Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 07:55 AM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Angry Thin Angels...Just the Beginning...October 4 and Beyond

WELCOME ALL!!!

We have not been together long. Just a couple of 'buddies' that have found each other and like each other's company. We would love to have some new folks to talk to so if you feel inclined: Grab a bottle of water, a comfortable chair, sit a spell and chat with us. We'd love to meet you.
Old 10-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hey Granny, Your from my neck of the woods! I too am one of those wonderful things called a grandmother. I only have one (he is my avatar pic)

Let me see, I will tell you a little about myself. I have about 200lbs to lose and am just starting. Though we moved to Memphis 6 months ago, I am originally from Northern Indiana. My husband was career Navy and we have lived all over the country. My daughter lives in Memphis and since we have been stationed here twice and liked it, decided to move here in March. I work as a receptionist/secretary for a HVAC company and enjoy it very much. My previous job was as a clerk in a law firm and high stress. I have been married for 29 years to a wonderful man and I have two grown children, one married, one single. I have just started to getting my weight back on track. It is going pretty well actually. I am on a caloric/portion control diet with menus that I follow.

Tell me all about you. Am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Donna

PS: You will really like this site. The people are super supportive and wonderful
Old 10-04-2001, 12:45 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Hello Donna and welcome. I have lost 24 pounds since July 1 I want to lose 21 more by christams that will put me at 200. I am just watching what I eat and trying to limit fast food and sweets (not easy)
I am 49 and am happily married to a guy from Mich. We have been married 8 years. He spent 9.5 years in the Navy during Vietnam. I have 1 son he has 3 children by a previous marriage. I am a house wife but work part time as a substitute at our public library.

My hobby besides eatting is Genealogy.
This group really helps me. Things have been slow lately everyone is busy but they are a wonderful group.
I have 7 grandkids.

Come bad often and share with us.
Old 10-04-2001, 03:36 PM   #4  

Mary, gosh we have a lot in common. I am 48. I grew up in South Bend (where Nortre Dame is at) where is your husband from? Sounds like you get to have a lot of fun with grandkids. I wish I had more, but my daughter doesn't know if she wants anymore and my 28 year old son, won't get himself a regular gal and settle down. lol

My big thing is soft drinks. Had to give those puppies up completely and forever. I am like an alcoholic, one is never enough! I am not really a sweets person, but I do get a craving once in awhile. I like bread which can be a killer sometimes especially is you make your own which I do. I am just so committed this time that I am using extreme willpower over any cravings I have.

Last night was bad as for some reason I was still hungry right after dinner. I ate my snack of a soft pretzel no salt just a little mustard and just couldn't shake it so I ate an extra piece of fruit. I still felt a little hungry but I just dug in for the night!

Well, I had better go. My relief will be here soon for my lunch? hour. I go and pick up my husband from work at 3pm and use my lunch hour to do it. Can't pig out that way anyhow!

Good talking with you.
Donna
Old 10-04-2001, 04:18 PM   #5  

Hey guys

I have to make this quick, but I wanted to pop in. I seem to have lost another pound, and Im starting to get kind of, well, excited! Another ten pounds, and I'll be under 200 for the first time in I dont know how long! I havent been to the gym in a while, but Im finally kicking the nasty cold Ive had for about a week. Thanksgiving this weekend too, so Im definately going to have to get back there soon!
Old 10-04-2001, 09:03 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

well Krispy its time you came back I missed you.

Donna
I don't get to see my grandkids. My three by my first husbands dau.( I raised her so she's just like mine) Her husband doesn't like me for some reason so I hardly ever see them. the four that are my husbands children's they don't have anything to do with my husband and I so theres one we have only seen in pictures. Oh well thats life. I have given up soft drinks I drink water instead. I love fast food I had a whopper and fries today. They are a no no . Talk more later
Old 10-05-2001, 07:46 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
DH really hurt my feelings last night. I have eaten fast food a few times this week and he was putting me down. I already feel bad about it and knew I shouldn't eat it when I bought it. But he didn't have to chew me out.

I have to shop today for food. We are going to the fair Wednesday too. Oh well better luck next time. where is everyone. Kelly, Thinthinker, where are you.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:47 AM   #8  

Granny-Why can't we marry something besides husbands sometimes? I am sorry about not seeing your gkids. I couldn't stand not seeing Thomas. My dh and I had been wanting gch for several years and were so very excited when he came and we missed his birth. We had started down here three different times and got sent home as false labor. Then....the last time which was the real one they called and said it was false again, we turned around and went home, (we were about 4 hours from home) and he was born a few hours later and we couldn't go back until about 1 1/2 weeks later.

Well, don't have much time. Just checking in and saying hi. Granny don't let him get to you. You can pick yourself up and get back on the horse. Have fun at the fair!

Donna

PS Like a dummy I didn't realize you had a previous thread named something a little different. Sorry for sounding like such a yutz on my first post here!
Old 10-07-2001, 09:35 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
I lost another pound this week that make 25 down 20 to go till christmas goal. where is everyone?
Old 10-11-2001, 08:40 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

yoohoo where is everybody? Did I hurt someones feelings? I hope not I went to the fair yesterday I guess I did pretty good food wise. Hurry back
Old 10-11-2001, 09:47 PM   #11  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!!!

It's me!! I know, I suck so bad....:-( I'm barely even on a diet...though I DO watch what I eat...I really need to get back on track...so where have you all been? I see Mary here but no one else...I hope no one else disappeared...I promise to check back every day if you all come back too!! Let's get eachother out of this bind!! I think my problem at the moment is lack of exercise...cause I eat pretty well actually. I need to get myself off of my *** and out that door on walks every day :-/

WHERE IS EVERYONG???
Old 10-12-2001, 07:52 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome back Mel
I don't know where everyone went. I've been here. Food has been pretty good. I went to the fair Wed. but didn't eat too much DH and I usually share what we get so we can get more. Everything costs so much. Better go for now. Be back later
Old 10-15-2001, 08:54 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

where is everyone. I'm here alone. I have to work today and tomorrow. I didn't lose any last week I ate at the fair Wed.
Hurry back I'm lonely.
Old 10-15-2001, 04:43 PM   #14  

Hey guys! I'm here! Sorta. Teehee

Weight is good...right around 172, and food is okay, but nothing to be impressed with, since it IS college food. I can't stay, though, I have Criminal Law to read and then kickboxing at 6---I'm gonna get my booty whipped!
Old 10-16-2001, 02:42 AM   #15  

Woo! Im back now too. Ive been doing not too bad lately, dropping fairly steadily, and Ive gone back to the gym after a brief hiatus. I went this afternoon, and I had been there for an hour before I knew it! If it only went that fast all the time......
Closed Thread