South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Start or Restart

Please post your questions and hints in this thread for mutual support.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #2  

Thanks Ruth! This is my first day on the SBD and I did wonderful. I even ate at Red Lobsters to celebrate my MIL b-day and I stuck with the plan .

I would say that the most difficult part of the day was when I had to pick all the croutons out of my salad (I like croutons and anything crunchy). Hopefully, I will hear from others who are doing Phase I.

We can do this!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 02:02 AM   #3  

Smile

Okay, I guess this is the place to start over. I got down to my goal weight on South Beach a year and a half ago, but started slipping and sliding my way back into the bad carbs and have regained over twenty pounds.

Reading these boards has inspired me to remember how good it felt to be healthy, energetic, and able to fit into all the clothes in my closet!

Tomorrow will be Day One for me. Maybe with the support and tips to be found here, I can get back on track and stay there!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #4  

Hello Sundancerk. How much are you trying to lose and what helped you the most to lose the weight?
Old 02-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #5  

I've been off program for a while now, so I'm going to restart phase I tomorrow too. I pigged out on pizza at lunch today without a second thought. When I got home I realized that was the last straw and need to get the eating under control. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and see if I gained any back. Good luck to us all!
Old 02-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy
Hello Sundancerk. How much are you trying to lose and what helped you the most to lose the weight?
Hi! Well, I'm trying to lose 26 pounds--that would put me back at my goal weight of 130.

What helped me the most was just sticking it out past that first two weeks of Phase I. Once I really had the carbs out of my system, the craving truly did pass, just like they said. I was quite a skeptic before; I've been a sugar addict all my life!

Other than that, I just tried to keep a lot of ready-to-eat veggies on hand, already cut up and washed, for when the munchies hit. And I drank of lot of water--I've really slipped up on that and have been drinking more soda than anything.

Several times during my backslide, I've thought, "I'll just give South Beach another whirl and take it off again", but I never committed to it like I'm ready to do now!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #7  

Default Sundance..

I am in a similar boat, though I sort of gave up before I hit my goal, plateued, and gained 6 pounds. Not bad for pretty much eating like crap for a few months, but still. I want to keep losing weight. I will hit my goal, dangit!

Good luck to you.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:34 PM   #8  

Tomorrow is day1 of phase1....let's do it ladies! My wedding is in August and I already have my dress.....it must fit! Also, I have PCOS and would love to boost my fertility in the next year Is 45 lbs too much to lose by the middle of August? Too hard on myself????
Michelle
Old 02-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 146/144/118

Height: 5"2

Question

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for about a week now. I started last Tues. and did great until yesterday. I was down 4lbs. in phase 1 and had a sugar binge yesterday. (Not even sure why-oh yeah-pms) So, instead of quitting like I usually do, I will just keep going on p1 today. I felt so great on Sat. and then came the binge. Should I start over or just keep plugging on p1? This would have been day 6 for me. I have about 10lbs. I really need to loose but would like it to be 15 as a personal goal. I have been on every diet ever invented and really struggle with sugar and white flour. Thanks for any support!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #10  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning ladies. I'm restarting Phase I today. I've been way to lax the past few days and have fallen off of the wagon a bit.

Tchrmom - if it were me, I'd probably restart Phase I to get rid of the cravings.

Good luck to us all!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #11  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

I started back on P1 last Monday and so far so good, I'm down 8 pounds and I decided to stop just reading these boards and post.

I did this before in the fall and lost about 50 pounds but gained 20 back over the holiday season...that is if you count the entire month of January where I felt sorry for myself and didn't try...better add half of February to that too, I better stop because I'm sound more pathetic with each keystroke

Anyhow, I'm here, I love this site, great info and great recipes, thanks!!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #12  

Thumbs up Restarting P1

Well, I was going to restart P1 today just for a few days to get rid of the cravings...but I have a frozen SBD Pizza for lunch (which I had left at work last week), so I will restart tomorrow. I know that's a bad excuse, but there it is. I have really slid off program the past few weeks. But I'm glad SBD is a woe that if you do go off program, you can easily fix it and get back on the right path.

I also brought my workout gear to work so I can go to the gym right after work, which is another area that has been suffering. My goal this week is to work out 4 times. I am also very nervous about weighing myself today. It has been about three (very bad) weeks. But, I'm sure I'll be able to work though it with the support of this board

Have a good day and good luck chickies!!

-Anna
Old 02-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #13  

Tchermom,
Definitely just restart phase I! That way there is no guilt about cheating the last time....start with a fresh slate
-HopefulCA
Old 02-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess
I started back on P1 last Monday and so far so good, I'm down 8 pounds and I decided to stop just reading these boards and post.

I did this before in the fall and lost about 50 pounds but gained 20 back over the holiday season...that is if you count the entire month of January where I felt sorry for myself and didn't try...better add half of February to that too, I better stop because I'm sound more pathetic with each keystroke

Anyhow, I'm here, I love this site, great info and great recipes, thanks!!

Hello Countess!!! How long did it take you to lose the 50 pounds last fall? Did you also exercise?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Thumbs up today is my first day...

Today was my first day on phase 1. Last week I read the book and made out my grocery list. Yesterday went shopping so all the foods were in the house and I would have no excuse for getting started. While searching on the net I ran across this website. Never have I done something like this...posting on a website. I thought what a great idea and support system. Looking forward to my success on this program, new way of living, feeling good about myself once again and eating...and hopefully me helping someone get through there day, while helping me to do the same. Thank you and look forward to more days of posting and support!
Closed Thread