View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #162
bzyathome
bzyathome

S/C/G: 199.5/175/150

Default New Here

Screen Name: bzyathome

Age/Age Range:49 (the big 5 0 is just 3 1/2 months away)

Family Life: Married for 30 years with a married son and single daughter but no kids at home, thank goodness. I became a grandma 6 months ago so very big event for me.

Occupation: Virtual Assistant to small businesses with some web design and desktop publishing thrown in.

Hobbies and Interests: Big Pogo.com fan; computers, of course; reading, walking and fishing with my hubby

Favorite Music: U2, Big & Rich and just about anything with a good beat for walking.

Favorite Color(s): Deep Plum & Gold

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking along the river and light weights

What are your fitness/health goals? Definitely need a new body makeover! I want to reach my goal of 150 by my 50th birthday and STAY. I love being active and just need to be healthier in order to enjoy my life. I started at 199.5 lbs and never want to see that weight again....too hard on the legs, hips and lungs!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My clothes were getting tight and at size 18 I had just had it!!! I have a closet full of 3 sizes and want to literally throw out the "big" clothes. Which brings me to the "trigger"....my nephew got married and my older sister is a size 4 with younger sister a size 8 so not only feeling like the "biggest" one in the pictures but looking it too, triggered me. Then when the three sisters got on the dance floor, I thought I was going to have a heart attack....not fun when you're in a room full of "beautiful" people.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I never get "full" and I love to eat. I'm of German heritage so I love the dumplings, pork and cream dishes and could eat them all day long. I also struggle with planning good healthy meals. DH and I are dieting together and he can eat way more calories than me and lose, not so with me. I have to watch every morsel.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Controlling my hunger by not thinking about food all the time. And I definitely need to exercise more often and with my walking routine, I need to go longer and further. My goal is to walk a 10K for breast cancer!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My older sister. She's 57 and looks fantabulous! She's not mean about it , tho.
My mother-in-law on the other hand is my other motivation.....thinks being a skeleton is attractive and healthy....NOT! But I'd like to look great to show her you don't have to be too skinny to look good and be attractive.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to put on a nice bathing suit and go out on the houseboat without covering up with a big t-shirt. I'd like to show off my body for a change.

bzyathome

new lifestyle start 06-14-11 (restarted)
199.5/170/150