Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #1  
Work it out.

Default What's going on? Help me!!!!

Last week when I weight myself I was 285, but this week it said I gained 2 pounds, and now I'm 287. On Saturday I weighed myself again(I cheated) and it said I weighed 284. So how could I gain 3 pounds over night. I exercised a lot on Saturday, but I also got my period yesterday. So does that mean my body is fluctuating. I don't want to worry too much about it. But I want to know has this happened to anyone on here before, because I'm sad. I was hoping to loose some pounds this week.
motivation86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

It was water retention. Don't worry about it! Earlier this week, before I got my period I weighed 124, today I weighed 121 (5 days into period). It was all water weight.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  

Your weight will vary day to day, that's really normal. All sorts of stuff throws it off. If stick to my calories but eat too much wheat, I way heavier the next day, periods, exercise, too much salt, can all make you gain water weight. Try to way once a week, rather than everyday, unless you log your weight every day and then take the lowest as your official weight.

Scales make me so I tend not to way too often, especially now as my weight loss is really slowing down.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

It is normal to gain weight during your period. And to lose it just after. Hormonal fluctuations do that.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

If I don't get *enough* water I've been known to put on an extra 2-3 lbs. Also, some nights I've noticed I will gain or lose 2 lbs without eating/drinking or using the bathroom, so you can't trust day to day weigh-ins. I usually weigh myself once a day or once every two days, but I don't really listen to it until I see a trend. If I'm higher than I think I should be, I know I need to pay closer attention to my calories and drink LOTS of water the next day.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote