Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy do ya ever just "feel" fat?

Strange thing... I've lost 11 pounds in a very short amount of time, but I feel incredibly fat today. Like I've eaten a whole lot or something... For the past couple of days, I could really feel it in my body that i'd lost a few pounds... so today is sort of discouraging because i don't "feel" it anymore. anyone else having a "fat" day?
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #2  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I have "fat" days all the time! Usually around that TOM. They only last a day or two, I think I'll always have them and not because I have some kind of complex about my weight. It's just one of those things! Don't feel discouraged, I'm sure that feeling will pass .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm 120 lbs and I still have 'fat days'. My mom looked at me with a very skeptical look when I told her that, lol.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #4  
Strong on the inside

Thanks for the support. I know I had these days before I started this diet, so it doesn't make sense to expect they'll just go away...I guess if I can maintain my diet even on fat days, then when my body finally comes out of it's strange little fat funk, then i'll feel even better?

I started a food journal today, to remind myself that no matter how I feel, I have been sticking to my diet and I've had huge success so far. And I guess going for a little exercise will probably help, too.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #5  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Oh god, I have lots of fat days. Those fat days are what motivated me to start losing weight. I felt so disgusting in my own skin that I needed to get rid of that hideous feeling. I get those days often when I have my period because I get really bloaty. Bleh.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #6  
Melting Butter

Sometimes it just takes your mind a while to catch up to the changes your body is going through. I felt fat all the time until I got down to 150. It took me a whole lot of time before I felt really good about myself as far as my weight is concerned.

Even now I still have those days. Usually it's when I see how much more weight I have to lose and then I start thinking about it too long and feel awful!

I know it's weird...but perfectly normal.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

When I have days like that, I've got two things that usually make me feel better. The first is to try on some of my clothes that used to fit or used to be too tight and are now falling off of me. The second is to get out my measurements from when I first started and use the tape measure to show me how far I've come. Like, I'll put the tape measure around my waist at 49" and literally see the difference between 49" and 34" (then and now). That never fails to make me see the bright side.
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #8  
Strong on the inside

hey, that's a good idea. maybe that is part of it. i've been wearing clothes that, until recently, had been too tight. Today I was out of clean clothes, so I'm wearing just an ordinary t-shirt that has always fit. I should put on some of my skinny clothes!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #9  

Exclamation

Yeah, I pretty much always feel fat.

I am aware of my heaviness every time I work out, and it stays with me through the day. Even though my body is firming and my clothes are noticably looser.

That is kind of sad, but I know there will come a time when I will feel more fit.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #10  

I know how you feel- usually when that TOM comes I feel that way but I am learning that although it may be an uphill battle God is with me always. He wants our temples to be holy and pleasrable for Him to take His rightful place in and to be honored and when we're honored so is He...and vice-versa!
Mochahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #11  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotigergirl
Strange thing... I've lost 11 pounds in a very short amount of time, but I feel incredibly fat today. Like I've eaten a whole lot or something... For the past couple of days, I could really feel it in my body that i'd lost a few pounds... so today is sort of discouraging because i don't "feel" it anymore. anyone else having a "fat" day?
Yes!

I have some days that no matter what I wear, I feel like a fat cow. It's just a blobby feeling. I hate it.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #12  
Strong on the inside

ick. i just got back from the gym (where I weighed exactly the same as yesterday) and I still feel disgustingly fat! how do i make this go away?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #13  

All you can do is not give up. I think for everyone there is a point where they reach that best weight... and even before then, as the body becomes more lean and flexible that marshmallow feeling subsides.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #14  
Strong on the inside

i hope so. i've so enjoyed the last couple of days feeling "thinner". I've actually enjoyed looking in the mirror for a change. I suppose it's just TOM issues and a change in my breakfast food maybe... i just can't quit.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #15  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

I very often feel "fat" if I think about it, moreso than before I started (probably because I was trying to ignore the problem entirely). Even when I start to feel good about certain parts of me (like my calves, which are beginning to look like they did in high school) it just makes the rest of me feel more...mushy. I find the way I'm dressed helps too...like today, not feeling so confident in what I chose to wear to work, but when I put on my jeans tomorrow (which are stretch, but still a little loose) I know I'll feel better about myself.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote