Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #1  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

Default tea

I love tea, does anyone else like tea as much as I do? I heard that drinking real tea can help with weight loss. I like green tea, and herbal tea, I also drink my Mom's slim tea, it's made from different kinds of tea, mostly oolong tea. Black tea and white tea can be good for you too. I love apple cinnamon, mint, peach, orange spice, and fruit and almond tea. I have tried some variety packs of different herbal teas. I also like chamomile with honey. If any of you are Brittish or live in the UK, do they still have tea time in England? I like tea so much I would like to go there and see what it's like. I have tried Earl Grey English breakfast tea, and Irish breakfast tea, I think they are good.
Sapphireangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I drink a blend of green and white tea every day. I also drink pomegranate tea and mandarin orange tea. Sometimes I'll have cinnamon spice tea, strawberry and blackberry tea, and one of my favorites is vanilla rum. I literally have 20 different types of tea in my cupboard right now. I've even learned to drink it without sweetener.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #3  
On my way!

I drink hot green tea everyday. A few of my favorites are chai, french vanilla and cinnamon/spice.
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #4  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

I'm a tea freak. I drink black tea - lots of it, all day, although I switched to making it just half strength to lower the caffeine. I also love chai tea. I used to be a soda freak, but being a tea freak is much more slimming!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #5  

I love tea also. My favorites are the black tea decafs from Republic of Tea. I also like decaf green tea. I usually put stevia in my tea.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Me too! I have a cupboard full of different kinds, but my staples are green, mint, apple cinnamon, lemon, and a kind called "Sleepy Time" (but I can't actually drink it before bed because then I'll have to get up in the night to pee). I highly recommend the lemon!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 179/179/130

You are looking at the tea queen here!

I know that green has cancer fighting agents in it! I drink a cup every day, in fact, I'm drinking a cup right now...!
it drives my boyfriend nuts, I take up all the pantry space with tea!
I'm glad we are all here to show our love for tea!
bethechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #8  
resident lactivist

I am from Texas, so you better believe I drink tea! I keep a Texas Tea Bucket from Bill Miller's BBQ close to hand. I think it holds a little less than a quart, with ice in it. (It's an insulated mug.) I go through at least a gallon of ice tea a day, & I bought some Earl Gray to have hot in the mornings with my breakfast.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #9  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

I would like to start drinking tea every day, especially the green and slimming kind, because it is so good for you. I hope that if I take care of myself while young, I may not have so many health problems while I'm older. The prblem with ice tea in the south is that they put a lot of sugar in it. I also drink my tea without sugar. Glad I'm not the only tea lover here.
Sapphireangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #10  

Quote:
If any of you are Brittish or live in the UK, do they still have tea time in England?
english born and raised but live in US now, and actually tea time in England is dinner time, we call Dinner, tea!! confused?.lol.so where my kids when my sisters came to visit!..My sister's were like "ok, what are we having for tea?", and my daughter went to the fridge and brought her a tall glass filled with iced tea, my sister and I laughed so hard!!!!
I love tea, hot tea!! it has taken me a while to adjust to ice tea!!lol..my sister's still bring and send me my english brand tea bags!!!, I just gotta have the english blends!!They just taste different!!

And actually in your defense, they use to have "high Tea"....which would be arounf 4pm, and you would have hot tea, and cakes!!!....sometimes with cucumber sandwhiches, but unless you go to a cafe or restaurant I dont think it is actually done in many homes anymore, unless you have an old nana, or aunty!!!lol
nicnacmd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #11  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I only like iced tea. It's been said that green tea is good for weight loss (no wonder everyone in Japan is so skinny, lol!!) so I've been drinking diet Lipton Green Tea with Citrus. It's very good although doesn't taste very tea-ish I'm still getting the benefits (and caffiene, which I need these days!) of regular green tea.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote