South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Monday Chat

Freaky....where are you? I figured you would of already started us up this morning?
Well ladies....I feel awful....just broken-hearted. I went to Ohio to visit my dad (6hr dr 1 way) & he didn't even spend any time with me. He was too busy with his girlfriend! That was a shock too....my mother just passed away in June. And now dad is dating my sister in law's mom. Every time I tried to talk to him, he would open up the Bible & ignore me - talk about culture shock. I have always been daddy's little girl - center of his world & now I'm nothing. That hurt - a lot.
So I spent some extra time with grandma - she still loves me, but claims she ready to go....she's mixing pills claiming she going to kill or cure her pains - lovely. So after driving back yesterday I went to bed.....I had an awful weekend. Eating was not happening - so I'm sure I didn't gain, but I have lost my appetite.
PLease tell me you had a better weekend than me!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:06 AM   #2  

Default So sorry soon

Soon- that is aweful, that was a bad weekend but now it is over. Try to find something postive about the past with your family and then find something to focus on with your own family that will brighten your day. Watch a movie with the kids, take them to lunch. Just my advice. I am an only child but since I got married and had kids every year my dad gets worse. A little more mean and angry, he loves my family but doesn't know where he belongs in my life so he gets nasty. SO then I just focus on my family and still try to tell and show him I do love him. THat's just my advice but I do hope you feel better.
Freaky and I are off today so maybe she is sleeping in and I know she has her son this wkend so she may be spending a lot of time with him.
Well everyone is asleep so i am off to wkout. I didn't loose or gain so now have to step it up this week in order to make my goal by March 2nd. SO I will check in after my workout.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies and quit shaking me already!!!! I'm awake, I'm awake!!!

Seriously though I slept in until 7:00 am for three days in a row and it's a beautiful thing. Royce and I have indeed been spending massive amounts of time together this weekend. So much that I think he is ready to run screaming to his father's house - lol. I am off today but...

mamahulk - I have the beeper now and have four places to go today...got plans???

Soon - I'm sorry about the thing with your Dad. Maybe it will be short lived but the point is that it hurts. I agree with Mama. You can't change or control anybody but yourself so you have to put it away and enjoy the other things and people arroud you. (It still hurts though)

Well, I had an eating fest this weekend that started with Friday's snack day at work and just kept going. I even took a day off from workouts. I had a lot of junk and crappy food. I will not be going near a scale for several days so that I don't just curl up in a ball and stay that way. Days off are not a good thing for me and my healthy eating life style. There isn't anybody but me here to hold myself accountable for all the terrible eating.

What is that saying....
If a chick eats pizza and chocolate and no one witnesses this...did it ever really happen???

LOL - I'll be checking in later.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:40 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

A cold, wet, soggy, nasty morning here in the south. Yuck!

((((Soon)))) I'm so sorry you had such an awful weekend. You might want to write your dad a letter and tell him how hurt you were by his coldness. After all, you drove all that way to visit him and he ignored you. There has to be some reason for it. Maybe he feels that you don't approve of him being in another relationship so soon after losing your mother? But don't keep it bottled up or you'll find yourself farther and farther apart from him.

Not much going on here, scale-wise. I've started on some probiotics and slowly, my tummy seems to be improving in its relationship with veggies/roughage. I'm looking forward to being able to eat my 4 cups worth again without hideous repercussions. And get the scale moving downward again. I can eat oatmeal once again, which is a good sign!

Good morning, Mamahulk and Freaky (we were posting at the same time)!

Okay, off to make coffee and breakfast.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #5  

Default Good Morning

Well as much as I did not want to I worked out. I really did not want to but I did and it was a good work out. I agree freaky it is hard being home. I did not eat as well as I would of at work. Kinda gald I have to work tomorrow. Well kinda, still love being home. Call me about work, we will talk about the schedule.
Well have to get baby up, he is hacking away up there, time for more meds.
I need to get more fcoused today, anyone with me??? I've got shed some pounds!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great mroning everyone.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Soon, that's so sad about your Dad and Grandmother. I'll bet your Dad is feeling a little embarrassed about his relationship, and doesn't know how to handle it with you. YOu know how men are, they handle things differently than we women. I know it DOES hurt, though. I hope things will improve with both him and your Grandma.

Hi, Mamahulk and Freaky, enjoy your day off!

Mamacita, I'm glad your tummy is getting back to normal.

I thought I was having the morning off, but I just got the call to go in early. And here I started a load of laundry and turned on the self-cleaning cycle on my oven, thinking I had plenty of time! Oh, well, I can turn off everything and hopefully do it when I get home. My eating was awful this weekend, it started with our belated Valentine's dinner out on Friday night, and just went downhill from there. So today it's back to healthy eating, and I already went to Curves for a heavy duty workout.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Soon! How hurtful! Reading the Bible doesn't seem to be helping much! Tell him I'll have his balls for bookends! So sorry your weekend was crappy!

Mamahulk, good for you with the exercising! You are doing just fine. When is tattoo day or did I miss it?

Freaky, I've had a bit of a food fest myself. Good idea to avoid the scale. Mine is stuck, I've decided!

Cottage, too bad about work. It sounds like you had a Big Domestic planned. It'll wait.

Mamacita, that darn tummy is certainly taking its time, isn't it? Being able to eat oatmeal now is certainly a sign of improvement.

It's a gloriously sunny day today, cold but with hints of spring. The birds are having major discussions this morning - courtship?

Hershey and I slept until 6:30 this morning. She is thoroughly enjoying being my only dog - has her head on my feet right now. I am planning to take her to my painting class this afternoon. The teacher is a dog nut too and Hersh will just lie under my work table the whole time - except for tea time when she'll mooch.

I've a very busy week ahead so had better get my butt in gear and tackle this morning's schedule! Bath and hair first and then I'm into Domestic Goddess mode!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #8  

I declare today.....
Canadian National Day of the Domestic Goddess..... all of our homes will be cleaned by professionals, dinner cooked by a gourmet chef, children cared for by super nanny,we all go out for a spa day and the sleep at a fancy hotel on 200 count egyptian sheets.

We Canadians really do need a holiday in February.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #9  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Soon-I'm sorry about your dad too, hopefully it's just a bad phase he's in. I agree that a letter might be a good way to go.

Freaky & Mamahulk enjoy your day off, Ruth enjoy your dog and your painting class, Mamacita glad the tummy's getting better

I got to go out on a moms night out last night-nothing wild but it was fun to hang with the girls and I ate BAD. I had a big beautiful healhty dinner so that i wouldn't eat bad but I did so I'm sure I got my full calorie count in, plus some. I indulged in pepperoni bread and this pudding/fresh whipped cream, brownie, heath bar delite-yeah that's right the funny thing is that even my gorging really wasn't on par with the way I used to be able to gorge...either way off to the gym
Old 02-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #10  

LOL Ruth I just read your post after i posted. You cannot be in domestic goddess mode because it is a national day off!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #11  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning girls, hope your day is starting out well.

Soon - My heart goes out to you. I lost my mom in June of '03 and I don't have much of a relationship with my father so since her death I've been pretty much on my own. I have an older sister but our relationship changed after Mom died, sometimes I think that Mom was the glue that held us all together. My parents divorced when I was a teenager, my father had been unfaithful for many years and he consequently married the "other woman" and he is still married to her now. He lives 10 minutes from me but I have not seen or spoken to him since Christmas Eve. My only advice is to just focus on your kids, that is what I do, I focus on my family.

Hulk - Kudos to you for working out even though you didn't want to. I struggle with that myself. I'm planning on starting to work out this week 3 times, that is my goal. I want to work myself back to 5 times a week.

To everyone else, let's have a great OP day! I'm just taking it meal by meal, today is day 5 for me and I can tell I've lost some weight. My jeans are fitting nicely again and my face isn't bloated anymore.

I'm at work right now but I'm only working until noon since the kids are home. I was hoping my mil would offer to come in this morning so I wouldn't have to but no such luck.

I'll check back later.

Tyra
Old 02-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #12  

Soon - Wow! So sorry for what happened this weekend. I had a little rejection-fest of my own last week from someone I care about, so I can definitely relate. This week will be better!!!!

Hope everyone who has the day off today enjoys it. I'm stuck here at work. And hope that everyone who's sick is starting to feel better. 'Tis the season.

I was going to weigh in this morning to get an official jumping off point after being off program for so long. But, I took a look at the scale and knew it couldn't be right. I broke the scale - that can't be good! lol Anyway, I stepped on the scale when I went to Curves this morning, and I'm right where I was when I left off last month. Knowing that I didn't put any weight back on made me feel pretty good.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I starting a new challenge for myself, this weekdend,by writting everything down that goes in my mouth without thinking.So far so good, I'm know aware of what I'm eating. I'm also started a [Eat like a King Breakfast thing] to start the ball rolling again.

Will let you know ifit works. I down 1 lb this morning.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-20-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Morning Beach babes...sounds like a weekend of bad food choices arounds here...Well, me too. have a great day, I will check in later
Old 02-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #15  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks, bad eating day yesterday..very bad! To say the least I won't be going near the scale today. THis week will be better.

Soon, sorry about your weekend. Hope this week is better for you!
Closed Thread