Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 05:35 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Low Carb support club weigh in journal

HI all
GBO suggetsed a thread devoted to our weigh in
I also suggest that we include around the first of the month our measurements.

Friday September 28

wgt - 244#

Last edited by 1fralick; 09-28-2001 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2001, 04:51 PM   #2  
gbo

Measurement!!!!!!!! Now where do you suppose I can buy a tape measure by the yard......LOL Well, Ok but I have to find a tape measure first. As I normally weigh on Saturday I am going to be a day short but Who cares at least we can all do this together!
Here's where I am I now weigh 314 1/2. I had lose one more pound but my water level shot up one pound last night and that does happen when I can't sleep. I have been known to be awake for five day's at a time but thank God I don't do that anymore. Just an occasional sleepless night.
So instead of the thee and one half pound loss we will do it at 2 1/2 lbs this week.
Started at 338
First week 20 lbs down weight 318
2nd week 1 lb. weight 317
3rd week 2 1/2 weight 314 1/2

I have ordered the new Atkins book to get the program right, Thanks to Lee who is also helping to keep me on the straight and narrow.... and healthy!
190 1/2 lbs to go.
Doing my water faithfully and adding a little carb to the diet to boot. I 'll right yet!!! Can't wait to get the book. I have the old one but do you think I can find it ......NNNNNNOOOOOO! I have just been kind of winging it. Shortly I will know exactly what I am doing as I refresh this old memory of mine LOL . Can't wait!
I think I have my body on to sensitive a level on no carb so lee suggested for health sake and to stablize the weight lost adding 10 -15 % legal carb. I think she may be right. I always felt so good on the low carb before and now well, I just haven't felt well.
I am going to make sure I do this right. I sshould get my special exercise tape from Richard Simmons shortly too so I will be in great shape to really get this going. I used to lose 11 lbs a week but that was a number of years ago and well my friends things change with the years beside the hair color, which reminds me I really must dye my hair! I haven't done that for myself in two years. Uh huh, uh huh!
Sue .....E-mail me so I can get your address ok.
Pam
Old 09-28-2001, 05:41 PM   #3  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Wink

OFFICIAL WEIGH IN

OKEEEEEEE DOKEEEEEE....HERE WE GO! I STARTED ON THE ATKINS DIET ON JUNE 15, 2001. I HAVE TAKEN OFF 35 POUNDS SO FAR. (THIS WEEK I LOST 1) YIP (AND MIGHT I ADD) PEEEEEEE!

I DO NOT OWN A TAPE MEASURE (IT IS BAD ENOUGH I HAD TO GO OUT AND BUY A SCALE! LOL) BUT I WILL GO BUY ONE! I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CHECK OUT MY INCHES LOST BY TRYING ON CLOTHES FROM THE BACK OF MY CLOSET! (I HAVE A SMALL BAG IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM ANS AS SOON AS ANYTHING IS A LITTLE BIG...OFF TO THE SALVATION ARMY IT GOES!!!

I AM 5'9' TALL AND STARTED OFF IN VERY TIGHT SIZE 20 JEANS. NOW I CAN WEAR A TIGHT 18. MY GOAL IS A SIZE 14...ANYTHING LESS WILL BE A BONUS!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Old 09-29-2001, 09:01 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well girls i have a record of all but the first about 15 lbs. I measured from 218 I started at 235 in july of 2000 (size 24). I did PP and was not to faithful. if fact for the first 20 or so i almost did noteat as i was so angry at my self and the world. i then had to undo the damage of starvation and slowed the drop for a while. i then went down to 188(size 18) briefly for about a second then fell off program i ate up to 208 then i had to get back on my horse and lose it all. i have gained much muscle and lost lots of fat. i am friday september 28 at 179 and wearing a 16 but it is loose on the but and thight (the gut still needs to go) or i would be wearing a 14!!!
sso m official weight on friday is up a bit still from my low this onth of 176 but none the less it is a very low 179!!!!

I will post me measurements monday as i need to take them. and how may inches lost.
Old 09-29-2001, 09:30 PM   #5  
gbo

Hey Sue that is terrific!!! Good for you. I can't wait until I can say that. It is nice to think of all the mega times ahead I will have to celebrate!!!!! ****** Fireworks***********

I really must buy a years supply of big fireworks for all those occasions. The neighbors will be so confused!!!!! LOL
Pam
Old 09-30-2001, 08:44 AM   #6  

I too have been going up and down the scale...mostly because of the new food allergies, then the medications, and my indiscretion while out of town. I'm up , but definitely on my way down. Since I have been home, there have been no indiscretions...my fridge and freezer are stocked with the necessary foods.

When I weighed friday, I was between 202 and 203. I'm looking to be in ONEderdand again before long. My goal this week is to do so.

I think I started at about a size 22 (very tight) and now I am wearing a 16 (also tight). I'm looking like the AMAZON that my husband loved from the start. My legs are thinning nicely, and since I've pretty much been on a stall, the skin has had a better chance to shrink (sounds disgusting, but you all know what I am talking about). Having lost over 45 pounds, I think I am getting a little taller. I used to be 5'11", but with surgery and gaining weight, I lost some height. I think I am 5'10, but I haven't measured since I started this woe. I don't own a tape measure, but I'm not worried about the inches I have lost...they are what they are...I know that I need to weigh between 165 and 170 to get to a healthy weight. My BMI has dropped from 36 to 29...I am in the overweight category as opposed to the obese category. No matter how you slice it, I am FAT...but it's only a "suit" I am wearing for the moment, and I totally intend to shed it as quickly and sensibly as I can.

Hubby is also doing well with this program. I am so proud for him. I'm either going to have to follow him, or get a bat for him to beat all the younger women off!!! I have more to lose than he does, but I will not tell him that until I have lost all of my weight. Aren't I vain??? LOL

Falling off the wagon is not an alternative for me. I am so close to my goal weight. No more sabotaging all the good work that I have done. No excuses are viable. I am on this wagon for the long run, and I am here WITH and FOR all of you.

Lee

Quote:
Remember...you are the daughter of the Heavenly King...that makes you a Princess!!! Feel like one...look like one...carry yourself like one!!!
Quote:
"Once a man/woman has made a commitment to a WAY OF LIFE, he/she puts the greatest strength in the world behind him/her. It's something we call heart power. Once a man/woman has made this COMMITMENT, nothing will stop him/her short of success."
Old 09-30-2001, 07:50 PM   #7  
gbo

Lee Honey I am so proud of you. You have it down pat now and nothing can stop you. You are THE AMAZON QUEEN!
Keep Truckin' babe...literally and figuratively!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 10-01-2001, 05:43 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

These are my measurements, I lost 9.25 inches in the month of Sept

New measurements

5/6 8/01 9/05 9/30
R&L arm 16" RA15.5 -15 - 15"
LA 15.5- 15.5 - 15"
waist 48"- 46.75 -45.5 - 43.5"

roll above 50"- 49 - 48- 46.5"

Hips 58"- 57- 55.75 - 54"

Bust 57" - 54 - 52"

thigh
r 29 1/2- 26.75- 25 - 25"
l 28 1/2- 26.75 -25 - 24.5

RC 17 -16.5 - 16.5
LC 16.5- 16 - 16

RW 7 - 6.75
LW 6.75 - 6.5
Old 10-01-2001, 11:30 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

I have to admit that i am a frequent weigher and my weight this morning was a low 177.5 but i am sticking to the 179 that i had posted for the weigh in. I knew that it was water and would take a few days to come off!!!!

Pam the water takes a few days to drop off so give it a few days before you throw the glass against the wall in frusteration.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:22 PM   #10  

Hi all. I just found these other post's from you girl's.

Oct.1st: 150

Oct.3rd:149

150/142/135
Old 10-04-2001, 02:12 AM   #11  
gbo

Good going Butterfly!!!!!
Stay OP and you will be buying alot of your own fireworks!!!( To Celebrate) I really am going to do that you know. Freak out the neighbors, confuse the kids. All that fun stuff. I will feel fun again.
well, I had better go chop up celery and onions tomorrow it is chicken soup. Yummy.
Pat - those inches are just rolling off of you. WOW.
Pam
Old 10-04-2001, 10:01 PM   #12  

You know I just realized I only have 15lbs to lose. My head still thinks 30 for some reason. I got 27 off already so 15 seem's so little but soooo far. I need to re-program my brain or something. The support here is soooo awesome. I thank each and everyone of you here. I'm still trying to get names down so please be patient I'm getting there. Bye
Old 10-05-2001, 08:08 PM   #13  
gbo

Don't worry Butterfly...my weight hasn't suffered from my recent emotions but my brain is swiss cheese so there you have it!
I still don't have a tape measure but we are going out...yes out..to get one tomorrow.
In the meantime: I am down 4 1/2 lbs I am a loser again!!!!!!!
YES!!!! Thank God !!!! Thank God!!!!
Started : 338/318/ 317/ 314 1/2/ 310!
10 lbs to 300 just 11 lbs to get below it!!!!
I made it , I made it!!! I hung in there and I made it.
I am so relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I reclaim my life , life is what I make it and how I cope with it. I have control of nothing but myself and I choose to contol me.
Old 10-05-2001, 09:31 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

My weight this morning is a low 177.

Butterfly 15 lbs still is enough to make you uncomfortable with your size. and that 15 will be the haredst to lose. your body is going to fight to try to keep the weight on. you may have a hard time trying to think that you have lost weight. i still think do i fit in this space. am i really that person in the window that looks good. I will look at people on the street and think tht i am that heavy. I have lost almost 60 lbw and it is hart to think of how big i was at times then hard again thinking that i am smaller after being so big for such a long time. i look at picts and can not believe it was me.

Butterfly one thing with the atkins diet is that if you are a beginner then you may have a change of ody composition. with eating this way then your body is able to build up the muscle and lose the fat without even exercising (to a small degree) so if that is happening to you then you will see no weight loss and a definate size loss. muscle weighs 5 times more than fat. so if you were to tqke a pound of fat and pound of muscle then the fat would be 5 times bigger than fat so if your body is replacing fat with muscle thne you will see no weight loss but size loss. If you start to exercise then ou will see a weight gain first as you are building up muscle (very dence) and will lose fat (very mushy) before you will see a weight loss but you will definatly see a size loss almost immediatly. if you do begin an aggresive exercise program then you will have to change your goal weight to something according to your body fat calculation. ideally your body fat should be nomore that 20% of your body weight. but to rid your self of the tummy, and thigh and upper arem flab then you need to get to below 20% body fat but no less that 12% as then you will run into much more health problewms.
Old 10-05-2001, 09:33 PM   #15  

gbo when you see that scale go down you feel like you've just won the lottery or something. nothing else puts me in an awesome mood like that scale going down. congratulations. I haven't lost for some reason the past 4 days. It probably is those few tootsie rolls I had and I feel really bloated. I didn't let those 4 tootsie rolls throw me off though,got back to plan next day.
Closed Thread