General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #1  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Question American Idol Fans??

I was just wondering if any of you watch American Idol? I love the show and really have nobody to hash it over with. The girls sang last night and did really good. I have a few favorites right now. I really like Paris, she is the spunky little one. I also like the youngest girl and I like Kelly Pickler. If any of you watch and have any of your favorites let me know. I can't wait to watch the boys tonight and see how they do. Oh I forgot one I like the first girl who went also. The one Simon was a jerk to. Man that girl can sing. Anyway can't wait to hear who your favs are.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #2  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

The girl with the husky voice was very awesome (who was that?), but the 16 year old is my favorite right now, she gave me chills.

Lacey
Old 02-22-2006, 09:20 AM   #3  
twinsplusone

S/C/G: 288/257/200

Mandisa was the first and I LOVE HER not just because she can sing her butt off but she's also a big beautiful woman putting it out there. I too like the babies of the bunch. I also like the one that had the blue dress on. Can't wait to see the guys tonight. Ace is a little cutie!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I can't even pick 6 of the girls that I think are good enough for the top 12 finalists--I only like Mandisa, Lisa (the 16-year old), Paris (the 17-year old), and Kellie Pickler. Beyond that, I think the girl who sang last last night (can't remember her name) has a good voice, but the way she moves her body while performing (and even just while standing and talking to Ryan) is just so weird and quite awkward-looking. I think she might make the top 6, too, though, and if I had to pick one more foor the top 6, I think it might be the girl with the attitude (I think her song was horrible last night, but I think America will like her attitude). Of course, this is all based pretty much solely on last night's performances. Oh, and I think the one girl who we'd never heard sing before (something Mcgee, I think--the one who used to be in beauty pageants) won't make it very far simply because we've never seen her before, so I think it's sad that they never featured her on previous episodes (not that I was really impressed by her performance last night, but I still think it's unfair).
Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #5  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I love American Idol and have watched it religiously for three seasons. My top 5 from the girls are Kelly Pickler, Paris Bennett, Mandisa, Lisa Tucker, and Ayla Brown. Out of those five, Paris is DEFINITELY my favorite. She's so charismatic, without being annoying. A bundle of energy and a joy to watch... I have a feeling that she will get very far in the competition.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/258/160

Ooh ooh, I love American Idol! Everyone knows that they're not allowed to call me while it is on - I ain't takin' anybody's calls! Let's see, I really like Paris, Mandisa and the girl we saw for the first time. Opera girl needs to go, and I can't stand the chick from New York who kept posing and calling everyone Sweetie and Baby, her singing voice is not all that great.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #7  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I'm totally rooting for Paris, Lisa, and Kellie. They're so sweet and they've got so much natural talent!! I'm excited to see the guys tonight, though. That geeky looking 16 year old kid, Kevin, is totally my favorite for the guys. I like the grey haired guy, too.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I agree about the guy with the gray hair. I think when he sings he looks kinda weird but I love his voice. I also like the bald guy the rocker. I think him and the guy named Austin are cuties. Anyway can't wait to see them.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I am definitely routing for Mandisa, Paris and Lisa, but am not sure about the others. I thought Ayla did pretty well and also the last girl - Catherine, I think. Many of them seemed incredibly nervous. I think that's why the opera girl did so badly, and also may have accounted for some of the weird body language from several including the last one. Hopefully they will get more comfortable next week. I was also disappointed in the number of ballads vs. upbeat songs.

I am looking forward to the guys performances tonight. Hopefully they will be good, but few of them seemed that memorable from the first stage of auditions. The three that stand out are Ace, Chris (cowboy hat guy) and Taylor (gray haired guy).
Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #10  

Too early to say!

Liz
Old 02-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #11  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I like American Idol too. I haven't watched much of it up til last night's performances. I don't really have any favs as of yet. Though Paris is very good and the blonde girl who has had a rough past with her father being in jail. I do have to say the girl that keeps posing just gets annoying after awhile, but could be a fav of America when it comes to voting because she has attitude.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the men tonight. I haven't heard any of the sing so I am anxious to hear them. I read that Taylor(gray haired guy) has a CD out. Guess he made it all by himself. Been curious about downloading some of the songs.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #12  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Taylor's voice sounds a lot like Ray Charles', and I really like that. At first he was really stiff when he sang but later on he got a lot better. I think as the show goes on his performance style will improve greatly.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #13  

I LOVE american Idol.have watched all 5 seasons..........and i would love to see Paris go all the way..she is very talented and a joy to watch. I think most of the women got through on looks alone, which is really sad!!.......I hope America comes through and doesnt vote for the annoying untalented people!! Mandisa, Paris , Lisa, also the last girl - Catherine, I think..deffinatly should, on their talent, go through to final 6, the other two that deserve to be there, are a toss up!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good call on the ballad vs. upbeat songs--I was disappointed by the number of slow songs, too. I know they think they sound better when singing them (more heartfelt or whatever), but I'd really prefer to see them having a lot of fun!

Let's see, predictions on who will be the first 2 girls to go...I say the opera girl (Stevie, I think) and maybe the other blonde girl (not Kellie Pickler, but the other one with the long blonde hair--she didn't seem to stand out much, so I wouldn't think she has a lot of fans). I really wish that really pretty girl with the long dark hair (the one who has an identical twin) would go, but I think she's pretty enough to get through to the next round on that alone (even though I think she sounded AWFUL last night ).
Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/200/170

I think the first two to go will be that twin girl and that stevie chick...yuk... and I can't WAIT to see the guys tonight.... wooooooohoooooooooooo
Closed Thread