General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #1  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Default Before and After

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, but eh, I'll give it a shot.

I've noticed other people on here who've done before and after shots of themselves, so I decided to make a quick little page showing my weight ups and downs. It ended up being a lot longer than I'd expected because I've had a LOT of ups and downs, but it really helps me to reflect and thing, "Ew, I looked so gross back then."

http://animespoof.com/beforeafter/ -There it is. Tracking my weight fluctuations from 2003 till now. Pretty crazy.

Does anyone else find these things to be helpful? I know it makes me feel a ton better to look at those pictures from when I was 15. I am SO glad I learned the magic of cosmetics and hair products. Even if I was bigger, I wouldn't have looked so bad if I hadn't been trying so hard to cover everything up with those ugly clothes!! Red was so not a good hair color for me, either.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Talking Thanks

I love to see before and after pics. It really does motivate me. When I lose more weight I might post some too. You look really good! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #3  
The High-Carb Rebel

Thanks! You should totally do something like that once you feel like you've lost a noticeable amount because it's such a confidence boost. Good luck <3
Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

I think you're pretty before and after. Good luck on your weight loss!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #5  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I agree with josie and I think you were pretty in all the photos, but your confidence certainly shines through in the ones where you are slimmer. Makeup and different hair can make the world of difference too. I have had people tell me I look 10 years younger now I've lost weight, but I really think that the new hairdo helped a great deal with this.

My before and 'current' pics are on a link just below my tracker. I put them on a page (with a document talking about my journey) after people kept asking about them. Before and after shots definitely give people incentive. At least they can see that this IS possible. We're not just in magazines, with airbrushed bodies (don't we wish!), we're REAL people.

So... thank you for posting your pics. I loved looking at them and look forward to updates.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 02-23-2006, 09:19 AM   #6  
The High-Carb Rebel

Zelma - Actually, your before and current pictures are what inspired me to do my own You're amazing, seriously. I know for me, seeing pictures from before really makes me feel good about myself. Although I didn't have to do much to lose weight the first time - just went to another country for nine months!!

Really, though, you're an inspiration to the rest of us, I think
Closed Thread