Old 02-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #1  
Love Handles Me!

Default LA Lites Question and Poll, please!

I am obviously new to LAWL. I started on the gold plan my first two days after TO. I opted out of buying the LA lites because they were too expensive and I can not afford to buy them at bulk for any of the packages, etc. So I told her nicely I will be opting out and will be forfeit my contract because that is on the contract. She then said okay and went and said we have to move you up to the purple plan, its more food but its because you're not eating the bars. I started on Tuesday 02/06/06 and have lost 4 pounds so far. I work out not a lot but moderately. Treadmill, outer/inner thigh machine and situps.

So my poll question is how many have opted out of bars and have still lost weight and how many do you really think that the LA lites are what makes you lose the weight.

I also bought the FB500 supplement and Carb enders supplements the other day because they were buy1 get one Carb Enders free.

Just a friendly question, not something to argue and debate about. I was just wondering since I'm new. I still plan to get some LA lites from my sister cause she's not eating them no more.

Have a nice day and I hope to hear from a few of you soon! Ooh also thank you everybody for posting all your warm welcomes to the forum. It's great to have support and friendly advice to ease my mind.

Melissa

kaua4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #2  
slowlyshrinking

I've been on LAWL for 27 weeks, and have lost 62 pounds. I tried the lites the first week - when they give them to you for free - but had a unpleasant GI response to them, so couldn't continue. They made me get a note from my Dr. saying I didn't tolerate them, and they moved me from Red to Red 1. So, I've done 26 weeks without them and have lost weight with no problem. I have been pretty consistently POP, but I haven't done anything else. I did do some research about the Lites, and there are some studies that support the use of soy protein to maintain muscle mass, so I would have bought them - plus I'm a chocoholic, and it's hard to get much chocolate without the lites. But, on the other hand, they are pretty expensive, so I don't miss that. Hope that's helpful!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #3  

I've lost all my weight without them - 40 lbs
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I've lost 42 lbs without them. Sometimes I do miss the chocolate fix, but I have IBS, and can't have them.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #5  
Love Handles Me!

Thanks for the info so far. I have given some real thought to all of this, and I really do believe I can reach my goal weight by eating properly by the diet and incorporating lite exercise. Thanks for the help.

Mahalo nui loa and have a great day gals.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

how many of you sub the lites for luna or prias? I cant have the lites but I try to have the lunas. I have been losing weight but very slowly and I was wondering if maybe it was because I am on Purple with no lites and with me eating the lunas its giving me too much food?! Any thoughts on this?
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #7  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I was on purple with lites when I started at 181 and then moved to gold with lites when I hit 167.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:46 PM   #8  

You have to be careful with LA lites. You either have them or you don't. If you think that you are going to be getting them from someone else on the plan you need to tell your counselor so that you are on the appropriate plan. Otherwise if you are on the Purple No Lite Program and every once in a while having the LA Lites because you happen to have them around for a week, you are going to slow down your weight loss process. And Marbear is right, don't subsitute the LA lites with something else, especially if you are on a No Lite program. You are having too much food.
The LA Lites are a really great product if you can afford them and are medically eligible to have them. The added protein in your diet will help you continue burning more fat. They do also help with that occasional sweet tooth. If you have the opportunity to do them, I would. But if you can't...as long as you follow the plan and continue to measure and weigh all of your foods, get variety into your plan and consume the foods that are approved and in you books, and get all of your water in...there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to lose the weight with out the LA Lites. They are just a very helpful tool.
luvhandles22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #9  
Love Handles Me!

Thanks for the info this is some great information. I have been just sticking to the purple plan and not eating the lites. I lost another pound, so I am being very persistent in doing all the weighing and measuring. It's a routine, I really am liking this and enjoying every part of it! Structure is what I needed, the plan is not bad, it showing good results so far.

Also 15 minutes fast walking on the treadmill, 100 outer thigh machine, 100 inner thigh machine, and 200 leg press machine, and 100 situps.

Thank you!

Old 02-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #10  

I do with and without....I to have really bad stomach problems from all of them and I think it is the Soy
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #11  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Question Luna Flavors???

Hey, I just got a ? about lunas. Where can I go online to buy lunas at a good price? I can find them at my stores for $.98 but they only have a few flavors.Nutz over chocolate,smores,pb cookie,lemon zest,caramel nut brownie.And I have found pepperment stick and toasted cranberry but only once now they dont have it. I would love to try all the flavors.Thanks for any help you all can give me
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #12  
Megan

I havent been having the luna bars and I am soooooo hungry now. I guess I just need to get my body adjusted. darn and I really liked those
Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #13  
Megan

angelica try drugstore.com i know a few weeks ago they were having a sale on like a box of 15 or something. also maybe look at ebay. Or just go to a search engine and type in luna bars and see what comes up
Old 02-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #14  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Thanks so much. They do have them on sale. $.86 for each and free shipping.I went to rei.com and they had them for 1.09 but I could buy one bar not a whole box so I bought one of each kind I havent tried yet,lol. Them when I know which ones I like I can go to drugstore.com and buy the box.They should be arriving next week(hopefully before drugstore.com sale ends)
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote