South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend on The Beach!

Hey chickie! Wakey! Wakey!

I've just made a huge fruit salad (serves 20) and am off to my Church breakfast meeting. We are all busy people so do the early morning meeting thing!

Back later after I take Lucy to meet her destiny!

Old 02-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #2  

Default Olympic Interviewing

BBBBBRRRrrrrrrrrrr It's a Nippy one this morn! The heat is on and the cawfee abrewin'!

Sooo I'm beginning again on the round of interviewing for a new job down here in nerth caroliner... I went on one at this company to manage a customer service call center. It's my 2nd round with them... This company provides toiletries to prison systems. L O V E R L Y ... Anyway, I decided to go thru with Round 2 since it is only 10 minutes from my house..and is a 9-5 every other Saturday gig--nice benefits and way good salary.

I'm wearing a blue pin striped pant suit, black ankle boots with velcro straps that cross and have a nice silver detail on them, hmmm about a 2.5 inch heel . I think I look smashing!
Sooo I'm being interviewed by the sales director, marketing dude, and the VP of operations and I think I did okay... Ready to get a tour of the op center... Had my legs crossed at the ankles, legs swooped to the side... And I get up, attempting the cross foot double toe axle lift and hear Rrrriiipppppp--My shoes VELCROed together ... I am SHACKLED! C A N N O T M O V E ... CAN NOT SAVE double axle!!! I put out my hand to save whatever dignity I have left... This worsens the fall,as feet are still velcroed together, I TWIST and do a full on buttsplat, head hitting the chair. The MEN (I am mortified) scramble to help me up..as I wave them away ... Operations VP recognizes the problem and PRIES my feet apart.

Do you think I'll be offered the job ?
Old 02-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #3  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Default Oh, no Schatzi celebrates early --and loses GOLD on fall

oh Schatzi! I laughed and I cried...

Coasting to what should have been an easy victory, the American headed looking sharp to grab her victory . On the way to the finish line a never before seen act of velcro-voodoo caused her to fall and while she scrambled to her feet, she saw her dreams of pentitentiary toilets speed past.

Will she be able to hold on to the title? We shall see...we shall see...

thanks you for the fun wake up-off to the gym now to endure agony and brutal pain so i totally needed this. I do hope it still owrks out for you though!!
Old 02-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #4  

OMG Shatzi.. you poor thing but a funny read though

Ruth.. enjoy your church get together

batmomm... have a great workout

I am off to bed.. so hot here and we are having a heavy metal convention down the road at our exhibition grounds - I kid you not !!! Lets hope that the headbangers all behave and go in for an early night - not gonna happen I hear you say.

We had a lovely bike ride this afternoon and a game of basketball/soccer (what can I say.. we only have a soccer ball but the park was right near a basketball half court - sort of a weird meld happened) But we had loads of fun.. and after a tad toooo much falafel I am off to bed... have a great day chickies!!
Old 02-18-2006, 08:57 AM   #5  

Oh Schatzi...you ought to be a writer. I am with batmomm....laughed and felt sympathy. Now you join the legions of women who have endured the embarassing "wardrobe malfunction." I am sure your humor carried the day...those guys would be crazy to miss your resiliency, stick-to-it-tivenss, and creativity! Good luck on the job front!

On the diet front...I need a lifeline! I snuck into the chocolate late Tuesday and now find a growing pile of poor choices mounting. I need to get back to the beach. Complicating that...I went to Chicago to visit DD at college, and the fridge is bare! No eggs, no cheese, so I awoke to a carb rich environment. Oatmeal is my BEST choice, but it is packaged kind...maple brown sugar. Advice please...
Meg
Old 02-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Shatzi youll be fine,,, (let me tell you why I think so)

Picture this,,, During the hiring Phase for Corrections (prison) you must complete an agility test,, sit ups, running, and all...................... WeLL there I was doing sit ups with a male older Sgt, holding my feet,, and I tooted will coming up with my sit up looking him right in the face when I did it............... and as I had only had coffe that morning with a 2.5 hr drive, the can of air freshener came out.. Did I still get the job.. Yes I was Hired as Corporal. there. But ooooooooooooooooooooooo.. that was embarrasing,, All I could do was Laugh histericaly when it happened . allowing more to come out.... pert, pert.pert. ughh
Old 02-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!

Schatzi We love ya girl!!!

Determined to be OP today. I just had a cup of coffee, piece of WW toast, and an egg. I am going to a baby shower today, and I have no idea what will be on the menu. I will be smart and I will make good choices!!!!!!

I am up 2 pounds since Tuesday and feel every pound on my butt and thighs. UGH!!!!

I am going to go feed DD and then do a WATP workout. It is cold and wet here in Texas, so outdoor walking with the girls is out!

My week got busy, so I wasn't able to post much in the past couple of days. I am looking forward to catching up this weekend on what everyone has been up to!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! Well, it's snowing so no woods for me today...just between us I'm not too hugely dissapointed. Today will be cooking, studying and doing some grading. I'm goona walk my dog later on after b'fast. We love walking in the snow. I would take her to the park to let her run in it but I don't trust the roads as they are covered in about an inch of snow now. So, we'll just walk.

Schatzi: OMG! You poor poor thing! Still, they would be crazy not to hire you. Their loss if they don't!

Ruth: Let us know how Lucy's love connection goes!

batmom: Have fun at the gym! You're so good about that.

Marrianna: Sleep well! I love falafel. I use them on salad instead of the pita and it's wonderful!

Focused: Plan plan! THat's what helps me. I'd say go for the best choices you have at the moment and next time plan ahead and take healthy stuff with you...esp. to a college students dorm room you just know there aint a whole lotta beachin' goin' on there.

MsCrocett: How embarrasing! I did that on the beach (real one) once with a guy I was dating. Me lookin all cute in a bikini about 50 lbs ago...and as he was helping me up....oops!

Anyone I missed: have a fabulous day!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #9  

Default Good Morning

Hi everyone,
There is a lot going on in here today.
Schat- you ok, that sucks the whole exerpience.
To the exercise people today- good job! I am taking a break today.
With all t he sickness in my house and everyone up 3-4 times for 7 days I am dead tired. My oldest age 6 had to go to er last night in the middle of a power outage and no heat. He has asmatha but last night developed an inner ear infection. How fun. Oh and I had no phone and Chris was working. I had 2 way on my cell so I called him had him call my mom and she came and took Brady to Er so I could stay home with the other 2 sick kids. SO to say the least i am TIRED. I have a few things to do today but will not be out for long- too COLD! The power is on so that is a good thing. My income tax is in so I payed a bunch of bills this am- yahoo. That was a great feeling. Well have to mop the floors- will check in later. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #10  

Hello everyone!!

Schatzi - that story was hysterical - but oh so embarassing!! I hope you get the job!!!

Ruth - fruit salad sounds sooo good right now!!

batmom - working out on the weekend - go girl!!

Marianna - a headbangers convention?? I see no sleep for you!

Meg - I hope you get to the grocery store so you can make it through the weekend!

Ms Crockett - ok - that story is an embarassing one - and you still got the job!!

Pear - I hope the snow is at least as pretty as it is cold. No snow here - but it's COLD and RAINING. Yuck.

Mamahulk - I'm right there with you with a sick house - and I'm wiped out from this week!!!

As for me - this has been a CRAPPY week. Not great on eating either - Valentines Day I ate Chocolate but then I got back OP and was ok until last night. And - after the week I've had - and two nights of sleepless kids - and my house is a WRECK and I was just looking at my kitchen thinking I can NOT cook in this mess. So, I paged my husband up on Instant Messenger about 4 pm and said - hey - I want to order food for dinner - and he says ok - Fajitas? I should have said yes to that -because that would have been a better choice than what was on MY mind - but no - did I say Yes - noooo - I said "No, I am ordering Pizza" and he replies back "Ok." -grrrr - he was supposed to say NO - LOL. SO - I ordered pizza. Big freaking mistake. Can I have just one ?? Nooo noo no no no no - I had a pizza binge. And today - I am up a pound.

We have been sick since last week and now we are all finally over our sinus infection - but yesterday - the 3 year old ran a weird fever and then last night the baby ran a fever. And we have not had a decents night sleep in two nights. Yesterday I did not get out of my PJ's and that is not normal for me - I'm a wake up and get moving kind of girl. Today - guess what - still in my PJ's. I got the oldest DS down for a nap - and sent Daddy in there to sleep with him - but I hear them stirring in there right now - not good because DH needs some sleep he is GROUCHY. So - we are going to have to find something to do to get these kids out of the house because we are all going stir crazy. But it's COLD so nothing outdoors is going to work - and that is not good because everything indoors is going to be super crowded. I told my husband to get rid of all that pizza - PUT IT IN THE TRASH - and so - I have not peeked over there yet to see if he did or not - but I hope it's not there anymore. There was half of one left and I hope it's long gone by now!!!

I hope everyone is having a better weekend than me so far!! I am hoping mine is going to improve - lol - talk to y'all later!!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Yes I was soooooo embarassed,, but I am not taking a "stomach cramp" for know-one lol.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yes I could have just died,,,,,,,,,,,, I find it funny now,, but man for about 2 weeks, I DIN NOT I avoided the Sgt,..,, shewwwww
Old 02-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #12  

Default job interviews

loved those stories--my experience isn't quite as bad, but here goes. Had back-to-back interviews at the same company (large one). In Seattle it rains all the time and had my rain coat with me. First interview, holding raincoat draped over my arm. Interviewer offers coffee--which I don't normally accept during interview--but this time said yes. Well, half-way thru interview the coffee didn't get to my mouth--but did get spilled all over the front of my robin-egg blue dress. Such a fuss was made--want to go to restroom to clean-up, etc. I declined and continued interview--wet dress and all.

First interview lasted so long, only had ten minutes to get to next one. What do I do???? Finally decided, the rain coat goes on. Arrive at second interview and, of course, interviewer asked if I wanted to hang up my raincoat. And, of course, I said--no thanks, I'm a little chilled right now.

And, of course, I got offers from both interviewers! Go figure.

Been OP all week--have lost but offical weigh-in is Monday so will wait til then to update tracker. Was really proud of myself yesterday--out for lunch with gals and dinner at friends last night. I did have two glasses of wine but now in phase II I can have that once in awhile.

Go Gals--SB is great!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:48 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oh my dear Lord, I'm about to wet myself. I'm laughing and crying at the same time and I don't know if the tears are solely from laughing so hard or because I feel so much for you, Schnatzo! DANG. And Ms Crockett.... oh my gosh. Pert pert pert. HAHAHAHA I'm dying here. I have so been there. I'm the queen of accidental farting. It's why I don't do the pilates classes at the Y anymore!

Schatz, I'm just picturing you falling backwards in slow motion, the men reaching out to you going "NOOOOOOOOOO" in that slow-motion deep voice that they always have in the movies. How mortifying. I don't think they can not hire you because you caught a case of the Weezle Family Curse.

At least you fell on something that has padding. If it makes you feel any better, I can count about 5 times in the last 4 months that I've tripped over some air that got in my foot's way and have taken a header into a wall. Twice it was in mid-run at volleyball into the brick wall, too. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

At least you made an impression and they'll remember who Schatzi is when looking over the candidates. And, how you handled the situation may work in your favor. Just try to stay positive! I seriously can't stop laughing. Schatzi, you tell the best stories! I'll say a prayer for you and send some good vibes (if I have any left) your way! Ohhmmmm.....

So after a few "beverages" last night, I caved to DH's suggestion of . Have been paying for it all day long, starting at 6:00 this morning. I guess my colon needed a good purging, and was the best colon purger I could come up with at 1:00am. Whoopsiedoodle. I'm without transportation today so I'm going to re-hydrate and work out all day.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Lisa
Old 02-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #14  

Default You guys make me laugh

Sounds like some pretty interesting stories being told today. Well, if you can't laugh at yourself.... Thanks for the laugh. It was a baaaad week, so I needed a chuckle.

I've been MIA on posting for a while, but I've been trying to read posts every now and then to see what's up with everyone. Hopefully things have calmed down now to the point where I can get online more often.

Haven't been OP for about a month, but I don't think I gained much back. Weigh-in day is Monday, so we'll see. One thing I do feel good about is that I got to Curves 3 times this week. Next week, I'll shoot for 4 days.

Everybody have a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #15  

Good evening ladies! Today has been my lazy day (it's after 5pm and I'm still in my PJs!). I think I feel a cold coming on. I'm going to a stamp 'n scrap tonight, so I do have to get dressed eventually. Even though I've been feeling icky, I still managed to stay OP today. All this talk about interviewing and jobs has left me feeling unsettled again. I don't work and I miss it. I used to have a career but the job market here is so bad that it wouldn't even be worth it for me to work. I end up sinking my entire paycheck into daycare. I love being home with my girls but I miss interracting with other adults and, more importantly, getting a paycheck. Sometimes I can't help but feel down and think what a loser I am. A college degree and I spend all day at home. I've gotten involved in a ton of volunteer work, but still. Sorry to be such a downer. I'm sure it doesn't help that it's that TOM.

Anyhow, enough about that. I hope everybody's having a great weekend!
Closed Thread