Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #1  

Question Weird Dreams

Hello all,
I had a very strange dream a few nights ago and I can't get it off my mind! The dream was about me dieting {of course lol} but I would take bites of Carb, Cals and fat ridden foods and then I would just chew to "taste" them and then spit it out. Then the next morning I would weigh and would have gained 5 pounds because all the bad carbs, cals and fat was absorbed through my cheeks! How odd is that???? Why can't I get it out of my mind? Could that REALLY happen? Any suggestions?? I really want to get this out of my mind.
Thanks!
try~try~again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Digestion begins in the mouth, so some of what you dreamed is true. I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately too. I think losing weight and eating less makes you sleep less soundly. As a result you remember more of your dreams. And since you are thinking about diet right now, what else would you dream about?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I have those dreams too....Im eating something Ive been wanting, and wake up and immediately feel bad...it takes a few seconds to realize it was just a dream. Then remember that its ok to enjoy the food in my dreams

Dont worry about it. Better in your dreams than when your awake.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #4  

Lightbulb Thank you

Thank you both for your response. What you say certainly does make sense. Now that I think about it, when I quit smoking last year I also had dreams that I was smoking. I guess the mind is a curious thing.
try~try~again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #5  
Sweet Success

Default I remember of a dream

I remember last year I had a very tough time dreaming about eatting donuts. It was a crazy dream because donuts never came into the house all the time I grew up. I had also made it a rule for myself to never ever bring donuts in the house. Here I am having a dream about donuts!!
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9

Don't feel bad, when I first started, I used to dream ALL the time about pigging out on food. In my dreams, I would eat McDonald's, ice cream and all other kinds of fatty foods. I would wake up scared to death that I ruined my diet, but then was relieved because it was just a dream. Don't worry, it's normal!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #7  

lol...

Just a dream. If I was aware I was dreaming at the time I might really relish it....
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote