Old 08-27-2005, 04:09 PM   #1  

Default MySpace??

Anyone else have it ?? I just joined add me if ya want www.myspace.com/amanda2484
NJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:23 AM   #2  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi. I have a myspace account... I'll friend ya!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:07 AM   #3  
missaprylj

Visit MySpace and learn a little more about me inAprylwood
Old 08-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, there, don't you be dissing Everwood! Great poetry, Apryl. Are you majoring in English at UW next year? (You'll notice I'm making a big assumption about your choice of school)
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

NJ84--I just added you as a friend--I have a MySpace, too! I also have a Facebook account--anyone else?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:46 AM   #6  
30lbs gone forever!!

No My Space for me, but I think I might make an account now.

Does anyone have hi5? I'm on there. http://www.hi5.com/i?l=4OMERQD

Last edited by krysidaisy; 08-31-2005 at 04:00 AM.
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #7  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Jill,

what's your display name for myspace? I want to add a new friend too!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:43 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

heh, it's jillybean720 (of all the crazy things )

www.myspace.com/jillybean720
Old 02-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #9  

Not trying to sound like a safety worrier but does MySpace scare you at all? If not for yourself for the younger children that are on it? I have heard a lot of stories connected to MySpace and online predators even murders connected to this social group. Are you weary of it at all?
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #10  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I have heard those worrysome things too. I'm not sure you can trust people are who they say they are on there. I was trying to read what had been said on the news in my mother's area ~ she had heard me mention it and had heard things that sounded worrysone to her. One click lead to another, and I found a my space thing for the weather man in their local area a 74 year old man. Some of what was written on his space, made me think that this man did not put himself on there, but that someone else had done it for a joke. And one click lead to another and there is a my space for one of the american idol contestants ~ Taylor Hicks. The little thing was lit up showing that he was on line. Made me wonder if it was really him, or someone pretending to be him.

I have a thing on there and have gotten some messages from men ~ and nothing on my thing would have suggested that I was wanting that kind of response. Kind of scary to me.

The only reason I got on there, was because my son has a thing on there and he wanted me to see it and the only way I could was to join. I put the least amount of info on that you could. My son put some pictures of my family members, I wonder if maybe I should take them off there.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #11  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

As the parent of a teen, I'm concerned about those types of sites as well. It's just a downright, dirty shame that some perverted jerks are determined to suck the joy out of what should be a fun place for teens and young adults .

My son hasn't expressed a desire to open a myspace account, but he does frequent many different areas on the web (mostly pertaining to gaming). He's very aware of what he should and should not be entering, information-wise.

As parents, it's our duty to remind our kids and their friends that revealing too much info is dangerous. Sad, but true.

So, just watch out, folks. Enjoy the sites, but don't give out personal info that can, in any way, be tracked back to you IRL.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #12  
Eating for two!

I certainly don't worry about it for me at all, but I read a post once from a woman who found out through her daughter's MySpace that once when she was out of town and thought her daughter was staying with friends, the daughter had actually had a boy over and had sex in their house Just another reason for parents to keep as close an eye as possible...

I get so annoyed when I see these pictures on MySpace (and the like) of like 12-14 year old girls showing off in bikinis and whatnot. It's so disgusting--how could their parents NOT talk to them about the dangers of doing such things?!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

I certainly don't worry about it for me at all, but I read a post once from a woman who found out through her daughter's MySpace that once when she was out of town and thought her daughter was staying with friends, the daughter had actually had a boy over and had sex in their house Just another reason for parents to keep as close an eye as possible...

I get so annoyed when I see these pictures on MySpace (and the like) of like 12-14 year old girls showing off in bikinis and whatnot. It's so disgusting--how could their parents NOT talk to them about the dangers of doing such things?!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:47 PM   #14  

My son does not have my space account but he does have facebook..
I have all user names and passwords .. Via a Keylogger I have on my pc..
I go on daily to see what is going on.
I think A LOT of parents would be shocked to see what is going on.
What the kids will tell about them self. It really is shocking..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #15  

I think that limiting the private infromation you put on there is very vital to your safety. There are just too many creeps out there. Glynne, that is just awful that men were writing to you and it sounds like it wasnt very appropriate. I found a great online resource, CyberTipline, where you can report these creeps, and authorities take it from there. It just grosses me out to think that people can sit behind their computers act illegally and think that they are safe. Too bad they aren't
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote