Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 10, Feb 27,2006

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 32 days (5 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

INVEST IN YOURSELF!

Invest in Yourself
The harder you work
the harder it is to surrender.
-- Vince Lombardi
Do you have trouble making a commitment to your goals? Perhaps you need to invest more of yourself in them. The more you work toward something, the more committed you become. And the more committed you are, the more you will work toward it. It is an upward spiral toward certain success.
Invest time and effort in yourself, and in your dreams. Start out small, and work consistently. Before you know it, you'll have something to show for your effort. And you'll have something even more important -- the determination to keep going. The things you build and create, are the things you will value, appreciate, protect and use to their fullest extent.
The things you build and create, no one can take away from you. You won't let them! The goals and dreams you really work toward, no one will be able to steal from you. No amount of discouragement, challenge or setback can stop you, when you've invested enough of yourself.
Get up and get to work. Build, produce, create, take action. Then do it again and again. Before long, you won't be able to stop.
-- Ralph Marston
Old 02-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

oh yay, a new thread. well, i am trying really hard to drop another pound this week. i'll weigh in on friday. i have been having alot of tuna and pickles this week, and my calories have been really low for the past two days, i am having trouble getting them back up to 1600 for tomorrow. but i know i can do it. funny thing is, 800 to 1000 seems to be satisifying me, although i know that is no where near enough calories. so, i am trying to get them back up to 1600 without eating a lot of junk food. right now, i need about 700 more calories to finish my day off with tomorrow.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #4  
Losing for Life!

Sorry I was late getting the new thread up, somedays my other life gets in my way.

Another WI this morning and another pound down. I had hoped for a little more but I haven't had the time to get in my gym workouts and I have missed a few of my walking days. So I am happy that I got the loss this week.

Welcome to all of you new challengers! I know we are going to do great on this final third of our challenge. Only 5 weeks left to go!

We need to start thinking about how we want to feel come spring, all of the new clothes are starting to come into the stores and I am looking forward to getting some new things. All of my shirts are so baggy I feel so sloppy walking around in them.

I hate to spend money on new clothes as I know I will not be in them long but I will get a couple of nice things that fit if only to make me feel better.

My sister turns 50 this year and I haven't seen her since before I started back on WW in September. She knows nothing about my weight loss and I am going to surprise her with a visit in June for her B Day. I know she will be surprised. I really would like to be able to wear a nice summer dress as she lives in Kelowna which is very warm.

That is what I have to look forward to this spring. What are the rest you you hoping for in this new years spring? Do you have any special events or plans coming up?
Old 02-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #5  

i know what you mean susan, i have been eyeing the new spring clothes that are coming out too. and i want so badly to buy a new outfit in a size smaller but i just don't want to do it until i can actually try it on. sometimes clothes in my size now just don't look right on me, so i don't want to spend money on something until i can really try it on. i wish they would not put clothes out soo early. i just keep telling myself that when i lose weight, the clothes i like will be on clearance so i won't have to pay full price for them. but yes, new spring clothes is definately one of my motivations. and i am going to meet the days of our lives stars in july so i am trying to lose a lot before i go meet them again and have my picture taken with them. i want to look hot in the pics. i also want to jump in a tanning bed. you won't be able to pick me out from the stars. i am going to look just as hot as them. (that's my dream anyways)
Old 02-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

I would very much like to participate in this. My goal for march is to lose 10 pounds. I am not sure what else to post, but I am determined that this time I will lose this extra weight!
vaughnc5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnc5920
I would very much like to participate in this. My goal for march is to lose 10 pounds. I am not sure what else to post, but I am determined that this time I will lose this extra weight!

well, i know you are welcome to join in. wow, 10 pounds in march. i'd just like to lose one pound a week. i can't seem to lose more than that. and that has only been the last two weeks. i pray i lose another pound by this friday.

good luck on the ten pounds and keep us informed.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #8  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Welcome Christen. My goal is to lose 10 pounds for March myself. I'm sure we can both do this.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #9  

Smile

Hi everybody. I'm feeling soooo much better. In our last episode - lol - my arthritis was flaring, I''d been traveling too much for work, and for both those reasons had dropped way back on my exercise. Well, the doctor's scales lied about my weight gain, I've doubled up on my anti-inflammatories, and I've decided to not accept illness as my lot in life. I march forward!!! Maybe not 10 pounds in March, but SOME pounds in March. Here we go!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #10  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hey all!!!!! Today was a good day. My hubby made another delious dinner. Fish, veggies and some pasta. And for desert it was suger free-fat free cheese cake pudding So now I am giong to probably do my 20 min pilates. Have a great evening and I'll post tomorrow
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #11  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Ah ha!! So they do have fat free cheese cake pudding!!!! My sister and I were just talking about this today!! Im sooooo going to go find it tomorrow!!

Im doing good today, but its 5:30 and I still have 10 points to eat and im not even hungry!!! Ahhh what to do, what to do!!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #12  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

just looking better and feeling better
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #13  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Purple,
It is so worth every bite. And I belive it's only 70 cal with fat free milk. It tastes just like the cheese cake filling and tomorrow I am gioning to buy fresh strwberries and put it in the pudding I bet it will be speechless I got it in the boxes. They are way cheeper $.99. Well good luck findin git. Okay everyone for real now I must sign off. Gotta put the kittys to bed so that me and the hubby have alone time
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #14  

well, it's the first day of march and i feel like crap!! not physically, just emotionally. my scales went up two pounds but i keep telling myself it doesn't mean i have put on two pounds. there is no way i could put on two pounds when i haven't even eaten 1200 calories in 2 days. i know it must be water weight, but it is still depressing to see it go back up. and my waist is just not budging for what i can tell.

does anyone shop thru the mail with chadwicks??? i was looking at their measurment page for their clothes, and I am no where near their measurements. my bust is a size 16misses, my waist is a size 22w, and my hips are a size 16w. how odd is that??? anyone else have strange measurements like that. my bust, waist and hips don't really differ alot. so, i guess i can tell that i carry alot of my weight in my waist. anyone know of some good ways of getting rid of belly fat?? i am trying to do crunches this month. my goal is 1000 crunches for the month. (crunches are difficult for me because, A, i have a big pot belly, and B, my abs are VERY weak apparently after having my last two kids.) should you feel the pain in your back when you are feeling it in your abs?? i am guessing it is normal considering my back and ab muscles are probably connected and are very weak. thanks for any input on this.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #15  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

ok its been 30days and no word on "the grils" from the ins. company I am started to think they are not going to pay for this I hate to think I may have to pay for this but I will if I have to...I have had more computer work added and my back is telling on my now......
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote