Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/214/165

Red face Newbie in need of Buddy - Fibromyalgia and more!

I am thrilled to get the opportunity to be involved in this forum! I am in desperate need of help with my weight loss efforts as my health issues make it so hard to exercise and the lack of energy just makes me want to eat! I have Fibromyalgia (diagnosed 16 years ago!), Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (prone to blood clots), Hypertension, GERD, Hiatal Hernia, Depression, etc., etc.,!!! I had to quit my job last year. I need a cane to walk for more than a few feet because of my back pain and I am unable to do any bending because of the pain as well. Losing weight and any exercise is a challenge, but I am hoping being involved in this group and having an accountability partner will help!

Ready2bfit&fifty
Ready2bFit&Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 AM   #2  

Dear Ready,
I am new here too; and this is my first post. I am trying to learn my way around these screens.
I too have fibro and CFS, diabetes, problems walking ( as I have no knee joints) and am diabetic. I also have a sick husband who is a very brittle diabetic whose b/s drops w/o warning and he has seizures.
I have all that goes with fibro: insomia, unable to excerise, no energy..what I have is spent caring for hubby.; deep depression which leads to binge eating.
I have to loose about 100 pounds which seems unsurmountable.
I hope we can be buddies. I hope I can accomplish something. Loosing weight has been easy for be before fibro..but not now. Without being able to excerise it is most to impossible.
I am somewhat house bound as I can't leave hubby alone for fear of him having a low blood sugar attack and having a seizure. Plus just the "work" of getting ready to go out sometimes is just not worth the effort. I know you will understand as you have fibro..anyone who doesn't have fibro just doesn't get it...
I know you have heard all the replies: 'you don't look sick', just don't eat', "anyone can excerise if they set their head to it.' They don't realize how bad the pain can be just from going to the grocery store!
I live in Tennessee. I am female, 56, had Fibro/CFS for 20 years. I am retired since 1995 after working eighteen years with Mentally Challenged children in our state facillity. I miss them so, as I have no children. I have a beautiful dog, a Schnauzer 'Zoe."
My mom passed away suddenly in 2001; and Zoe has been my lifeline.

My faith and church are very important to me. I rely on God for strength to live with this disease. I know He can help me..he always has and this journey of loosing weight will be no different.
My goal is to take it one day or one hour at a time as I do with dealing with the pain. My biggest problem is at night , as I don't sleep very much at all. That is when I want to eat.
My e-mail adddy are posted in my profile. in case you want to correspond in a more more private way. Do you have yahoo chat or msn chat?
I will close for now.
Good luck with your new journey. I thought since we had fibro in common we would understand each other more; as people who don't have just don't get it!

Odiepain
Odiepain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #3  
Kyethra

Height: 5'8"

Hello. I have fibro and CFS too and I want to say good luck. I am ready to start the journey toward weightloss seriously for the first time since my fibro hit. I have had fibro for two years now. I am 22 years old. Mine was sudden onset following a severe fever that left we always run down and then a couple of months after that I had a an ovarian cyst that really finished me off. It grew for a couple of months and then ruptered and damaged a nerve in my abdominal wall. I went up to Mayo to get a diagnosis and luckily I recieved good treatment there and now I am slowly recovering and the fibro seems to be improving.

I took have severe GERD- I was born with it. I have some bulging disks in my lower back, but my back only acts up during flares. The GERD is pretty well controlled with nexium and reglan as needed and zantac. I am on tons of medications.

When my abdominal nerve problem is not acting up I am able to exercise and like to do so. I spent several months in physical therapy to get to this point, so it is like victory for me.

Right now I am working on finishing college and planning my wedding and thinking about what job would work for me. Good luck!
kyethra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/214/165

Default New to group with Fibromyalgia too.

Thanks for replying Odiepain and kyethra - It was nice to hear from someone who understood what I have to deal with. I may have Yahoo chat but I haven't tried to use it for a long time, so I will have to check it out. I would love to buddy up with you guys and maybe offer some mutual support and encouragement to each other. PM me with your e-mail address!

Carla
Ready2bFit&Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote