South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Default The Weekend is Here!! 2/25-2/26

Hey chicks! I fell asleep at 10 last night so I woke up at 5:20 this morning and never got back to sleep. I stayed in bed and cuddled with my dog and cat for about an hour then finally got up, made coffee, and am now doing the morning routine cuddling with the rattie boys. I have to double up now to make sure they all get personal time with me for 1/2 hour or so in the mornings. Too many rats...so little time .

Yesterday was spent grading, working on a class project, cleaning, and doing some unnecessary grocery shopping. And somehow I managed to find time to spray paint an extension for the boys cage. I went to WildOats and got some buckwheat soba noodles and ww panko bread crumbs. I also found this sprouted grain pasta by Ezekial brand, the same ones who do the sprouted bread in the refrigereated section. It was on sale so I got some. I think I may try it for dinner tonight.

I'm up two lbs to 212! With four days to go until Soon and I settle our little bet. What a time to be up. I think it's waterweight since my fingers are swollen like sausages and I'm PMSing. Hopefull I can get if off before Wednesday. I'd like to at least be able to say I'm down 5 lbs for the month.

So chicks, what's up with you gals this weekend?
Old 02-25-2006, 07:13 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Pearsy......are we the only ones up? That's a change! I'm getting my wallet ready.....I already PM you all the crap I ate yesterday (ladies it wasn't pretty - I'll spare you the pain!) Pearsy.....one question - Why did we agree to bet who will lose the most weight at a time when BOTH of us are PMSing?
I have to go to work today (UGH!) 8-5 - can't wait until 5!!
USMC - you & Keely are still in my thoughts & prayers!!
I'm off to the land of retail - see ya later!
Old 02-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Soon, hope you have a good day at work.

I had a night like Pearsy. Woke up early, early and could not go back to sleep. So, I did my usual Saturday AM Wal-Mart run for groceries etc. and am now back home at least for a while. I actually found jicama at the store this morning. I was looking for it last week and the stuff that they had out was so shriveled and moldy, I wasn't about to touch it. Now that I found some, I can try out that recipe for Jicama and Black Bean salad!

Off to Curves later this morning. Working out this morning will put me over my goal of working out 4 times this week! I didn't work out there yesterday morning, but did go in to get weighed and measured. I haven't had that done in a couple of years, so I wanted to get a new start point to use as a benchmark.

The only other plans that I have for the weekend is that the guy that's going to paint my house this spring is coming by today to take a look at it and give me an estimate. Hopefully it won't be too much - but, good-bye income tax return.

Since I got up so early this morning I think after the painter guys leaves, it will be nap time! Time to go get more coffee. Everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I love my new morning routine and can give Hershey credit for it! She has been sleeping with me since Luicy went away and I'm sleeping right through the night until a more decent hour. It's sometimes getting light when I wake up.

Soon and Pearshape, good luck on your competition. I'm up a bit too but can't blame Uncle Tom or Aunt Flo for it! It may have something to do with a couple of chips I snitched from a friend's bag when at Bingo yesterday.

Jana, how civilized to have a grocery store open when you want to shop! Around here, 8 AM is the very earliest. I love jicama and will add it to my list for my next "in town" shop.

I plan to do NO driving today after such a Ruthie Roadrunner week! Right now the snow has started and we are expecting 10 to 15 cms (4" to 6") so it's a good day to snuggle beside the woodstove with a cuddly dog and a good book. I am going out to dinner tonight but it's just up the hill to my neighbour Liz's house. The hardest part will be getting up that icy hill but coming down will be easy!

Just so I don't feel like a complete sloth, I'm going to do some cooking this morning: crock pot chili with TVP, hummus and something with the eggplant that has been waiting patiently for me! A treadmill session followed by a soak in the tub are also on the schedule. I had planned to vacuum but Candice showed up yesterday and did her thing while I was at Bingo!

Time to get cracking! Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

well I crashed at 8:30 last night on the couch so I woke to some odd kinks but man do i feel rested. Normally I hit my boocamp class this morning but I'm taking it off so that I can give my body a little break and I can feel dtrong again not just barely getting by.

so what is jicama and how do you pronounce it?

Pear, I think it's cool that you and Soon have this running bet going, and at least if you're both PMSing then it's fair right? can't wait to see who wins...

usmchoney-we're here for you. I really hope that the repeat tests give you some well needed answers. Everything is easier to handle with answers.

off to the kid's expo...this ought to make for an interesting exhausting adventure...
Old 02-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning three chicks,

Had a good day yesterday, was in a salad mood all day,, just couldnt get enough, it seemed, My aunts birthday is today she is 70, We took old pic to new pics and made her a movie of her life,, I was up till twelve or so worken on it,,,,
Take Care All and Have a good weekend.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  

Thumbs up Good Morning

Hi everyone,
I am hoping to do some extra cooking and baking today. I wanted to take the kids lsedding today but right now you can't even see a hand in front of you.
I had to skip my wkout this am because kids and husband woke up first. But it felt good to sleep in. I have my meals planned for the wkend and have another grocery list ready for tomorrow.

Ruth- we must not be too far from each other, it is snowing so hard here looks like it is pouring snow. Thanks for the pm, I really appreciate all the love and support.

pearsy- thanks for the recipe and planning idea, yesterday. I am already doing that. Thanks for the help!

Soon- sorry you have to work- hope it goes fast for you.

Jana- hope youhave a great wkend and great job on the working out.

I have a question? Is it possible that I am loosing weight even if the scale moves very slowly downward? My clothes are fitting losser and I think I look smaller but not many people noticing so not sure if I really look smaller and the scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks. SO wht do you all think?
Thanks everyone for all you support.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Well, I'm DOWN half a pound. Not much but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I think the probiotics are doing their job. I ate sauted spinach for dinner last night and didn't have any ill effects! Yay!!

Ruth, I've been MIA so much lately (getting that book done) Is Lucy off on another rondezvous with a boyfriend? Will there be spring puppies???

Soon and Pear, you know competition is a great motivator! I love how you two have gone on with this thing!

Mamahulk, are you measuring yourself, or just going by what the scale says? You can lose inches and gain muscle in place of the fat, so you wouldn't show that much of a weight loss.

Batmom, jicama (pronounced Hee cuh muh) is a Latin American root veggie. Very good with a squeeze of lime and some chili powder sprinkled on it.

Crock and Jana-- HAGD
Old 02-25-2006, 08:54 AM   #9  

Good morning. I managed to stay OP yesterday and I'm feeling very optimistic about today. We just got our tax money back, so we're going to go shopping today to spend a little before the send the rest to our IRAs. I also have some grocery shopping to do. If it's nice, we'll go for a bike ride and take the kids to the playground. I wish that someone lived near me; I could really use an exercise buddy.

I want to thank everybody for being so supportive. I REALLY appreciate all of your well wishes and positive thoughts. You have no idea how much it helped me get through the past couple of days. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #10  

Happy Saturday!!

Just a quick post as the baby is crawlling around my feet fussing to be fed!

US Thinking of you and your baby girl.

Not much to report- the last couple of days have not been perfect, that is for sure. I am looking forward to this weekend and regrouping. My week always starts out well and then falls apart by the weekend!

I am taking my 4 year old to see Curious George today. My mom is going to watch the baby, so we will have a little date. Should be fun! It is cold and rainy here, so a perfect day to see a movie.

Later gators!
Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #11  

Yippee fer The Weekend!

Hey you Mavalous Chicadeeeees!

Pearsydew and Soon:
ooooh can I wish fer a tie? I hope you both lose the same amount!

Jana: on workin it GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What color is the house gonna be??? Speaking of houses...where's Kyemom???

Ruthie TAKES A DAY OFFF?????? good fer You! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!!!

Battmom:
Enjoy the kidlets at the Expo...I'm sure you'll git a whole lotta exercise with just that!

Crocky: What a loving thing to do fer yer Aunt! I bet she will love it!

Mamahulk: What a loverly post from yesterday.. I'm just ging you real BIG darlin'...now then, Mamacita is CORRRRREeeeectoooooMundo! If you've been working out yer probably gaining muscle mass...so you may weight the same, but be gittin smaller...

MamaCita!!!! I'm soooo glad yer tummy is gettin better! DANG that was some haul you've had! What's it like 3 months since that poisoning???Now then , where are we on the book??????

USMC: We are alll here for you darlin' !! I say take a bit of that tax refund and treat yerself to something nice too..even if it's a little uplifting book, or a new facial scrub product or Bubble Bath

Kiko: You and little one have a wonderful time at the moooovies

RNMOM:
You must be sleepin right now... I need an ER story Fix STAT!!!

to all you other Lurkers and Surfers and chicas who haven't reported in yet!!!

Very strange day today.. the weather reminds me of jersey by the shore..like you can smell the ocean and the wetness in the air..I'm marinading center cut Porkchops in teriyaki, soy, malt vinegar and sesame oil... most ABCDElish!!! I'll broil them up and serve it with 7 grain pilaf blend, and a salad.... Yumalish!
Todaday I willl CCCCCCLLLLLLEEEEEEANNNNNN!!!! Swiffer: Check, Pledge: Check, Windex: Check... Cawfee: CHECK WHOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out dust Schatzi issa comin'
Old 02-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Thumbs up Finally some good news

Good morning laides. I was finally able to do something great today - update my weight calculator! Yesterday was my last day of Phase 1 so I got on the scale and I'm down 7 lbs. Did I mention I LOVE SB?!?!?!?!

Its been difficult because I have zero support from HB. Last night he asked me if I've ever heard of cry wolf. I've failed so many times in the past that he has no faith. Little does he know that SB has been a major eye opening experience. We have lots of marriage problems - which he blames on my weight. I wont bore you guys with those details here - but I need this diet for myself so that I can give myself the love he doesnt!

One quick question, have any of you ladies ever stayed on Phase 1 longer than 2 weeks? It's been easy and very tasty - and I'm not really interested in fruit. I was considering staying there for just one more week. What do you think?

Finally - THANKS! You ladies have been the support I needed. I don't think I could have done it without you!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls! I am definitely on the mend! I started to feel better after I napped yesterday and I feel pretty good today! Still sound like crap, but I feel good.

Going to Applebee's with DH and his mom to celebrate his birthday (again.) I didn't go out to eat Thursday with them, but she's already taken him to a birthday lunch once, so I don't know why she's doing it again. He's just Mr. Break The Diet lately. I, however, am going to eat off the Weight Watcher's Menu at Applebee's. Onion Soup Au Gratin, garden salad, steamed vegetables. Mmmm. Tasty. Not the most filling lunch, but that's alright.

I measured myself today. Since Jan 1 when I started this, I've lost 14 lbs. I've lost 4 full inches off my bust, 2.5 inches off my waist, and 2.5 inches off my hips. That's progress! I have 1 lb to lose to make my March 25 goal of 129, and I have 5 lbs to lose to make my May 15 goal of 125 (that's my birthday.)

It's going to be a rough road, though. March 17 is Molly and my holiday (Kiss Me, I'm Irish.) It's the day of Irish food and drink, and neither of which are very healthy. Then I have March 18, the Bridesmaid Luncheon and Bachelorette Party. Then March 24 is the rehearsal dinner, and March 25 is the wedding. March will be a rough month, but fortunately I only have 1 lb to lose by March 25.

Well, time to finish getting ready so we can go eat. Talk to you girls soon!

Lisa
Old 02-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #14  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in real quick to say hello. My kids are off to my in-laws, dh and I are actually having all day and tonight to ourselves, woo hoo!

Doubt I'll be online much until Monday. Dh and I plan on making the most of our kid free time .

Tyra
Old 02-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #15  

Yay: Wezzie is better! and outta bed.....and 3dMomma is gonna be bedridden for the weekend..
Closed Thread