Old 02-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #1  

Default Treat Yourself Thread

Hi everyone-

In the interest of getting to know each other better - there are lots of newbies, (me included) it seems like...and as we're adjusting to this new way of eating, which is great and working but still brings up lots of issues like emotional eating, lonely eating, stress, etc...

I would LOVE to know how all of you chickies treat yourselves, reward, or occupy yourselves instead of eating a double cheeseburger or pint of Bluebell or something (my old favorites!)??

A hot bath? A good book? Walk? Any tips on staying out of the kitchen? Diversions please!

Hugs to all,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #2  
Princess Heather

I try to occupy my time with other things. I am an avid scrapbooker, I sell candles part time and try and stay busy with that....and I have two foster sons that are keeping me pretty busy. As far as rewards??? I am thinking about setting a certain weight and if I reach that weight maybe some new jewelry or some higher end make up that I love....we'll see.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

I shop on ebay for designer jeans
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #4  

Getting more into the possibilities of the recipes I think is a fun challenge, I also have found that momentary distractions help, like hand lotion or cuticle oil, or calling a friend or family member I haven't talked to lately (I don't have kids yet so I am missing that focus!) When I am on the treadmill I look at catalogs I've never ordered from and fantasize about what I'll be able to wear someday!

Also-the 10-calorie sugar-free watermelon jello is awesome.

Marbear! I'm with you on the instant coffee! Most people around here can't stand it but I LOVE Folger's decaf at night.

Candle-I have always wanted to try scrapbooking, maybe now I'll have the energy/time!

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #5  

I've been buying new shirts when I reach the 10 pound loss mark. I'm down a total of 38 pounds and yes, I've bought a new shirt each time. I also take my picture too, but I haven't done one recently. Soon. I do allow myself a *cheat* day but I don't call it that anymore cuz that word just sounds so negative so instead I call it my *treat* day. When I first started doing that, I PIGGED OUT. Now, because my stomach is shrinking, I find I eat less and less and I don't each really JUNK-junk. I just have something that I normally wouldn't eat during the rest of the week. So for example, I'll have kraft dinner with my meal instead of some brown rice. And I'll also have a bowl of chips for my afternoon snack instead of the apple, or I'll have it WITH the apple.

I've been doing my treat day for about a year now and I have lost and gained. I'm not sure if it's linked to my cheat day but I have lost as much as 7.5 pounds in one week WITH my cheat day. So, I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. My trainer at the gym tells me that if my treat day keeps me motivated the rest of the week, then she won't stop me. Also, I still exercise on my treat day.
~Shawna~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #6  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Just like Marbear I also chew the extra gum It just has a sweet flavor which is what i'm really looking for. I'll also gulp down a glass of water. Luckily playing with my son keeps me busy, and when hes down for nap I have so much housework to catch up on I cant think about eating hehe. As for a treat thing, I haven't done that yet since i've only been on the plan a week and a half. But it will definately have to be shopping of some kind!!
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:28 AM   #7  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

i try to play with my kids, and when I feel that I am very stressed I go shopping. Even though I don't buy anyting, walking around the store makes me feel so relax!!!!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #8  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Also looking to this site reading and use the computer is helping me a lot!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #9  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Of course, this site keeps me motivated...and I sincerely mean that!

For my first 10 pound loss, I bought a new outfit. For my second 10 pound loss, I got my hair highlited. I'm getting close to my 30 pound and I think I will treat myself to a massage.

When I am on the treadmill, I like to watch tv...something like CMT or a show that has motivating women...by that, I mean thin! I also like to read fitness magazines before I go to bed to help motivate me. When the BL is on, that really helps because I like to lose along with the people on the show.

I like to heat up my lites in the microwave because I feel like I'm getting a good hot dessert.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #10  

I agree!!! I've have never felt so supported than I do here. I don't even remember how I found this site...oh yes!! I was just looking for tickers. Then I decided to join the forums. I didn't post right away but now.......here I am

Last edited by ~Shawna~; 02-21-2006 at 09:45 AM.
~Shawna~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #11  

I have to say, that I allow myself a cheat meal (not day or weekend as in the past, but one meal) and I do it every other week. It helps me not feel deprived and gives me something to look forward to. I make sure to be POP for the next several days after the cheat meal, and I've had a steady loss for the most part.

Also, when I'm really, really close to binging, I will give myself a chocolate sugar-free pudding with a little FF cool whip on top. My center told me no, but they sell pudding there and I'm not sure it's sugar free. I figure, I'm only adding about 50 calories, and I count is as two of my condiments. It helps to get a little chocolate fix that way instead of raiding my pantry and eating myself sick.

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I like to come to this site, of course. I also love tea, coffee, gum, and Ice Breakers sours. For rewards, when I broke the 200 lb mark, I bought a new bedding set. I have been buying a shirt here and there, still waiting to be a little smaller to buy jeans. I have a savings fund going, and I get a check once year from the state just for being a childcare provider and taking classes and trainings each year. My check will come in about a month, and I am going to stuff the whole thing into savings. When I get to goal in June, I am planning a little weekend trip to SLC, and I am going to take my whole savings (Hope to have about $1000.00 by then) and buy all new clothes, shoes, bras, nighties, the works. I can't wait. Also, I am planning on having a new tattoo done on the small of my back (a flaming peace sign) for my birthday at the end of June. I had vowed a couple of years ago that I would not get that tattoo done until I had lost my weight. Once it is on there, it will be a constant reminder to me of my WL journey.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #13  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I’m also into treating myself with hot tea. Even though the tea I drink in OP, it still seems like a treat to me. Chai tea with splenda and vanilla soy milk is my favorite so I “treat” myself a couple times a week to this. For rewards I splurge on a new outfit, head to toe. There’s something about wearing a new outfit that gives me confidence and just changes my whole mood. (And I usually get a compliment on my new outfit and then they notice that I’ve lost weight, whatever works right?) For small rewards I like to buy a new body lotion or bubble bath or go into Victoria’s Secret and buy a new undergarment. You know something more personal.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #14  

I go to the gym and listen to my music and work out
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote