants to do somthing random.. I cant wait till I lose wieght because I LOVE roller coasters and theme parks... Mostly in the winter cause its nice and walking around looking at all the stuff. But what if like when I lose this weight and want to go dale has to play his stupid d&d and doesnt want to go. Blah.... He really needs to do somthing active.. I am trying not to be obsesive about it cause I get that way.. Sunday wasnt that busy but as it always is with working with 14 women (only 5 on sunday) DRAMA crazyness. Blah.... Well So much to do not enought time or money...
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #8  

Chloriform - my DH stays up until 1 or 2 a.m. playing City of Heroes on-line almost every night while I go to bed at 11 p.m. It's annoying because I am a light sleeper so when he comes to bed I wake up and then can't get back to sleep.

But I look at it this way, he doesn't drink, do drugs or stay out until all hours of the morning with me not knowing where he is so I don't really mind him playing a game.

He used to rehearse two nights a week with his band so on those nights I took dance classes or went out with my friends it kept me busy and stopped me from being resentful because he wasn't home. Maybe you could set up a night out with your friends on the days he plays D&D or try to get a compromise of one Saturday per month he goes on a date night with you and skips D&D.

Tani - hope your cat will be okay
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #9  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Thanks for the kitty well wishes They've run a million tests on her and had her on an iv during the day for the last 2 days to rehydrate her. The problem seems to be her liver. The good news is that she seems to be responding to the fluids and antibiotics. I actually got her to eat some canned chicken last night and drink lots of water. Hopefully they won't have to put her back on the iv this morning.

Man, its hard to look more pathetic than a sick cat in a cone collar with a shaved belly.

The other good news is that though I was sorely tempted, I didn't in fact consume all the sugary goods in my house over the last two days.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #10  

Hi Alternachicks --

I've been lurking for a while...back on SBD and back here on 3FC. Good to see some of the same Alternachicks -- Mauvais still holding down the fort so to speak, lizziness here too and hangin' in there.

Just wanted to say hi and check in...and also to tell Tani that those before and after pix are awesome! Very inspiring. And, I am sending good vibes to your kitty -- despite the fact that I am the "Bird Lady" I am a real cat lover too with a 7 year old Siamese mix.

Catch you all later.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #11  

welcome back birdlady!

i think mauv has the right of it, to get out there and do something. i've spent the last few years annoyed at him going out to play D&D and being addicted to the mmorpg's (yes, i'm lucky, i get both *LOL*). I'm learning to just deal with it and know that it's something he enjoys that it isn't something against me personally.
I'm still working on the finding something to do part though. *L* Hard when you don't have a car and the most social you get is posting here. Actually, I now have a date on friday nights to call my family through google talk. we get to talk for free, the connection is better online than over the phone because they are over seas, and it's fun to get to catch up with them.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #12  

Welcome back socalbirdlady! Hope you've been keeping well
Old 03-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome Back SoCalBirdLady!

The closest thing I get to all those games is my best friend (the boy, as I normally call him) keeps trying to get me to play World Of Warcraft. He figures it is a good way to spend time together since we live on opposite coasts. So far I just keep saying no.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #14  

squeak - good for you! i feel the same. hubby keeps trying to get me to play too but i am not having it! i can't sit at a computer that much in my off time, i do it all day when i'm at work! i played for like an hour one night with his help and just wanted to run away. painful!!

at least they offer to play with us. some don't even do that. i guess we're somehow lucky? *LOL*
Old 03-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #15  

so here we were talking about planting and spring coming, and what happened? it snows! in eugene, oregon. that just doesn't happen! and i am going to a home and garden show this weekend... and i was thinking of making some little planter boxes for my balcony. tsk. snow. in march. in eugene... it's just wrong.
Closed Thread