Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/233/150

Default Help...

I have been going to the gym at least every other night, I have been really watching what I eat and how much. But nothing is working..I am not losing weight, I have lost like 5 lbs in almost as many weeks...what can I do???
LaceyR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

How can you say you aren't losing weight when you lost 5 lbs? Go pick up a 5 lb bag of sugar - that thing is HEAVY. 5 lbs in 4 weeks sounds like safe, reasonable, sustainable weight loss. Keep doing what you're doing.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I agree. A pound a week isn't bad. That is very healthy although I can totally understand wanting to lose more. You didn't give us that much info. Maybe it has something to do with your diet. You may be eating better but still be eating or consuming too many calories. How much exercise are you getting in? A lot of things could be a factor. How is your water intake? If it is low then you could be retaining a lot of water.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #4  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Thumbs up

From what I understand 1 to 2 pounds a week is ideal, so congratulations! I know what it’s like to feel like all that effort isn’t paying off fast enough, I get impatient too. But you just have to remind yourself that as long as you keep up with your new healthy habits you will get there eventually, and because you did it the right way (gradually that is) your chances of long term maintenance success are very good. Also, with all that working out you just might be putting on lean muscle mass, which weighs more per volume than fat and actually burns calories even when you're at rest. The scale doesn’t tell the whole story, that number doesn’t make or break you. Keep up the good work and be sure to tell us about your continued success!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lacey -- When we make a commitment to healthier lives, we want the fat gone NOW. Sadly, the reality is that it's going to take its own sweet time. We didn't put it on in a month, and it won't come off in a month.

You've heard true from everyone before me. 5 pounds is great! Some weeks you may see more loss, and some you WILL see less. There may be more you can do in addition to the exercise, but if the goal is a healthier YOU, then exercising every single week is a phenomenal thing to do!

Congrats and keep at it!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
Lacey -- When we make a commitment to healthier lives, we want the fat gone NOW. Sadly, the reality is that it's going to take its own sweet time. We didn't put it on in a month, and it won't come off in a month.

You've heard true from everyone before me. 5 pounds is great! Some weeks you may see more loss, and some you WILL see less. There may be more you can do in addition to the exercise, but if the goal is a healthier YOU, then exercising every single week is a phenomenal thing to do!

Congrats and keep at it!
Very well said.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #7  
Feeling the burn

Lacey! 5 pounds less is a weight loss! I'll take it if you don't want it (the loss, not the actual 5 pounds!) lol

You're moving in the right direction Just remind yourself that 5 pounds here, 5 pounds here...heck, even half a pound, adds up to many many pounds in the end. I haven't been losing weight at the speed of light but it's starting to add up to a good amount. I started watching what I eat (not very strictly) around June/July 2005 and I'm down 60 pounds so far. When I started exercising more seriously in December, my weight didn't budge for like 6 weeks, but it started coming off again eventually.

Check your routine, check your food intake, just to make sure everything's fine and then keep going! I have days too when I wish the weight was coming off a bit faster but then I remind myself that slow or fast, it is coming off and that I am doing something positive for my health regardless of what weight I am at now.
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

5 lbs sounds good! you prob also added some muscle (i can never spell that word sorry) and so arent seeing as much of a scale drop. you sound like you are doing great! professionals recommend up to 2 lbs a week for healthy sustainable weightloss. you are right in there!

keep it up!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote